Clyde Season 23/24

10 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I have to agree wholeheartedly with those who are calling for the head of the Chairman, his Board colleagues and the now invisible man who controls them.

Major changes required and I only hope the investor is aware of what he’s walking into and instigates changes amongst the decision makers very quickly.

Is it possible the "invisible man" as you coined him had strings attached to the investment - one of which was to retain/promote a certain Mr Duffy?

Jesus, could the invisible man be Duffy!? 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I will give it one more try then to your point above about who?

Who is waiting to run the club should all of them resign tomorrow on the back of the past couple of year's performances and decision-making?

Name names, otherwise it is just empty criticism. 

Also - let us, the rest of the fan base know what skills and experience these replacement Board members would have that would result in an improvement in fortunes.

You can't simply post three times a day repeating criticism without ever putting forward an alternative plan worth discussing. 

I can post as often as I wish thanks...and if your local boozer had a rubbish manager, would you not be permitted to say so unless you had the replacement lined up?

Thank god that was your "one last time".

22 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I can post as often as I wish thanks...and if your local boozer had a rubbish manager, would you not be permitted to say so unless you had the replacement lined up?

Thank god that was your "one last time".

So you want people to support your position regarding removing key people, but can't offer up any names, strategies, plans or detail behind what would be in place should that happen.

I'm in.....🤭

Spoiler

image.jpeg.9f02b48fa653cb12f6749b8e06386d69.jpeg

If folk want to remove the current board I would support that 100% but as iv said before alternatives need to be identified before this can be done. 

Any movement on removing the board needs to come from a united fan base that can get behind a couple of folk to lead it as one entity. Any bid to do so would need to see an actual plan laid out alongside proposed new chair etc. Removing them isn’t an end game it’s part 1 of a larger plan and folk don’t seem to see that. 

Duffy needs to be emptied, was willing to give this set up a fair chance but it’s evident now that it can’t work with him there.

Harry Hood Fan club seems to be pretty close to an apparent bid for the club and has voiced he knows there is one coming in. I’d imagine that’s why they are consistently posting about emptying the board, the new money person and making allegations about unofficial leaders etc. Either they are making it all up or there is something there and they are looking to spread some discontent or start a fan movement without having to lead it or get involved. 

If there is a takeover bid coming in hopefully it’s not the same old faces attached like Bobby Gracey etc 

Edited by Ocelot1877

Didn’t the chairman say in his podcast interview that the mystery money man was supportive of the board, he may even have gone as far as to suggest the money was only forth coming as a result of confidence in the board.

This is from memory having watched last Friday night so correct me if I’m wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

If folk want to remove the current board I would support that 100% but as iv said before alternatives need to be identified before this can be done. 

Any movement on removing the board needs to come from a united fan base that can get behind a couple of folk to lead it as one entity. Any bid to do so would need to see an actual plan laid out alongside proposed new chair etc. Removing them isn’t an end game it’s part 1 of a larger plan and folk don’t seem to see that. 

Duffy needs to be emptied, was willing to give this set up a fair chance but it’s evident now that it can’t work with him there.

Harry Hood Fan club seems to be pretty close to an apparent bid for the club and has voiced he knows there is one coming in. I’d imagine that’s why they are consistently posting about emptying the board, the new money person and making allegations about unofficial leaders etc. Either they are making it all up or there is something there and they are looking to spread some discontent or start a fan movement without having to lead it or get involved. 

If there is a takeover bid coming in hopefully it’s not the same old faces attached like Bobby Gracey etc 

Soccer Ball Hits Bar Bounces Back Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  1008222823 | Shutterstock

42 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

So you want people to support your position regarding removing key people, but can't offer up any names, strategies, plans or detail behind what would be in place should that happen.

I'm in.....🤭

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.9f02b48fa653cb12f6749b8e06386d69.jpeg

You make it sound like I'm all alone in wanting change Mr M

25 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Didn’t the chairman say in his podcast interview that the mystery money man was supportive of the board, he may even have gone as far as to suggest the money was only forth coming as a result of confidence in the board.

This is from memory having watched last Friday night so correct me if I’m wrong. 

Judging by the tone I would say that you'd be correct in assuming this.

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You are advocating for the immediate removal of Duffy (quite rightly - anyone doing otherwise is blind, in denial and/or has an agenda at this stage) but you're ignoring the fact that he is only still involved with our club in any capacity due to the initial crazy decisions and now ridiculous stubbornness of our chairman/board.

