Clyde Season 23/24

21 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Or you could just appoint a manager that is able to do the job himself? Having a DOF means you have to get two appointments right (getting one right is hard enough), it costs more and I’m not entirely sure what a DOF at this level would do that a competent manager couldn’t do himself hence why you don’t see it very often at this level.

At big clubs when you are dealing with multi million pound contracts, extensive negotiations and a world wide scouting network it’s useful. When you are signing part-timers from the exit trials and already have a manager who can deal with it himself it’s utterly pointless.

It sounds to me a bit of look what McCabe did for Airdrie a brave appointment, kelty as well with Tidser,   we can do the same and reap the rewards,  McCabe has done better than expected, but the main difference was he inherited a team that was coming to the boil form wise,  Duffy and McLean are at an entirely different level with the team and club in total freefall...

I have seen the lad Malcolm a couple of times at Rossvale, he was big and gangly, a young Robert Jones (not cheering you up any here) type player,   wouldn't think he would cut the league up just yet, could be decent in a couple of seasons..

1 hour ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Do the recent signings betray the statement that there’s funds still available? 
Are funds available and there’s no quality players either available or willing to join us? Or, are we out of money for players? 

Harry I asked the question on the os and was told there was plenty of budget available or words to that effect.  I get the impression they are waiting until nearer the end of the transfer window which seems a risky policy. Certainly the signings to date are underwhelming. 

2 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

Harry I asked the question on the os and was told there was plenty of budget available or words to that effect.  I get the impression they are waiting until nearer the end of the transfer window which seems a risky policy. Certainly the signings to date are underwhelming. 

You cant imagine there is many more signings to come without shipping others out.  Currently 21 in the squad.  There might be room for 1 more.  Maybe a defender but that will be it as we currently have

2 Goalkeepers

7 Defenders

8 Midfielders

4 Strikers

Well say that but would hardly call them goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and strikers.

27 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

You cant imagine there is many more signings to come without shipping others out.  Currently 21 in the squad.  There might be room for 1 more.  Maybe a defender but that will be it as we currently have

2 Goalkeepers

7 Defenders

8 Midfielders

4 Strikers

Well say that but would hardly call them goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and strikers.

Yes, you flatter them with your description 😂

4 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Currently 21 in the squad.

2 Goalkeepers

7 Defenders

8 Midfielders

4 Strikers

Yeah to me, those numbers represent a full squad. I can’t see us moving bodies on either because we’ve deliberately signed/re-signed the players that are in this summer (Aside from Rennie/Hynes).

8 hours ago, SLClyde said:

We will see what comes at the end of august, but the comment about a  substantial budget being left could end up being another stick to beat the board with. 

Another stellar signing. There must be some amount of money in the kitty. On a positive note he can’t be as bad as Rennie but on our current recruitment form he probably is worse. The whole thing is a joke.

8 hours ago, SLClyde said:

We will see what comes at the end of august, but the comment about a  substantial budget being left could end up being another stick to beat the board with. 

Certainly. If we continue with this squad without any quality additions whilst having a “substantial budget” just not being spent, that’s just absolute negligence. 

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Certainly. If we continue with this squad without any quality additions whilst having a “substantial budget” just not being spent, that’s just absolute negligence. 

Negligence from Duffy certainly

11 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Dreading today just need to hope livi treat it like a training match. Will still put at least 3 or 4 past us tho.

In Trittwr or X, there was a post about us playing and beating them 20+ years ago.

Extraordinary how our trajectories have diverged since. Both teams in New Towns, both doing well in league, neither getting huge gates.

I wonder what would have happened if we had tried to engage at Cumbernauld, instead of having petulant directors with the sole aim of self inflicting homelessness?  

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Negligence from Duffy certainly

Did a Dumbarton fan not say when he took over one of his issues was paying the going rate for players?  Looking at the squad assembled so far it seems to be the case. I am struggling to see where the money is going so it would sense there is money left in the kitty.  If the DOF won't spend it though we are really in trouble. 

1 hour ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Did a Dumbarton fan not say when he took over one of his issues was paying the going rate for players?  Looking at the squad assembled so far it seems to be the case. I am struggling to see where the money is going so it would sense there is money left in the kitty.  If the DOF won't spend it though we are really in trouble. 

I believe he was horrified when he was appointed at some of the wages some were on ,Thicot being a prime example. It's hard to argue mind with some of last season's squad.  Hopefully he will bring some in as the alternative isn't worth thinking about.

The baffling thing is that Duffy came in last season and signed Doherty, Rennie, Hynes, Salkeld, McGeever, Quitongo. All players with experience, height, physicality. 

Having a few additions of that ilk would make a massive difference.