Clyde Season 23/24

10 hours ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

I think he has a bright future, but he’s not came

back and started the season like he finished the last one. Young and potential, but his worst attribute as a left back is his defending 

Jon Craig is a lowland league level player at best  and part of the reason we are in such a mess and if anyone wants to question this just look at our league position and how easy we were to beat by a lowland league team last week. I  would question how many of they players are not only good enough for clyde but fit enough. In My opinion everything started to go south the minute Gordon Thomson took over as chairman and all we had after that day was bad decisions and one crisis after another and now a fans revolt. Mark my words Stranraer will beat us on Saturday and we will be bottom of league 2 the same league the chairman said we would be challenging for. I'm not making any of this up its just what I'm seeing and if you are honest what you are seeing also.

9 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

100% correct, I really hope this is not the actual nail in our coffin.

I repeat could they not have held fire for a little longer especially since Duffy was booted?

These guys have had enough and no wonder as its a complete shambles and i think you still need the stability of the board but a more experienced chairman. If its a shambles at the top that will filter down to the playing side and that is exactly what we are seeing.

12 hours ago, Captain Sham said:

I have purposely not commented on the EGM issue for a few days to reflect on the main issues.

Although I do accept that the current board have made errors in particular relating to the appointment of Jim Duffy, I fail to see what a change in board would achieve at this stage. 

The board have acted and removed Duffy just as the majority of fans wanted.  It should also be pointed out that the current board have attracted substantial investment into the club for the first time in years.  The fact that this was secured slightly too late to impact signings in this window is undoubtedly a blow, but the fault cannot be laid at the door of the board.  

The other major issue is the timing surrounding the decision to call an EGM especially this close to the Crownpoint decision.  To potentially waste two years of work for the sake of an EGM at this time is myopic to put it mildly.  What would the point in changing board but losing Crownpoint/relocation and being back to square one.  It’s been clear for years that not having our own home is killing us and for the EGM group to jeopardise that is, in my opinion, ludicrous. 

Yes Duffy was a shocking decision but bad appointments are made in football all the time.  It’s not worth risking the future of the club for some unknown venture at this late stage of relocation.  

I’m not against any proposal acting in the best interests of the club as ultimately we all want a successful team on a Saturday.  Unfortunately I view this move as nothing more than a vanity project as demonstrated by the mass march on the directors box on Saturday.

Those calling for an EGM better have a watertight proposal with guaranteed investment and future home included.  If you do not, you may well have killed the club by your actions.  

Mass march on the Director's box - can anyone add a little bit more detail to that please?  

12 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Mass march on the Director's box - can anyone add a little bit more detail to that please?  

Mass march is an overstatement, it was around 20-30 roughly. 

On Jimmy Choo's point of them having enough, 100% get that but to replace one failing chairman with another ex-chairman that himself failed and is now pulling the strings here would be madness.    

Edited to add : Doing it now thinking you are saving the club when reality is it could cripple us at best for a long time time to come is a further madness.  By all means push for change, but timing is key and should not be driven by one or two people's agendas.

Edited by Glorious Purpose

4 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

On Jimmy Choo's point of them having enough, 100% get that but to replace one failing chairman with another ex-chairman that himself failed and is now pulling the strings here would be madness.    

Cheers

Not sure this is the time for this, and 'mass' marches to the Director's Box is most certainly not the way if you want to be taken seriously.

I genuinely hope that the benefactor & Crownpoint offer us a way out of this malaise.

Taking action like this on the eve of any confirmation of the above really needs to have been well thought through by those who understand the implications of those actions.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I genuinely hope that the benefactor & Crownpoint offer us a way out of this malaise.

Same - I wonder how far along the benefactor is with his donation, and if the board have secured it and are being forced out, will that affect it? Also, is the board 'securing' it the right term? What work did they have to do to secure it? It strikes me as odd that the benefactor would trust the board to do the right thing with their money considering they've handled almost every aspect of the club incorrectly for a long time now. That's actually not meant as a slight on the board either, I understand they're people who likely don't know how to do the job properly and have made mistakes. 

I'll be completely honest and say right now that I don't have a clue how the upper echelons of a football club like Clyde works in terms of an EGM, despite me having been an 'owner' until fairly recently. If one has been triggered, is there a ready-made replacement for each role? Who will be chairman? What happens if the EGM is triggered, Thompson is out and no one even remotely qualified fancies the job?

Edited by Brian Carrigan

1 hour ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Edited to add : Doing it now thinking you are saving the club when reality is it could cripple us at best for a long time time to come is a further madness.  By all means push for change, but timing is key and should not be driven by one or two people's agendas.

Who is the ex chairman you are saying is being suggested to replace GT?

50 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Same - I wonder how far along the benefactor is with his donation, and if the board have secured it and are being forced out, will that affect it? Also, is the board 'securing' it the right term? What work did they have to do to secure it? It strikes me as odd that the benefactor would trust the board to do the right thing with their money considering they've handled almost every aspect of the club incorrectly for a long time now. That's actually not meant as a slight on the board either, I understand they're people who likely don't know how to do the job properly and have made mistakes. 

I'll be completely honest and say right now that I don't have a clue how the upper echelons of a football club like Clyde works in terms of an EGM. If one has been triggered, is there a ready-made replacement for each role? Who will be chairman? What happens if the EGM is triggered, Thompson is out and no one even remotely qualified fancies the job?

Was the sin bin comfy?

17 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Who is the ex chairman you are saying is being suggested to replace GT?

Who is the person you are getting the list of names from of those forcing an EGM when no owners have even seen it?  I would suggest you're well in the know already as to who is orchestrating/engaged in this based on having that information.  

20 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Who is the person you are getting the list of names from of those forcing an EGM when no owners have even seen it?  I would suggest you're well in the know already as to who is orchestrating/engaged in this based on having that information.  

I'd wager that HHFC is talking keich. It's the classic 'I'm important and in the know, but I can't tell you anything because reasons' business isn't it. If he *actually* knows details, he would share them. There's no need to withhold.

Literally just say the names of who's involved or stop talking. This whole dance isn't doing anyone any favours.

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

I think they are trying to split hairs/be facetious because the person rumoured to be behind it is a former Director and not a former Chairman. 

Give us more of a hint. 

I have my suspicions who your talking about but I may be wrong

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'd wager that HHFC is talking keich. It's the classic 'I'm important and in the know, but I can't tell you anything because reasons' business isn't it. If he *actually* knows details, he would share them. There's no need to withhold.

Literally just say the names of who's involved or stop talking. This whole dance isn't doing anyone any favours.

Thanks, I've always wanted to know how to spell "kiech".

Good crack at reverse psychology to be fair.

3 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

Never reveal a source...so I'll wait patiently to see who your suggestion of a replacement chair is.

8 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Thanks, I've always wanted to know how to spell "kiech".

Good crack at reverse psychology to be fair.

It's not reverse psychology. I'm not trying to get information out of you. I don't think you actually have any information to share. If you have, lay it out. If you've not, this is pointless as I've already said.

1 minute ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Never reveal a source...so I'll wait patiently to see who your suggestion of a replacement chair is.

You can keep waiting.  You have all but admitted to knowing so why waste my time on someone intent on being obtuse?  Unless you wish to actually put something behind the words you say or type for once.