The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

Interesting.

Does this close the door for Connor Smith or could we accommodate for them both?

Optimistic, but I'd like to see them both sign, a bigger squad with options and competition can only be a good thing.

I don't think it would really affect it tbh as 1 is a winger and the other is a midfielder I think if we were to get those 2 in that would complete this team and give it a great chance of winning this league. I do expect 2 or 3 will be going though 

1 hour ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Hopefully i'm wrong, but this Moffat link suggests that we could be losing someone, and I can only see it being One.

I think we might lose Oné and I hope we don't. However i think Zannata will leave as well. Think Marley Redfren might be in trouble I like the guy and think he has a lot of potential but even if he got himself fit there's no chance he would get close to being in the team would even struggle to get on the bench with the amount of options we have. Think Lewis might of been in a bit of trouble as well maybe his performance on Saturday will of saved him a bit would love to see him have a good season with us this year.

Zannata will surely be first out the door if we need to offload anyone. Share the view that one would be a big loss. Likes of Sat shows the potential he has and a player that can run at defences like he can is something we really need imo.

21 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

I did think the idea of Conner Smith coming back was too good to be true...

Sorry to drop in… I would have been very surprised if Smith went to league one as it’s plain to see he’s beyond that level. That being said, I think Hamilton have a stronger team this year in league one that you did in the champ last year…

Edited by Diamond1924

25 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

That interview with Strain is horrific though. Comes across as really petulant and ruins any future relationship with the player. 

If I were Smith I'd be waiting it out to see if a Championship, or even a bottom half Premiership side, came in for me. 

Think Strain needs to realise players may want more, which is completely understandable, if you're not happy with the situation then keep it private rather than publicly tarnishing relationships. A simple 'Smith won't be joining would have sufficed'.

34 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

It was obvious he wasn’t coming . There is no value in hearts sending him to league 1 where he has already proved himself at QP and then shown it in the Championship with us last season.

13 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Sorry to drop in… I would have been very surprised if Smith went to league one as it’s plain to see he’s beyond that level. That being said, I think Hamilton have a stronger team this year in league one that you did in the champ last year…

He has said when at Accies games this season he has no interest in going to Airdrie, maybe been put off by his Brother. Imagine he will end up at ICT

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

24 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He has said when at Accies games this season he has no interest in going to Airdrie, maybe been put off by his Brother. Imagine he will end up at ICT

Stranger things have happened…

Put off by his brother? 😂 I think you’ll find his brother had a grand time at Airdrie. Relegating you lot being a highlight I’d imagine 

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Is Gerry Strain normally a total fanny or has not signing Smith just made him lose the plot? Complete toys out the pram interview.

As for saying Kevin O’Hara and Kyle MacDonald are good enough for the Premiership…they weren’t regulars for us in L1 ffs.

He's always like that. Although a lot of good changes have happened at the club this season him still being at the club is one of the bad things. He has threatened accies fans in the past on social media after he got caught out for having a fake account on social media where he was also abusing fans on and he's been accused recently of threatening an older fan as well. 

Accies reputation taking a kicking due to ill advised statements coming from board members you say, mmm no thats never happened before🙄 why is it everytime there is a brief period of positivity, someone at the club drops a bollock!

Gutting that connor wont be returning, but could we not have acted with a bit of dignity? Overall there has been some great recruitment and the squad has been greatly improved. Why spit the dummy when his return was unlikely? (Even if it did look like a done deal, things can change) Can we not focus on the fact we have re-signed players like Scot Martin?

Accies PR at its best.

Im a long time Accies supporter who has been an occasional viewer of Accies content on pie and bovril, but not felt the need to be a contributor. 
I know I’ll get dogs abuse for this, and accused of being a BOD ‘plant’… nothing could be further from the truth.

I don’t know Gerry Strain or any of his cronies, but he has come out today to give fans a bit info on why the Connor Smith loan deal has not happened…… don’t think what he said was unreasonable or damaging…….is silence the best policy? ‘Keeping fans in the dark’?….really think some people on here need to get over themselves.

37 minutes ago, Accieal said:

Im a long time Accies supporter who has been an occasional viewer of Accies content on pie and bovril, but not felt the need to be a contributor. 
I know I’ll get dogs abuse for this, and accused of being a BOD ‘plant’… nothing could be further from the truth.

I don’t know Gerry Strain or any of his cronies, but he has come out today to give fans a bit info on why the Connor Smith loan deal has not happened…… don’t think what he said was unreasonable or damaging…….is silence the best policy? ‘Keeping fans in the dark’?….really think some people on here need to get over themselves.

Good to see you finally sign up Mr Mulligan. What good deals are on in Iceland at the moment?

36 minutes ago, Accieal said:

Yeah tbh I would say it's odd the time you choose to post for the first time is in defence of Gerry Strain.

Could have easily communicated the situation without coming across as a petulant child, something as simple as, "talks have broken down with the players agent" would have been sufficient.

For me it just reeks of the same energy as McGowan's pathetic rant at the council when they didn't review their office lease, embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Accieal said:

In the future tell your mate Gerry/Martin to just say a player is not signing rather than slamming the player and their agent in the media ruining any chance of him ever signing for us even in the future and potentially putting off other players and agents off for signing for us.

For me it's just the media being the media tbh......create drama/emotion/spin and sensationalise.

When it comes down to it, it was an update for the fans on an ongoing deal.

● deal agreed

● motives unclear between player and agent

● disappointment in it falling through

● defending clubs quality for future signings

It's a shame it never went through as it would have been great, but theres still time to recruit a little more quality into the squad/team.

Onwards and upwards.