The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

It was a combination of Ben's tweets, comments he has made on the Falkirk Daft podcast and comments on the Only Accies podcast. 

I think the reason it's been brought here is mainly because of the mass block of Falkirk fans from the twitter and the fact they've declined to come and do the usual prematch guest interview on the Falkirk Daft podcast. It has just fanned the flames a bit and people are having a bit of a laugh since it very much appears a "can dish it out but can't take it" type scenario.

Don't think anyone is meaning anything nasty. As I said all the podcasts in the division are great and I'll often have a listen to others if I know Falkirk is mentioned and Only Accies is no exception. And if you get that engagement across fans it's inevitable there will be jokes and comments afterwards.

The "offending" post has been deleted, either by the Mods acting on their own or at the request of somebody on here, don't know which.

You have a dig because the Only Accies guys have gone into hiding after that result yesterday and somebody takes offence.

A fucking joke.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The "offending" post has been deleted, either by the Mods acting on their own or at the request of somebody on here, don't know which.

You have a dig because the Only Accies guys have gone into hiding after that result yesterday and somebody takes offence.

A fucking joke.

The guy's a broadcaster FFS. He puts his mug out there & associates it with the football team. 

Very interested to read the mod's justification for the deletion.

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

A fucking joke.

Quite a lot about me on this thread last night & today so I made this account specifically to comment.

1) The post you’re referring too of my face on a Falkirk Daft post was not made my me, or anyone associated with OnlyAccies. It was funny, so I commented “😂” on it.

2) When it comes to referring to Falkirk Daft as Daft Falkirk, that was because when I was invited on as a guest by John, whom I know personally, he referred to us as AcciesOnly.

3) On the best squad in the league comment, that was my opinion and I stated it haha?

4) I was asked to come on Falkirk Daft, as I have been for every game this season and I made John aware that I wouldn’t want to after non stop tweets, comments and posts from Falkirk fans about me. I get it, I’m creating content and that’s part and parcel of it sometimes.

5) On going into hiding, I do OnlyAccies in my spare time and for my love of the club. Making a video is sometimes more hassle than it’s worth, especially after a result like that when I know all that’s going to happen is it gets clipped & memed and the rest of it. Again, I get it it’s part and parcel of making content but doesn’t mean I have to be happy to accept it.

6) On going into hiding & blocking fans on Twitter, see point 5.

More than happy to discuss with any fan, of any club, anything I’ve mentioned so feel free to message me directly. Cheers

3 minutes ago, benonlyaccies said:

Quite a lot about me on this thread last night & today so I made this account specifically to comment.

1) The post you’re referring too of my face on a Falkirk Daft post was not made my me, or anyone associated with OnlyAccies. It was funny, so I commented “😂” on it.

2) When it comes to referring to Falkirk Daft as Daft Falkirk, that was because when I was invited on as a guest by John, whom I know personally, he referred to us as AcciesOnly.

3) On the best squad in the league comment, that was my opinion and I stated it haha?

4) I was asked to come on Falkirk Daft, as I have been for every game this season and I made John aware that I wouldn’t want to after non stop tweets, comments and posts from Falkirk fans about me. I get it, I’m creating content and that’s part and parcel of it sometimes.

5) On going into hiding, I do OnlyAccies in my spare time and for my love of the club. Making a video is sometimes more hassle than it’s worth, especially after a result like that when I know all that’s going to happen is it gets clipped & memed and the rest of it. Again, I get it it’s part and parcel of making content but doesn’t mean I have to be happy to accept it.

More than happy to discuss with any fan, of any club, anything I’ve mentioned so feel free to message me directly. Cheers

Take your medicine 

3 minutes ago, benonlyaccies said:

This is all fair and as I said all funny re the DaftFalkirk comment. The picture I mentioned was because you had retweeted it. The comments about best team in the league and the annual falkirk bottle job (that might have been someone else but on your podcast?) As well are both fair discussion on your podcast. 

My posts are mainly just to highlight that I don't think most Falkirk fans mean anything nasty and are mostly just returning the jokes and banter to the comments you've made. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is all fair and as I said all funny re the DaftFalkirk comment. The picture I mentioned was because you had retweeted it. The comments about best team in the league and the annual falkirk bottle job (that might have been someone else but on your podcast?) As well are both fair discussion on your podcast. 

My posts are mainly just to highlight that I don't think most Falkirk fans mean anything nasty and are mostly just returning the jokes and banter to the comments you've made. 

I’m aware most aren’t mean spirited, and as I said I completely understand it’s part and parcel of making content online for people to ridicule.

It is what it is at the end of the day, but after seeing my name thrown around here a lot I wanted to state my own case for anything people had an issue with.

51 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Perhaps we could recreate his podcasts using a silouetted actor with a bogging Lanarkshire accent, like the beeb used to do with Gerry Adams.

