Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Davy the Dug said:

Going to need to rely heavily on the loan market.  Either that or resign ourselves to being bottom until Christmas.  How has it come to this?

No need to look any further than the board room after years of not having a fcuking clue what they are doing.

Brief summary sent out to owners this morning:

Nobody contracted to another club is coming in on a permanent transfer. We made five-figure bids to at least 3 targets. In two instances, the bids were rejected by the clubs and in another, the player opted not to join as he didn’t want his wages taxed.

Injuries at the parent club have prevented an attacking midfielder from joining on loan ahead of today’s game, but he is expected to be in the squad for the next game.

Attention turns to loans and free agents, including players based in England. We’re also looking to identify players for the January window and pre-contracts. We’re being assisted in our recruitment by ‘a friend of the club’ and former manager (sounds like Maitland to me) and this individual will continue to assist. 

We’ve appointed John Chisholm as Sports Scientist and we’re expecting to appoint an Assistant Coach soon.

Rennie and Scullion are possibly still 2-3 weeks away, Leslie hasn’t fractured anything but is possibly still 4 weeks away and Ray Grant is targeting a November return.

Whilst I do genuinely appreciate these updates, the BoD would have saved themselves a lot of work and grovelling if we had been able to operate even semi-effectively as a Football Club this Summer.

19 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Attention turns to loans and free agents, including players based in England.

Perhaps if we hadn’t left things as last minute as possible, we wouldn’t have to be feeding from the bottom of the barrel.

”We bid for three players, none worked out” is very annoying too. We surely had other, more achievable targets? Once the three in question didn’t happen, we just gave up?

33 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Brief summary sent out to owners this morning:

Nobody contracted to another club is coming in on a permanent transfer. We made five-figure bids to at least 3 targets. In two instances, the bids were rejected by the clubs and in another, the player opted not to join as he didn’t want his wages taxed.

Injuries at the parent club have prevented an attacking midfielder from joining on loan ahead of today’s game, but he is expected to be in the squad for the next game.

Attention turns to loans and free agents, including players based in England. We’re also looking to identify players for the January window and pre-contracts. We’re being assisted in our recruitment by ‘a friend of the club’ and former manager (sounds like Maitland to me) and this individual will continue to assist. 

We’ve appointed John Chisholm as Sports Scientist and we’re expecting to appoint an Assistant Coach soon.

Rennie and Scullion are possibly still 2-3 weeks away, Leslie hasn’t fractured anything but is possibly still 4 weeks away and Ray Grant is targeting a November return.

Whilst I do genuinely appreciate these updates, the BoD would have saved themselves a lot of work and grovelling if we had been able to operate even semi-effectively as a Football Club this Summer.

Well done on sticking that on here. Why is that sort of update only being sent to members?

11 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I realise shit like that and worse probably happens all the time, but missing out on a signing target because he didn’t want to pay tax on his wages really reinforces how tinpot the level we’re operating at is. 

Had a laugh at that myself.