Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

100%. To me if Stowe comes to L2, he’s instantly one of the better players in the league. We should be going absolutely and aggressively all out to try and get him, or someone like him in. However, our recruitment is lax at best, but utterly incompetent most of the time, and I don’t trust anyone at the club to be able to identify and chase such targets.

There are even players currently without a club that would improve our squad. Someone like Mikey Doyle for instance. Apparently we still have a lot of budget left. I don’t really understand the logic behind any of the recruitment. 

He dislocated his knee in the summer didn't he? Surely he isn't fit yet?

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

😂😂😂 is that right?! Was he on trial at Stirling at the time?

He was indeed. He was a couple of years below me at school and believe it or not, he’s old pals with my mate who I attend Clyde games with. He was in for a bit of stick over that particular incident!

I’d always hoped Blair Malcolm, now at Dumbarton, would sign for us seeing as he’s from Cumbernauld and grew up a Clyde fan too. Truthfully, I was a bit gutted when he signed for Dumbarton this season but I’ve no doubt that, if we were in for him, oor Jim would have likely offered him peanuts.

51 minutes ago, SReplay said:

He was indeed. He was a couple of years below me at school and believe it or not, he’s old pals with my mate who I attend Clyde games with. He was in for a bit of stick over that particular incident!

I’d always hoped Blair Malcolm, now at Dumbarton, would sign for us seeing as he’s from Cumbernauld and grew up a Clyde fan too. Truthfully, I was a bit gutted when he signed for Dumbarton this season but I’ve no doubt that, if we were in for him, oor Jim would have likely offered him peanuts.

Duffy's ban on man-buns turned out to be our good fortune.

On 03/09/2023 at 12:07, Mr November said:

Yeah, we had Frizzell, McCabe and Telfer out yesterday, plus McMaster got injured two minutes in. I’ve got no idea if he’s normally an attacking midfielder but I’d guess Gavin Gallagher would be the obvious shout, as the others are all contenders to start every week.

On 03/09/2023 at 14:40, Brian Carrigan said:

No offence to the laddie and I’m sure he’s a pler, but if this signing is a 19 year old Airdrie reserve then we must riot.

FWIW he played well on Saturday considering he was thrown on for his debut after 5 minutes, alongside another teenage debutant, at Tannadice. Not sure I’d say he’s an attacking midfielder based on that game though. I think Elliot Dunlop is a more attacking player so would possibly be him? Although he’s actually played less first team football than Gallagher and is younger which is probably not what you want to hear! 

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Although he’s actually played less first team football than Gallagher and is younger which is probably not what you want to hear! 

To be completely honest, this is the pool we’re fishing in. It’d be great if we could attract proven, game changing talent. The fact is however, Clyde have neither the profile or recruitment department capable of sourcing that type of player.

19 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

We should be looking to see if we can get Mark Stowe in on loan from Arbroath. He doesn’t seem to have really established himself there yet but he was an absolute goal machine at Linlithgow the previous couple of seasons. A loan at a higher level than where he played before would surely benefit Arbroath and it would definitely benefit us.

19 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

To me Stowe could be a game changer for us so we should be throwing everything we can at guys like that. 

18 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

100%. To me if Stowe comes to L2, he’s instantly one of the better players in the league.

I know you're talking hypothetically, and it's probably not my place to jump in, however when we played Arbroath in a pre-season friendly in the summer, he looked frighteningly good in a very very poor Arbroath side. I know you can't read too much into pre-season and all that but, whether it's at Championship level or not, I have no doubt he has what it takes to play in the senior leagues. 

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'm disappointed we still haven't signed anyone this week.

I'd have thought we'd want any loanees to maximise the number of training sessions under their wings before the next league match.

We quite often have them training before they sign so hopefully That’s happening. I don’t know but maybe waiting a week or so to save a few quid on wages. Considering we are apparently paying good money for them.

