Clyde Season 23/24

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

In Trittwr or X, there was a post about us playing and beating them 20+ years ago.

Extraordinary how our trajectories have diverged since. Both teams in New Towns, both doing well in league, neither getting huge gates.

I wonder what would have happened if we had tried to engage at Cumbernauld, instead of having petulant directors with the sole aim of self inflicting homelessness?  

An old game came up on my YouTube feed last night (think it was from the days Scotsport used to cover lower league games)

Was last game of season and Livi got promoted and had won league (not sure if was from championship or L1) but we beat them 2 - 0 with goals from Jamie Mitchell and Leigh Hinds.

Oh how times have changed !!!!!

Biggest result of the day was probably Cuddihy starting and getting through 90 mins, didn't see any of the game so can't really comment but that's ostensibly a reasonable result against a fairly strong Livi side. Hopefully gives them a lift before the real stuff starts next week, just need to hope we get a few back from injury for then.

Can't complain, worked hard and whilst I always felt Livi would score, I wasn't sure they were actually going to. We did well holding a shape throughout the game, didn't really threaten second half though.

Sula, Dunachie, Scullion, Cuddihy and Leighfield all very good. Hopefully the rest get a confidence boost.

Livi were absolutely massive from kickoff, then brought on more giants.

3 hours ago, David W said:

Can't complain, worked hard and whilst I always felt Livi would score, I wasn't sure they were actually going to. We did well holding a shape throughout the game, didn't really threaten second half though.

Sula, Dunachie, Scullion, Cuddihy and Leighfield all very good. Hopefully the rest get a confidence boost.

Looked like men v boys against us. Destroyed us at every set piece. What is Martindale feeding them. His recruitment policy is clearly 6ft 4+ and built like a brick shithouse!

Nouble is immense, not sure he played today? Can't believe Livi have managed to hold onto him to be fair.

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Looked like men v boys against us. Destroyed us at every set piece. What is Martindale feeding them. His recruitment policy is clearly 6ft 4+ and built like a brick shithouse!

Nouble is immense, not sure he played today? Can't believe Livi have managed to hold onto him to be fair.

Must be all that whey protein.

On 29/07/2023 at 17:19, David W said:

Let’s get a confidence boost when you get beat in every game. What are you smoking🤔

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Im expecting/hoping some experianced players will be brought in...

Lets try and keep the faith...

Season starts this Sat!!

Clearly you have not been paying attention to the dross Jim Duffy is bringing to the club from lower leagues. There isn’t any marquee signings coming to the club and we are going straight into a relegation dogfight because of this and all you happy clappers who are hoping for the best are deluded. What to do is insult me and let the board away with complete incompetence with the manner in which they are running the club and you my friend are as much to blame with your stupid post.

37 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Well it's that time of the season , when we all hope for something special, until that is................at 4.45 on Saturday then reality sinks in!!! :) :) :) 

From the league cup performances and a friendly v Falkirk....The Spartans look a very strong outfit. They also have a proven goal scorer in Blair Henderson.....a draw in  the season opener would be more than I expect.