😂😂

23 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Tbh,an hour ago I was spitting mad but now I might as well laugh also.

It’s not as if we are not used to fcuk ups as it happened regularly under Martin Canniewin and Stuart “interesting “Taylor.

To be fair once we pulled it back to 2-2,I was expecting a winner,but the ultimate lol was the smallest guy on the park(looked like an under 14 player) scoring with a header.

Canning was in the top division and guided us to a 2-0 win at Ibrox, beating Hearts when they were top, 3-1 at Hibs, 4-0 v Dundee United, wins over Aberdeen and several derby wins. I wasn't his biggest fan but he doesn't half get a bad rap. This current joker shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath. 

On 10/02/2024 at 18:56, Shodwall cat said:

If true that's horrendous . They had double against cove. How can you lose half your support after 2 wins.

It's weird, the area around me at both recent games looked about normal, in fact yesterday looked far busier than some games where they've said the crowd was 1300 - 1400. I always doubted those figures were accurate anyway.

I'm assuming the area nearest the away stand is down by about 100 or so but I can't see it from my seat and the recent highlights have been from the main stand so hard to confirm.

We're supposed to have well over 800 season ticket holders and I thought most clubs figures included them whether they attended or not. Seemingly we don't do this but I thought we did when they gave the larger crowd figures. If that makes sense!

4 hours ago, benonlyaccies said:

Actually mate I like your vlogs. It’s hard to be motivated when things go wrong, which is why I guess the latest hasn’t gone up. 

That said I’ll still slag you but it’s only to have fun.  I don’t even hate the pars. Perhaps there’s something wrong with me. 

The league table since the first round of fixtures (since teams found Rankin out) 

Alloa could go above us on Tuesday if they were to beat Edinburgh at Home and Cove are only 1 point behind us 

But it's fine according to some Falkirk fans nobody will challenge us next season so we should just keep Rankin and it's absolutely mental according to them that we all want him gone.

Screenshot_20240211_231419_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Ian Mcleod

43 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

But it's fine according to some Falkirk fans nobody will challenge us next season so we should just keep Rankin and it's absolutely mental according to them that we all want him gone.

None of us give a toss about Rankin, stay or go, it won't be impacting us in any way between now and May. None of our business. But you better believe we'll continue challenging this myth that a team who have still not lost a league game in mid-February, dropping 10 points from an available 66 in the process, have somehow been "handed the league" due to the perceived incompetence of the manager of another football club. We'll continue destroying that complete, total and utter garbage until you start facing up to reality.

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

None of us give a toss about Rankin, stay or go, it won't be impacting us in any way between now and May. None of our business. But you better believe we'll continue challenging this myth that a team who have still not lost a league game in mid-February, dropping 10 points from an available 66 in the process, have somehow been "handed the league" due to the perceived incompetence of the manager of another football club. We'll continue destroying that complete, total and utter garbage until you start facing up to reality.

Bottom line however you dress it up is the gap is as big as it is due to the stupid dropped points from us.

You would still be top,but the gap would not be insurmountable: 8 points dropped from winning positions and 9 points dropped at home against Part-timers are why the gap is so big.

We watch our team every week and see the damage Rankin has done and will continue to do as we won’t win a Play Off with him in charge and he is in with the bricks.

John McGlynn wouldn’t have dropped Nine points at home versus Part-timers if he was our Gaffer.

That is the bottom line however you dress it up and I say that as someone who appreciates the magnificent season you are having.

The gap will be touching 20points as we will nosedive due to the ongoing animosity between The Manager and Fanbase.

8 hours ago, Roboccop said:

1)Actually mate I like your vlogs.

2)It’s hard to be motivated when things go wrong, which is why I guess the latest hasn’t gone up. 

3)That said I’ll still slag you but it’s only to have fun.  

4) I don’t even hate the pars.

5)Perhaps there’s something wrong with me. 

1) ✅

2) ✅

3) ✅

4) ❌

5) ✅

😁

7 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Bottom line however you dress it up is the gap is as big as it is due to the stupid dropped points from us.

You would still be top,but the gap would not be insurmountable: 8 points dropped from winning positions and 9 points dropped at home against Part-timers are why the gap is so big.

We watch our team every week and see the damage Rankin has done and will continue to do as we won’t win a Play Off with him in charge and he is in with the bricks.

John McGlynn wouldn’t have dropped Nine points at home versus Part-timers if he was our Gaffer.

That is the bottom line however you dress it up and I say that as someone who appreciates the magnificent season you are having.

The gap will be touching 20points as we will nosedive due to the ongoing animosity between The Manager and Fanbase.

Hamilton fans seem to think the “new” owner /owners are good.  Surely he/they are to blame if they won’t remove the manager that all the fans want out? 

Edited by BPM