Clyde Season 23/24

Sensible signing if we are looking to play through a free roming midfielder (Kian Leslie). Look forward to seeing what he can give to the team, apparently he's rapid!

We could sign Haaland and some Clyde fans would still moan!

Edited by Cutty Sark

18 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

We need some experienced football players (preferably ones that can still run about). We’ve already a team full of powderpuff wee boys.

Think there's a difference between picking youngsters from Caledonian Locos and Glasgow Uni compared to a player who has trained full time with a top end championship team for over a year.

I notice he was on the bench for the majority of their run in last season. Must have something about him.

I would hope we wouldn't be daft to use a remaining loan slot on someone who isn't going to make a difference. Leslie looked to have something about him before the injury so fingers crossed.

37 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

Think there's a difference between picking youngsters from Caledonian Locos and Glasgow Uni compared to a player who has trained full time with a top end championship team for over a year.

I notice he was on the bench for the majority of their run in last season. Must have something about him.

Picking up youngsters would work far better if we had an established or experienced team around them. At us he is likely to drown in the shite he is surrounded by.

At this stage we need some guys who know the league and know the game IMO.

11 hours ago, Bob731 said:

A week to go for transfers and the squad looks more Lowland League than ever…

THE DECISION MAKING IS SHOCKING. WHAT WE NEED IS SIGNINGS TO STEADY THE SHIP. THE YOUNG LAD MIGHT BE DECENT BUT IT WILL TAKE TIME TO SETTLE AND TIME TO ADJUST TO MENS PROFFESSIONAL FOOTBALL AND THE ONE THING WE DONT HAVE IS TIME. THIS IS YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE CHAIRMAN ALLOWING THE FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT TO MAKE WRONG DECISIONS. IT ISNT ANY ONE DECISION THAT TAKES YOU FROM LEAGUE 1 TO THE LOWLAND LEAGUE IT IS LOTS OF BAD DECISIONS AND A WEAK CHAIRMAN. THERE IS NO DOUBT FAITH WAS PUT IN JIM DUFFY WHEN HISTORY TELLS YOU HE IS A SERIAL FAILURE WITH VARIOUS CLUBS OVER MANY YEARS AND HE SIGNED A LOAD OF DUDS AND PLAYERS PAST THEIR SELL BY DATE AND PLAYERS DEEMED NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE NEED TO INVEST IN A MANAGER WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND I THINK THATS PRIORITY NUMBER 1 BUT I DONT KNOW WHO THAT IS BUT BRIAN MCLEAN IS NOT THE ANSWER.

2 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

THE DECISION MAKING IS SHOCKING. WHAT WE NEED IS SIGNINGS TO STEADY THE SHIP. THE YOUNG LAD MIGHT BE DECENT BUT IT WILL TAKE TIME TO SETTLE AND TIME TO ADJUST TO MENS PROFFESSIONAL FOOTBALL AND THE ONE THING WE DONT HAVE IS TIME. THIS IS YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE CHAIRMAN ALLOWING THE FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT TO MAKE WRONG DECISIONS. IT ISNT ANY ONE DECISION THAT TAKES YOU FROM LEAGUE 1 TO THE LOWLAND LEAGUE IT IS LOTS OF BAD DECISIONS AND A WEAK CHAIRMAN. THERE IS NO DOUBT FAITH WAS PUT IN JIM DUFFY WHEN HISTORY TELLS YOU HE IS A SERIAL FAILURE WITH VARIOUS CLUBS OVER MANY YEARS AND HE SIGNED A LOAD OF DUDS AND PLAYERS PAST THEIR SELL BY DATE AND PLAYERS DEEMED NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WE NEED TO INVEST IN A MANAGER WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND I THINK THATS PRIORITY NUMBER 1 BUT I DONT KNOW WHO THAT IS BUT BRIAN MCLEAN IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Ian McCall

2 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

We didn't start the fire .........

3 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

So desperate to get noticed you're shouting now 😴

1 hour ago, macclyde+ said:

So desperate to get noticed you're shouting now 😴

But he is correct in a lot of what he says. Stop sniping and start thinking.

maybe the takeover was poorly handled, maybe they were the wrong people, maybe the timing was appalling- but it doesn’t change the desperate position we are in and it doesn’t change who has put us here.

As an aside and talking of old games, my missus is insisting on a clearout so I have a virtually complete set of home programmes for the entire Broadwood period, their might be only a couple missing out of the lot. Anyone interested, free to a good Clyde supporting home. Send me a message if interested and I will discuss.

4 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Not sure how you can say with any authority that McLean is not the answer given we now know for a fact he has had his hands tied behind his back the entire time Duffy was involved. 

You may well be right but I think the guy definitely deserves a chance to prove he can turn things around given a bit of time. Of course were we to lose the next 3 or 4 games in a row I would agree that he probably isn't the man for the job. Terrible squad I know but I think we need to remember this is League 2 so even a hard working and well organised team of poor players can still get the odd draw/win if properly motivated and managed. I'm going down to Stranraer today to see if we're at least competing and a bit better organised than when Duffy was pulling the strings.