Clyde Season 23/24

Not a shock about Shawfield. I said on here a year or so ago it was destined to be housing and was shouted down as it was "green belt land". They literally tore down most of a park across the road from the stadium to make houses. Us moving back is a non starter as the ground sadly is wreck now. Even if we could somehow get control the funds needed to get the place back into any fit shape would be astronomical. 

10 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Not a shock about Shawfield. I said on here a year or so ago it was destined to be housing and was shouted down as it was "green belt land". They literally tore down most of a park across the road from the stadium to make houses. Us moving back is a non starter as the ground sadly is wreck now. Even if we could somehow get control the funds needed to get the place back into any fit shape would be astronomical. 

Absolutely, a long time coming really.

In manager news, I heard a rumour Simon Ferry was sniffing about it. I should hope our board are more intelligent than to pay any attention to that little roaster.

30 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Absolutely, a long time coming really.

In manager news, I heard a rumour Simon Ferry was sniffing about it. I should hope our board are more intelligent than to pay any attention to that little roaster.

Would be suprised if he was interested, currently the assistant to Mick Kennedy at EK where they are odds on to be in league 2 next year. Also given his comments after chucking Broomhill I’d be surprised if he fancies being a manager again so shortly after

I remember at the fans meeting just after we appointed Duffy last season, GT mentioned they’d interviewed a “young and upcoming manager”, and my first thought at the time was Ferry. He may well be interested but he should be absolutely nowhere near consideration. 

Ferry has already said he doesn't want to go into management for the foreseeable.

He won't be leaving EK anytime soon and certainly not for such a difficult job like Clyde where the odds aren't stacked in his favour to succeed.

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Ferry said he didn’t enjoy management at Podcast FC, so would highly doubt it.

McIntyre is a done deal anyway, supposedly…

Exactly.

Talk of Ferry, Ross, Brown and other suggestions from the ill informed should cease at once.

On 24/10/2023 at 23:45, same_ol_g35 said:

Can always understand the sentiment regarding Shawfield, in reality it was a shithole with horrendous viewing angles when you were in the narrow terracing steps,  remember it once in the 80s,  and all stadia facilities were poor then...     But Shawfield took the biscuit....

49 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Can always understand the sentiment regarding Shawfield, in reality it was a shithole with horrendous viewing angles when you were in the narrow terracing steps,  remember it once in the 80s,  and all stadia facilities were poor then...     But Shawfield took the biscuit....

Correct, wasn't the greatest place to view a game.

Although it seemed at the time a very handy ground to get to by bus.

I thought Shawfield would carry on forever. Many a double visit there on a Saturday. Football in the afternoon and the Greyhound dugs at night. All gone now including the loved ones that took me to Shawfield.

I have never seen a photo of the terracing behind the goal at the Tote end, probably never will now.

Strangest memory of all regarding Shawfield was midweek highlights on TV of a Scottish Cup tie in the 1970s and trying to work out where the lights were in the distance. The TV camera being on a cherry picker above the stand.

20 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Correct, wasn't the greatest place to view a game.

Although it seemed at the time a very handy ground to get to by bus.

I thought Shawfield would carry on forever. Many a double visit there on a Saturday. Football in the afternoon and the Greyhound dugs at night. All gone now including the loved ones that took me to Shawfield.

I have never seen a photo of the terracing behind the goal at the Tote end, probably never will now.

Strangest memory of all regarding Shawfield was midweek highlights on TV of a Scottish Cup tie in the 1970s and trying to work out where the lights were in the distance. The TV camera being on a cherry picker above the stand.

The most vivid memory of men was a game against Patrick in the 8os when all the lights went out and we were left with the challenge of dropping our way out of the ground.  

6 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

The most vivid memory of men was a game against Patrick in the 8os when all the lights went out and we were left with the challenge of dropping our way out of the ground.  

And big McVeigh the same night chasing the wee ned up Main St Bridgeton to get back a corner flag.