The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agreed, he was fantastic in this game.

I was there and don't even remember him touching the ball?

Was probably petrified of big Clubber Lang tbf 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

47 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

And you all denied your cash flow challenges 🤔

Be interesting to see if well is dry as you plan for another season in this division😎

No we didn't. Most said we had no idea if there were or not. I presume you can post evidence of these problems or are you just talking nonsense as usual.

Well that’s another transfer window nearly done and dusted and unlike in Brian Rice’s January window,there has been plenty movement in both directions.

As old Willy Shakespeare said”Much Ado Abou Nothing” and we have reverted back to the Billy Reid/Ronnie McDonald years of a scattergun approach hoping 2-3 come good.

It rarely worked then and if anything all that can be expected  here is a slight improvement.

There are no game changers incoming,yes a couple of good players but they are not match fit and won’t be for 4-6 weeks while other signings look a waste of a wage.

No creative midfielder and the one we did have had an attitude problem and is away to play for a Manager that knows how to handle him and get the best out of him…a Manager that is and not a Head Coach/pal of the players.

The striker issue sums up this scattergun approach: we sign another Mumbongo despite the warning signs and a young guy from Hearts B who will in all likelihood get a handful of starts/plenty last 15 minute slots and it will do nothing for either McKenzie Kirk or Accies.

The upshot here is Hearts will be reluctant to send any kids to us in the future and to make matters worse it is depriving our own youngsters like Ben Black,Kamala and Lewis Morgan of getting game time second half of the season to aid their development.

We have went from a club who were proud to give youngsters a chance to one where our kids have to go elsewhere on loan to get game game.I would rather see Newberry/McGinn rather than McGowan/Hendrie for example.

Jake Davidson and Ben Williamson are decent players,but not game changers.The Jake Hastie of 4 years ago would have been,but again swapping him and Zanatta looks like a case of shuffling bodies and a like for like…akin to Rankin’s substitutions.

Bottom line here is the only change that was needed was in the dugout and xamount of signings/squad fillers won’t change that.

36 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Well that’s another transfer window nearly done and dusted and unlike in Brian Rice’s January window,there has been plenty movement in both directions.

As old Willy Shakespeare said”Much Ado Abou Nothing” and we have reverted back to the Billy Reid/Ronnie McDonald years of a scattergun approach hoping 2-3 come good.

It rarely worked then and if anything all that can be expected  here is a slight improvement.

There are no game changers incoming,yes a couple of good players but they are not match fit and won’t be for 4-6 weeks while other signings look a waste of a wage.

No creative midfielder and the one we did have had an attitude problem and is away to play for a Manager that knows how to handle him and get the best out of him…a Manager that is and not a Head Coach/pal of the players.

The striker issue sums up this scattergun approach: we sign another Mumbongo despite the warning signs and a young guy from Hearts B who will in all likelihood get a handful of starts/plenty last 15 minute slots and it will do nothing for either McKenzie Kirk or Accies.

The upshot here is Hearts will be reluctant to send any kids to us in the future and to make matters worse it is depriving our own youngsters like Ben Black,Kamala and Lewis Morgan of getting game time second half of the season to aid their development.

We have went from a club who were proud to give youngsters a chance to one where our kids have to go elsewhere on loan to get game game.I would rather see Newberry/McGinn rather than McGowan/Hendrie for example.

Jake Davidson and Ben Williamson are decent players,but not game changers.The Jake Hastie of 4 years ago would have been,but again swapping him and Zanatta looks like a case of shuffling bodies and a like for like…akin to Rankin’s substitutions.

Bottom line here is the only change that was needed was in the dugout and xamount of signings/squad fillers won’t change that.

From an outsider looking in it's useful to have the window summarised succinctly like this from a Hamilton perspective

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He should be raring to go next season then.

Just in time to come back and fire us to the title.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Richey's playing a blinder here TBF!

I was wondering at what point people would realise that I'm joking.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Just in time to come back and fire us to the title.

I was wondering at what point people would realise that I'm joking.

Think everyone knew you were joking when you implied a team managed by Rankin could possibly win a league (Any league).

Edited by Beckford

Well I think it’s clear the people running your club are completely incompetent. If you’re going to do business you should be discreet about it. You certainly shouldn’t tell your fans that you’re going to sign three of your rivals players; even if it was true but in the end turned out to be nonsense. Not only that, but you then lose your best midfielder to your league rivals to compile the embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

lose your best midfielder to your league rivals to compile the embarrassment. 

I agreed with most of that message until this point Tait was far from our best midfielder him or Hewitt was our worst.

2 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Well I think it’s clear the people running your club are completely incompetent. If you’re going to do business you should be discreet about it. You certainly shouldn’t tell your fans that you’re going to sign three of your rivals players; even if it was true but in the end turned out to be nonsense. Not only that, but you then lose your best midfielder to your league rivals to compile the embarrassment. 

We all knew that was nonsense but some of the younger fans thought these mind games would work when a blind man could see the opposite.

There is a lot of anger out there on Forums/Social Media from Accies fans at this shambles of a window.

A squad which was already top heavy in certain positions has been rejigged to be just as top heavy,but just with different faces.

Accies fans love to see kids get a chance as it in our DNA and this Manager and “Club Supremo” would rather sign a plethora of duds than give some of our top notch kids a game.

To make matters worse,we are signing kids the same age from other clubs and giving them a chance before our own.

With the Play Offs now 99% likely,most of us would rather have used the remaining games to bed in some of our youngsters,sign 1-2 at most and get returning players like Andy Winter,Marley Redfearn etc match fit and if not get them out on loan.

Falkirk signed 2 players who have been playing regularly in Tait/Shanley who have improved their options from the bench while getting rid of their dross.

We sign guys who need 4-6 weeks to get match fit:compare and contrast the signing policy of a real Manager compared to a Coach and an egotistical Club Supremo.

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

And this is one of the windows we didn't need to do much. All we needed in this window was a goalscoring experienced striker and 1 or 2 creative midfielders we only got 1 creative midfielder out of those 3 in Williamson who out of the 5 signings we've made is the only one I'm really happy about. 

Hastie is an downgrade on Zanatta, Kirk is a good player but another young striker is not what we were needing and we should have gave Joe McGlynn a chance. Dean Lyness probably won't make a single appearance for us and unless Fulton is out for the rest of the season it's a waste of a signing. Ahkeem Rose is another one of these strikers that might work hard but not score many goals and again if that's the sort of player we are bringing in I would rather not sign anyone and give McGlynn a chance doesn't seem that's happening though. And Davidson is another defensive midfielder seen someone make a comparison that he's similar to Macdonald which is spot on desperate signing from the club there. 

With outs we've let McGinn go out on Loan when Stephen Hendrie is literally our backup (McGinn is milles better), Newbury which might actually be a decent move for him but I wouldn't have been against him staying and getting a chance hopefully he's ready for next season, Tait which I'm not bothered about, Mumbongo again not bothered, Zannata like I said the replacement we've brought in is worse. O'Brien who was a good player but because he wasn't a Rankin favourite he never got a chance, and looks like McGlynn is away as well which again is a disgrace and due to him not being a Rankin favourite.

The only positive really about this window is apart from Williamson all the players we've brought in are only on 6 month deals expect from Williamson so if they do prove out to be disappointing they will only be here to the end of the season. Again I don't know why the board have backed Rankin again the amount of money he must have cost the club by getting us relegated and all these signings that's he's wasted or fallen out with would be interesting to see. If he doesn't win the playoff (which he won't) then he can't be the manager next season.