On 06/09/2023 at 12:04, Clyde01 said:

We should be looking to see if we can get Mark Stowe in on loan from Arbroath. He doesn’t seem to have really established himself there yet but he was an absolute goal machine at Linlithgow the previous couple of seasons. A loan at a higher level than where he played before would surely benefit Arbroath and it would definitely benefit us.

On 06/09/2023 at 12:08, Brian Carrigan said:

Agreed. He looked absolutely superb for Linlithgow. At some point he seemed to clock on to the fact that the goalies at that level tend to be positionally poor and began shooting from absolutely everywhere and catching them out. He must have scored about 80 goals across two seasons including some genuinely outrageous strikes. I did think the jump to the Championship would be too great, but also by the same token he’ll have some much more attractive suitors than us if he’s available for loan.

On 06/09/2023 at 12:42, Brian Carrigan said:

100%. To me if Stowe comes to L2, he’s instantly one of the better players in the league. We should be going absolutely and aggressively all out to try and get him, or someone like him in. However, our recruitment is lax at best, but utterly incompetent most of the time, and I don’t trust anyone at the club to be able to identify and chase such targets.

There are even players currently without a club that would improve our squad. Someone like Mikey Doyle for instance. Apparently we still have a lot of budget left. I don’t really understand the logic behind any of the recruitment. 

Sorry to burst your bubbles but Stowe has had a wee muscle injury that he picked up in training and I would be absolutely amazed if we sent the guy out on loan he’s looked very promising every minute he’s played and him on one side and Jermaine Hylton on the other is a very exciting prospect and something I would like to see more of

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I know you're talking hypothetically, and it's probably not my place to jump in, however when we played Arbroath in a pre-season friendly in the summer, he looked frighteningly good in a very very poor Arbroath side. I know you can't read too much into pre-season and all that but, whether it's at Championship level or not, I have no doubt he has what it takes to play in the senior leagues. 

And yeah you absolutely can’t, we look like a pretty solid Championship side again now everyone is up to speed and we’ve made signings, really should’ve won our last 3 games in my opinion and Stowe looks very much up to the part of playing an important role over the course of the season. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sorry to burst your bubbles but Stowe has had a wee muscle injury that he picked up in training and I would be absolutely amazed if we sent the guy out on loan he’s looked very promising every minute he’s played and him on one side and Jermaine Hylton on the other is a very exciting prospect and something I would like to see more of

And yeah you absolutely can’t, we look like a pretty solid Championship side again now everyone is up to speed and we’ve made signings, really should’ve won our last 3 games in my opinion and Stowe looks very much up to the part of playing an important role over the course of the season. 

Ah well, it’s not like we would be asking the question anyway, hope he has a good season with you. 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Ah well, it’s not like we would be asking the question anyway, hope he has a good season with you. 

Aye. If Mark Stowe stood outside the FOYS with a big f**k off sign above his head that said “AVAILABLE ON LOAN BUT TO CLYDE AND ONLY CLYDE”, we still wouldn’t make a move to sign him.

10 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm disappointed we still haven't signed anyone this week.

I'd have thought we'd want any loanees to maximise the number of training sessions under their wings before the next league match.

This is the quote from the email sent to owners’:

“In one example, due to injuries at the parent club in the Championship, the player, an attacking midfielder, was not released in time for today’s match but is expected to join the squad next week ahead of a formal deal being finalised after the blank weekend.”

Every chance the player has trained with the squad this week but I don’t think we should expect anything official until into next week.

19 minutes ago, SReplay said:

This is the quote from the email sent to owners’:

“In one example, due to injuries at the parent club in the Championship, the player, an attacking midfielder, was not released in time for today’s match but is expected to join the squad next week ahead of a formal deal being finalised after the blank weekend.”

Every chance the player has trained with the squad this week but I don’t think we should expect anything official until into next week.

Thanks for your reply. Although, I am hoping there's more than just one incoming player.