I'm not necessarily for getting rid of and replacing the chairman/board at this stage either (particularly without a clear plan of action and suitable alternatives proposed) but at the same time, if the only way to get rid of Duffy is to remove the chairman/board then what choice do we have? 

Are you honestly suggesting the unknown quantity of a new chairman/board without Duffy involved would be worse than the current chairman/board with Duffy pulling all the squad related strings. 

Edited by RutherGlen

17 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

You are advocating for the immediate removal of Duffy (quite rightly - anyone doing otherwise is blind, in denial and/or has an agenda at this stage) but you're ignoring the fact that he is only still involved with our club in any capacity due to the initial crazy decisions and now ridiculous stubbornness of our chairman/board.

I'm not necessarily for getting rid of and replacing the chairman/board at this stage either (particularly without a clear plan of action and suitable alternatives proposed) but at the same time, if the only way to get rid of Duffy is to remove the chairman/board then what choice do we have? 

Are you honestly suggesting the unknown quantity of a new chairman/board without Duffy involved would be worse than the current chairman/board with Duffy pulling all the squad related strings. 

Who is going to remove them?

What is the Governance route for doing so?

Is there 6/7/8 people with the right experience and skill-set looking for the opportunity to step up?

Can they all commit 20-30 hours a week to run the club effectively for no pay or expenses?

When these can be answered , along with the other questions above, then you have the start of a meaningful conversation...

12 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Who is going to remove them?

What is the Governance route for doing so?

Is there 6/7/8 people with the right experience and skill-set looking for the opportunity to step up?

Can they all commit 20-30 hours a week to run the club effectively for no pay or expenses?

When these can be answered , along with the other questions above, then you have the start of a meaningful conversation...

I don't have any of the answers save for the first one but then that really would put the CIC model to the test. 

If the poll on the official website is anything to go by, only around half the current board are still backing Duffy as DoF so that alone suggests we're not necessarily looking at replacing the entire board or even the chairman. 

This doesn't need to be an all or nothing scenario. If we could just convince the board to get rid of Duffy and, if McLean isn't willing or able to step up, appoint a manager who is. We could then well be on to a winner. Let them use these supposed new funds to build a team capable of challenging for the title. 

The current chairman/board have made a huge error with Duffy (and possibly McLean) but that doesn't mean they should all be replaced. I'd only call for that should they continue to ignore this mistake and do nothing to rectify it. 

Continually churning out the "put up or shut up" line because it appears there isn't a plethora of talented/experienced individuals banging on the door to replace the current board isn't helpful and seems to me to be an avoidant strategy. Even if true, we should still question the current board/chairman and call them to account whenever they royally f*** things up. 

Edited by RutherGlen

I don't get this.

Irrespective of my opinion on the decline of the club, and my absence from games would reflect that position, I cannot understand how asking for some information on what/who you want to replace the current set up with is an avoidance strategy?

Surely complaining a lot, demanding change,  but not providing an alternative is an avoidance strategy?

If the answer to that is no, and change with no firm plan is OK, then I truly give up.

43 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I’m suggesting that if people want to get serious about removing the current board they may need to present alternatives as some folk will want to know what the day after they are gone looks like. Whats the point in getting rid if you bring equally inept people or a like for like change? 

As I said I’d be 100% for removing the board if a viable plan comes through. I just don’t think jumping in  2 footed and removing folk and worrying about the consequences later is a good idea either. If folk want to admit it or not there are obviously worse options than our current board out there as much as there are obviously better ones. 

13 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I don't get this.

Irrespective of my opinion on the decline of the club, and my absence from games would reflect that position, I cannot understand how asking for some information on what/who you want to replace the current set up with is an avoidance strategy?

Surely complaining a lot, demanding change,  but not providing an alternative is an avoidance strategy?

If the answer to that is no, and change with no firm plan is OK, then I truly give up.

You are making far too much sense mate, unfortunately it just doesn't work with certain individuals. 

The club has had opportunists and time wasters (one being a regular poster in here under many usernames on P&B and also twitter), the one time the club look like they've done their due diligence, they still get shot down. 

I do agree with the majority that a change in the chairman position is required, but not right now when the successful Crownpoint bid is almost due to be announced. Infighting, coups and talks of take overs will not do us any favours!! Yes it is the Clyde CF, but Clyde FC are very much apart of this bid as it is the club brand carrying it. It would be mental to try and push boardroom change right now, and as Mr M put it above, who is there and waiting? And please don't say any failed ex directors, opportunists like the one who went on camera as an "ex Clyde player" to slate the board for signing Goodie, or they mystery consortiums that are asking ordinary fans to spearhead. The CIC may have it's faults, but it keeps opportunists and time wasters away. 

