Clyde Season 23/24

Thats probably the worst Clyde team to ever take the field, outside of when BF picked the U19s against the PTFC colts. To be honest, after a harrowing first half, I thought we actually looked the more likely side to go on and win as we entered the last 15. No idea why he stuck Mulvanny up front when he was giving us good width on the right.

I thought Malcolm was a nuisance and showed enough to suggest he might be a passable L2 striker, coming off the bench. Nothing outstanding but we have had plenty of worse ringers. He'll have to be decent, given that Rennie was sporting a sling.

Dunachie and Sula aren't ever going to be a problem. Both looked far more comfortable when Grant went off (that is not a dig at him).

Scullion took his goal well but is Rob Jones-like in his fear of being touched by another player. Not what we need at all.

Forbes playing in central midfield is embarrassing. It just shouldn't be happening. Him stopping chasing back was beyond belief.

I genuinely feel sorry for Mulvanny, McCulloch, Craig, Duncan. They worked their socks off but need 9 or 10 proper players around them, or more time to develop elsewhere. We always sign guys like this then act surprised when we pick up injuries and they need to actually play. 

We were always going to be poor, but going into games without Lyon, Hynes, Leslie, Scullion, Cuddihy and Carswell is completely beyond us; and most of them aren't much good either. The drop off after our "best" eleven is absolutely horrendous. 

Saturday is going to be thoroughly unpleasant on the pitch and in the stands. And all because one person (a decent Clyde fan no less) still can't admit the stinking mistake he made back in November, instead doubling down on it..

3 minutes ago, David W said:

Thats probably the worst Clyde team to ever take the field, outside of when BF picked the U19s against the PTFC colts. To be honest, after a harrowing first half, I thought we actually looked the more likely side to go on and win as we entered the last 15. No idea why he stuck Mulvanny up front when he was giving us good width on the right.

I thought Malcolm was a nuisance and showed enough to suggest he might be a passable L2 striker, coming off the bench. Nothing outstanding but we have had plenty of worse ringers. He'll have to be decent, given that Rennie was sporting a sling.

Dunachie and Sula aren't ever going to be a problem. Both looked far more comfortable when Grant went off (that is not a dig at him).

Scullion took his goal well but is Rob Jones-like in his fear of being touched by another player. Not what we need at all.

Forbes playing in central midfield is embarrassing. It just shouldn't be happening. Him stopping chasing back was beyond belief.

I genuinely feel sorry for Mulvanny, McCulloch, Craig, Duncan. They worked their socks off but need 9 or 10 proper players around them, or more time to develop elsewhere. We always sign guys like this then act surprised when we pick up injuries and they need to actually play. 

We were always going to be poor, but going into games without Lyon, Hynes, Leslie, Scullion, Cuddihy and Carswell is completely beyond us; and most of them aren't much good either. The drop off after our "best" eleven is absolutely horrendous. 

Saturday is going to be thoroughly unpleasant on the pitch and in the stands. And all because one person (a decent Clyde fan no less) still can't admit the stinking mistake he made back in November, instead doubling down on it..

Does this mean you intend to go on Saturday? If so, do you not think it might be worth staying away to help send a message to the board and put more pressure on Gordon Thomson to rectify his mistake?

I know there aren't many still attending at this point but if enough of those still going stay away this Saturday it could be enough to tip the balance. I seriously doubt the rest of the board are entirely with Thomson on this as things stand. 

McLean spoke recently about not knowing our best system, he’s had players signed for him I accept but I don’t think he looks capable of working it out. 

He also looks to be very quiet on the sidelines during a game. He’s not been given a fair crack having Duffy above him and then bizarrely on the sidelines, but he needs to go. 

Duffy wasn’t a popular appointment last year, most didn’t want him kept on never mind moved upstairs. 

Since Lennon went the appointments seem a bit lazy and easy option to me, and this is the result. 

7 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

One of the most galling aspects of all of this is that our Director of Football is saying...NOTHING.

Has Duffy ever spoken directly to Clyde fans? Has he ever attended a fan meeting or an online Q&A?

A director of football at a fan owned club who never speaks to fans.

What I can't understand is Duffys change in type of signings. When he came last season almost all the players he brought in Salkeld, Doherty, Hynes had plenty of experience and the physical build to cope with league 1 or 2.

Fast forward to the summer and we've signed almost a full squad of young lads with barely any experience. We've been told the budget is there for a promotion push but it feels like we've been transported back to the early 2010s when Duffy was last in charge. At least back then most of the signings still had some experience and there was an understanding we were paying off debt and the budget would increase after that. 

