The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

image.png.b05b6855ae988794e0542745caa7938e.png

Not that it functionally matters but Hamilton about to get crowdwanked into oblivion for not bringing an away support when they all buy home tickets.

This is the link they should have put up https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/product/e-ticket-away-support-alloa-vs-hamilton/

Hamilton - The Livingstone of Lanarkshire

Nae posts

Nae fans

Nae cash

Nae future

Fergus Owens signs a 2 year new contract excellent news he has been excellent since he returned in January and should have never been out on loan in the first place will be a key player regardless of what league we are in next season.

16 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Fergus Owens signs a 2 year new contract excellent news he has been excellent since he returned in January and should have never been out on loan in the first place will be a key player regardless of what league we are in next season.

Clearly had ability to play at this level when with us & potential to get even better. Glad he's came back in good shape for you. McGlynn has done fairly well too thus far.

Bizarre. Maitland did the same with Rice just before we were about to get relegated from the Premiership in an attempt to galvanise the club - something he later admitted was a mistake.

39 minutes ago, Count Mongo del Fantastico said:

"management duo 'agree long-term deals' at ambitious League One club"

https://x.com/LanLiveSport/status/1786404404301602890

Hamilton Accies boss John Rankin and assistant Darian MacKinnon are believed to have agreed long-term contract extensions with the club.

Only Fools Del Boy GIF - Only Fools Del Boy Rodney - Discover & Share GIFs

Another season would have been a terrible decision itself but long term is just incredibly stupid and naive I don't think giving any manager when we're at the level we are a long term contract is a good idea especially with it being Rankin makes it worse. Inverness have given a few managers now long term contracts and they find themselves in a position where they could get relegated in the next 2 weeks and still have Ducan Ferguson contracted for another 2 seasons they also face a possibility of part time football next season if they go down. If Seref and the rest of the board seriously think that Rankin will take us to the premiership and eventually get us top 6 then they're seriously naive and deluded seems like Gerry has been playing far too much football manager. 

Well that beggars belief! We give a long term contract to a management duo who could possibly fail in their targets for the second consecutive season. Seref and his nodding dog sidekick Brown are quickly losing any goodwill they had amongst the support although they did have a couple of arselickers fawning over them at the forum last night.

As a club, why would you allow a newspaper to break your stories? 

Depending on how close you are to the local rag, you might give them advance notice of a story and tell them you're going live at 1700 so they can release the story at the same time as you. 

But letting them break your stories? That's just totally tinpot. If I worked in your media department I would be raging. 

We used to have directors that leaked signing stories all the time, but that was just to their mates, not the papers. And the club still ran all their own stories even if various "I want to look ITK" fans on facebook had told the world first. 

Giving out contract extensions is the way ahead. We’ve been doing the same with our top performers like Morrison, Yeats, Spencer etc etc. It’s only right that you guys should give your ace management team long term contracts, it stops all they bigger clubs stealing them from you.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As a club, why would you allow a newspaper to break your stories? 

Depending on how close you are to the local rag, you might give them advance notice of a story and tell them you're going live at 1700 so they can release the story at the same time as you. 

But letting them break your stories? That's just totally tinpot. If I worked in your media department I would be raging. 

We used to have directors that leaked signing stories all the time, but that was just to their mates, not the papers. And the club still ran all their own stories even if various "I want to look ITK" fans on facebook had told the world first. 

Maybe because they know it'll get a negative reaction and want to have it filter through before the official announcement so that most folk let their initial anger out on Lanarkshire Live's post? Could also be so that it's already out there before we play a game tomorrow. Neither of these are compelling reasons, but trying to get into the mind of this club is a real challenge. 

Posted (edited)

I had a small lingering hope Seref just told people Rankin was staying at the forum last night because he just didn’t want to tell fans who will then post on here, twitter etc. that Rankin is gone if we don’t go up ahead of the play offs.

But to actually give him a ‘long-term’ contract is wild. That’s lost them my season ticket if we don’t go up, I’ll likely just go to some good away days but I’m not watching another full season of Rankball in this tinpot league.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I had a small lingering hope Seref just told people Rankin was staying at the forum last night because he just didn’t want to tell fans who will then post on here, twitter etc. that Rankin is gone if we don’t go up ahead of the play offs.

But to actually give him a ‘long-term’ contract is wild. That’s lost them my season ticket if we don’t go up, I’ll likely just go to some good away days but I’m not watching another full season of Rankball in this tinpot league.

Seems the cash flow challenges going up a level 

And yet the board also admitted at the forum last night that they intend to recruit an experienced addition to the management team.

That in itself is an admission that what we have is not up to the job. Rankin is a decent coach, never a manager. Daz, well can anyone actually argue that he contributes anything positive to justify his position, never mind  extending his contract.

We were asked for a change in culture last night to create a more positive outlook. Good luck with that now! Feels like they are doing this before the inevitable failure that Rankin will orchestrate in these (probably two) play-off games out of stubbornness.

Really hope I'm wrong and we scrape through but can't see any cause for optimism. Keeping him for next season is a surprise to no one who attends these forums. However, the timing is lousy and will be fuel to the fire of those that are already vocally angry at games if/when we fail! Creating more negativity before the playoffs will not help with the culture change the fans have been told must happen!