As for the playing squad, or the management rather. Duffy has to be relieved of his duties. I don't disagree with a DoF role, but Duffy is not the man for that. McLean does need time, but he needs to accept that he needs an experienced number 2. Absolutely crazy he feels he does not need this, whether that is him talking or Duffy, no one knows. 

The absolute minimum that should happen is Gordon Thomson stepping back from Chairman to just a standard director role. It's fair to assume he must do some good (though I couldn't personally tell you how) and has been involved in different positions at the club for a long time so has experience at least, but the clubs direction, communication and major decision-making has been utterly dreadful under his leadership. 

A new but strong-minded Chairman coming in with fresh ideas but still with the experience of Thomson and the current board around him is the least that should happen.

Whilst I understand the line of "don't kick out the board unless you can suggest replacements" the issue is that most people don't actually know what skills are required to be Chairman of a football club. I've been a member of the club for years but, partly due to the poor communication, I couldn't actually tell you all the difficulties the board face or the shortcomings in their skillsets. Occasionally, you'll get a generic comment that if you feel you have skills that could benefit the club you should get in touch. But they never give any hint as to what kind of skills these are. 

And, of course, just because I couldn't tell you exactly what a attributes a replacement Chairperson should have, doesn't mean I cant clearly see the current set up is not working in many ways so the status quo cannot simply be allowed to remain.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

You are making far too much sense mate, unfortunately it just doesn't work with certain individuals. 

The club has had opportunists and time wasters (one being a regular poster in here under many usernames on P&B and also twitter), the one time the club look like they've done their due diligence, they still get shot down. 

I do agree with the majority that a change in the chairman position is required, but not right now when the successful Crownpoint bid is almost due to be announced. Infighting, coups and talks of take overs will not do us any favours!! Yes it is the Clyde CF, but Clyde FC are very much apart of this bid as it is the club brand carrying it. It would be mental to try and push boardroom change right now, and as Mr M put it above, who is there and waiting? And please don't say any failed ex directors, opportunists like the one who went on camera as an "ex Clyde player" to slate the board for signing Goodie, or they mystery consortiums that are asking ordinary fans to spearhead. The CIC may have it's faults, but it keeps opportunists and time wasters away. 

As for the playing squad, or the management rather. Duffy has to be relieved of his duties. I don't disagree with a DoF role, but Duffy is not the man for that. McLean does need time, but he needs to accept that he needs an experienced number 2. Absolutely crazy he feels he does not need this, whether that is him talking or Duffy, no one knows. 

I don't want to sack the board, nor do I particularly want to see Thomson stand down at this point as I agree the timing would be awful for all the infighting that would create.

My question is, if the board are unwilling to listen to the huge majority of the fans and it seems pretty much everyone bar Thomson and the board is against Duffy as DoF, how do we get rid of Duffy? It's all well and good saying, 'Duffy should be sacked!' ad nauseam but, if the people in charge of that decision aren't prepared to listen, what options do we have?

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I don't get this.

I take your point but I cannot provide an alternative when I don't know what the alternative is. As I have said before, my main issue isn't so much with the board in general but just this one particular decision (appointing Duffy as DoF) as it not only seems he's pulling the strings in terms of managing the team but it looks like he's going to be largely responsible for deciding how the extra funding is spent. 

If the board don't do something about this (and quick!) we could well be looking at Lowland League football next season but thus far, I see no signs they're prepared to address the matter or concede they may have got this appointment wrong. 

8 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I take your point but I cannot provide an alternative when I don't know what the alternative is. As I have said before, my main issue isn't so much with the board in general but just this one particular decision (appointing Duffy as DoF) as it not only seems he's pulling the strings in terms of managing the team but it looks like he's going to be largely responsible for deciding how the extra funding is spent. 

If the board don't do something about this (and quick!) we could well be looking at Lowland League football next season but thus far, I see no signs they're prepared to address the matter or concede they may have got this appointment wrong. 

What about the non productive shambles of the Diamond era and the scouting network? The Goodwillie contract screw up, the points deduction due to a player registration admin cock up....I don't think it's just one poor decision we are judging them on.

14 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

The one thing that is sadly lacking in any of the stuff I’ve heard from Thomson or Maclean is a distinct lack of energy. That can spread through the place and only allows for decisions to be made when it’s too late. Examples being losing to Clydebank and Broomhill , yet making no managerial change.