Gordon Thompson might make a good director but is clearly ill suited to being chairman. I can't think of one positive decision he has made. The only glimmer of hope is CrownPoint and the potential investment but would have no confidence in either being a success under Thompson's leadership. 

We've been on the same path as East Stirlingshire for a number of years now and with each passing bad decision at board level or embrassing result on the field it becomes more difficult to see us changing course. 

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Maybe we have found our level? 

With the current structure at the Club, quality of management and standard of player.........the level has found us.

Contrary to some on here who think I and others like me who are critical of the Board are looking for defeats.....last night was a watershed in all the years I have been supporting Clyde....felt worse than Clydebank or Broomhill, felt like the very bottom of the barrel has been reached.

It wasn't a freak result, they out played us, out passed us, won most second ball and we only scored because their defender slipped at a critical moment. Forbes is horribly immobile and the wand of a left foot is not functioning too well. We have forgotten (if we ever knew) how to compete, how to fight and more importantly how to win matched. Analyse the stats since Jim Duffy took over from Danny Lennon and exclude the wins against the junior sides in this pre-season....it is absolutely woeful. It is dismissal material anywhere else and certainly a far worse record than got Danny the sack.

It does make you wonder if there is some kind of hold over the Club..........he must know like Danny there is nothing else for him after Clyde and so he will stay as long as they let him and pick up his salary. 

Anyone worth their salt and especially a self professed supporter as well as being Chairman....would have had an epiphany  last night before bed.

All the talk about who is there to take over........I think the Chairman should be looking in the mirror and first and foremost be conceding that he has failed. That his policies have failed  and that his visions for the future will almost certainly fail also.

It is absolutely incumbent on him as current Chair to firstly admit he is unfortunately out of his depth in this position and secondly to begin looking for his own replacement. It is morally the correct thing to do.......if we wait for an aggressive takeover, by the time all the mud slinging and in fighting is over....we will be playing our opponents of last night twice a year in league fixtures.

Edited by Harry Hood Fan Club
spell

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

What I can't understand is Duffys change in type of signings. When he came last season almost all the players he brought in Salkeld, Doherty, Hynes had plenty of experience and the physical build to cope with league 1 or 2.

Fast forward to the summer and we've signed almost a full squad of young lads with barely any experience. We've been told the budget is there for a promotion push but it feels like we've been transported back to the early 2010s when Duffy was last in charge. At least back then most of the signings still had some experience and there was an understanding we were paying off debt and the budget would increase after that. 

Gordon Thompson might make a good director but is clearly ill suited to being chairman. I can't think of one positive decision he has made. The only glimmer of hope is CrownPoint and the potential investment but would have no confidence in either being a success under Thompson's leadership. 

We've been on the same path as East Stirlingshire for a number of years now and with each passing bad decision at board level or embrassing result on the field it becomes more difficult to see us changing course. 

Well said Sir

11 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Clyde’s nightmare start to the season continued as they were dumped out the SPFL Trust Trophy by the University of Stirling this evening.

At least it is a step up in awareness from 'Clyde suffered a disappointing home defeat to.......'

11 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Clyde’s nightmare start to the season continued as they were dumped out the SPFL Trust Trophy by the University of Stirling this evening.

At least it is a step up in awareness from 'Clyde suffered a disappointing home defeat to.......'

Penny dropping with someone at least

6 minutes ago, Walk Glasgow said:

If Mr Chairman does not accept he has failed totally I invite him to itemise and quantify his "achievements".

As far as I can see,  only a claim that he has "stabilised" the club is valid and that is only because being rock bottom is as stable as you can get!!!!

I think the club was stabilised in the 5 years after Mr Carmichael left us with a huge debt.

Everything after that has been a result of our own decision -making and relationship management.

Time is now guys,   this has to a line in the sand moment,   We had the same problem a number of years ago when Ballantynes managed decline remit came to a head...  it wasn't pleasant but needed to be done to survive and eventually prosper..

All this talk of boycotts is no use, alright for  your vigilante mob, that will do nothing long term...

It needs calm heads and a plan , it is your club,  can you buy out the owners, not sure of clubs status,  these kind of things tend to have an over subscribed consortium attached short term, enough time to change the direction and vision of the club.. Time to be brave....

If you don't you are on a one way ticket to oblivion...

Oh and get Duffy tae f**k