Clyde Season 23/24

Unlike (apparently) several others on here I have no hidden agenda or axe to grind with the current board. I don’t know anyone of note on a personal level and have no ambition to be involved. Ultimately what I want is for Clyde to be successful, starting tomorrow night against Stirling Uni, I just can’t stomach hoping the team lose to further an agenda.

However, I think it is more than fair to discuss the shortcomings and numerous failures that have us where we are. We all have justified concerns about the current direction of travel, make up of the squad, management structure etc. Unless things change quickly these discussions will rightly continue.

Realistically, there won't be a changing of the board. There's literally no one on planet earth out of their mind enough to burden themselves with such a position. People on here and in the stands cry endlessly about the board stepping down but until someone with adequate and recognisable chops comes along to step in, what we have is not going to change.

I think personally what's needed is a little more realism from the current incumbent. If what Thomson allegedly said was true and he does not see his tenure as one of failure, despite the relegations and consistently being close to the bottom of the league and signing of a rapist and poor managerial appointments and dragging the clubs name through the mud and getting removed from our stadium, then he's just clearly lying.  Theres literally no way that could be seen as a positive tenure. It's almost Trump-esque bullshitting in the face of obvious truth. That's what really grates with me. 

We're in the shit and have been since the first whistle blew after we were promoted to League 1. We've had 1 (one) positive season in the past what, 20? It's so condescending to spin it any other way.

17 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Look forward a few weeks.

We have lost several more games.

The majority of the Board resigns under pressure.

One or two individuals (who post on here I assume) step up as replacements and ask for volunteers to take a role on the Board.

Anyone with  relevant experience & skills, or just someone who wants the club to prosper, looks on here at how your efforts & attempts to help will get ridiculed and torn apart at some point in the near future should all not go well and quickly think better of it.

You would need to be either mad or completely indifferent to public opinion....

yep and this is what the current board rely on and help foster

48 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Realistically, there won't be a changing of the board. There's literally no one on planet earth out of their mind enough to burden themselves with such a position. People on here and in the stands cry endlessly about the board stepping down but until someone with adequate and recognisable chops comes along to step in, what we have is not going to change.

I think personally what's needed is a little more realism from the current incumbent. If what Thomson allegedly said was true and he does not see his tenure as one of failure, despite the relegations and consistently being close to the bottom of the league and signing of a rapist and poor managerial appointments and dragging the clubs name through the mud and getting removed from our stadium, then he's just clearly lying.  Theres literally no way that could be seen as a positive tenure. It's almost Trump-esque bullshitting in the face of obvious truth. That's what really grates with me. 

We're in the shit and have been since the first whistle blew after we were promoted to League 1. We've had 1 (one) positive season in the past what, 20? It's so condescending to spin it any other way.

Saying "sack the board" is lazy. There has never been a popular director, especially when the team is losing.

A better chant would be "won't someone give the current board better leadership and direction". Not sure what the tune is.

For me, the people who are directors will have a range of skills and expertise. If they are not functioning properly, there is not a chance that they all need replaced; that is just silly. However, they may need utilised in a different manner, or be led in a better way.

41 minutes ago, David W said:

Saying "sack the board" is lazy. There has never been a popular director, especially when the team is losing.

A better chant would be "won't someone give the current board better leadership and direction". Not sure what the tune is.

For me, the people who are directors will have a range of skills and expertise. If they are not functioning properly, there is not a chance that they all need replaced; that is just silly. However, they may need utilised in a different manner, or be led in a better way.

Given that there is no-one ready, willing and able to stage a boardroom coup, would it not be good idea for the current board to seek some advice? I’m sure there must be someone like a Ronnie MacDonald mk 2 who could provide some advice and basic leadership tips to the current Chairman. Maybe the Chairman is too arrogant or deluded to go down that route but, irrespective of the outcome of the Crownpoint project bid, the club needs to start making good decisions soon or it will (totally) disappear from the football landscape.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Absolutely agree but they also need to recognise that Duffy is not the answer.

16 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

If you're so confident of this why not put a few grand on Stirling? If you have it put a few hundred grand on them. That way you could become the new, improved mystery benefactor - only this time gonnae stipulate the board only get the money if they give Duffy the boot!

Giro isn't due till Thursday.

5 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Absolutely agree but they also need to recognise that Duffy is not the answer.

Duffy is stealing a wage.Director of football.What did he do to deserve the promotion and why did Gordon Thomson think he would be the right person to build a team to get out league 2.The whole thing stinks and to compound it all he installs a rookie manager.I’m I the only one who thinks this is all ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Duffy is stealing a wage.Director of football.What did he do to deserve the promotion and why did Gordon Thomson think he would be the right person to build a team to get out league 2.The whole thing stinks and to compound it all he installs a rookie manager.I’m I the only one who thinks this is all ridiculous.

You know you are not