Clyde Season 23/24

28 minutes ago, forehead7 said:

Slightly surprised they have sacked him just because I don't expect decisive action from our board and losing 3-2 away isn't the worst result. Other than the Dumbarton result, the run hasn't been bad. Maybe they have an idea of who they want in already and that's what has prompted it, but that's maybe giving the board too much credit.

Shame it didn't work out for him because he seems like a nice enough guy, even if he's incredibly dull but ultimately he's had enough games and he's just not tactically good enough.

On to the next victim.

The run hasn’t been bad? 1 win in FIFTEEN games and pumped in the cups by Brechin and Stirling Uni.

Have a word with yourself.

57 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

We’ve sacked 3 managers in a year(?) - so why would that be an attractive work environment for any prospective manager?

Suppose for once we have a significant budget for the first time in many years might help 

1 hour ago, Johnny Worm said:

We’ve sacked 3 managers in a year(?) - so why would that be an attractive work environment for any prospective manager?

All we had to do to prevent that was sack one chairman and he is still clinging on

4 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Suppose for once we have a significant budget for the first time in many years might help 

If we offer a decent wedge we will attract a good manager 

3 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

All we had to do to prevent that was sack one chairman and he is still clinging on

Surely his position becomes even more untenable now.  As David said previously, he cannot surely be allowed to be anywhere the latest recruitment process.

Tongue in cheek here, but amazed we didn't do a Duffy here and just move him to another, newly created, position.  Is it telling enough that the post of Director of Football has never been mentioned again since Duffy left the club, despite us all being told it was a vital role to get us into a position of professionalism to move us back up the leagues...!

I have my sympathies for Brian McLean as he was handed a real poisoned chalice in may ways, but it's 100 per cent the right move to dismiss him.  However, the higher ups at the club need to start looking at the part they've played in this shambolic season so far.  To be in a position where we have only so many points that you wouldn't even be banned from driving is horrific, and we are only being kept off rock bottom by the fact Elgin are an even more disaster zone than we are.

Seeing a lot of support for McLean on social media and he may well be ‘a lovely big guy’ but whilst he was undoubtedly stitched up by the board and by Duffys dreadful recruitment I have seen nothing to suggest he is or will be manager material.

His decision making during games and tactical nous are very questionable and given his media persona I struggle to see how he motivates his team. He would have been better served assisting an experienced manager but Duffy was NOT that man.

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Would be surprised if the management team if Ian McCall and Neil Scally isn't eventually on the shortlist.

Probably 15 years too late with McCall.  With our current shambolic state, I'm not sure we need a Scally, who, I don't think, has been a manager, in his own right.  

As others have said, it's just dissociative of GT, to still be in post.  We are a sick club who GT has mislead us with DGW, leaving Broadwood, extending DL's contract, appointing Duffy, relegation, ptotracted uncertainty with Crownpoint, assembly of a LL squad and allowing McLean to coast to the wrong end of the league.  A wee bit of responsibility would be good.

It all goes back to the tonedeaf decision to further alienate our support by retaining Duffy at a time when a break was naturally possible. 

Good luck to McLean, but it wasn't ever going to work out. Wanted us to be a fit team and was presented with Ross Forbes. Then there was that crazy situation with Duffy lurking in the dugout. 

Hopefully there's a realisation that any new appointment will have a limited impact until January, then possibly even until next summer. The current squad is maybe better than results, but also extremely limited in multiple positions.

Personally, I just want someone who has a way of playing and will stick with it and sign players to suit it. I think that plenty of managers will jump at the chance to have a budget and a target really to build for next season. It's an entirely different situation to when we binned Lennon.

Names; Alan Maybury spoke well, got Edinburgh promoted and kept them up before their money vanished this season. He's probably earned another job. Is this the level Jim McIntyre is destined for after a harsh sacking at Cove? Has Kevin Thomson realised he's not getting the full-time gig he thinks he's due?

How about the club taking their time, invite applications, in depth interview, full background checks of candidates and importantly listening to the advice of footballing experts.

That is, do things the right way.

*I fully expect Ross Forbes to be appointed Clyde manager this evening.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Probably 15 years too late with McCall.  With our current shambolic state, I'm not sure we need a Scally, who, I don't think, has been a manager, in his own right.  

As others have said, it's just dissociative of GT, to still be in post.  We are a sick club who GT has mislead us with DGW, leaving Broadwood, extending DL's contract, appointing Duffy, relegation, ptotracted uncertainty with Crownpoint, assembly of a LL squad and allowing McLean to coast to the wrong end of the league.  A wee bit of responsibility would be good.

Moving Duffy upstairs after failure when he should have been sacked, Letting go a volunteer because they put their name on the EGM list, getting rid of a vulrenable volunteer who now is in the hands of mental health services, strips, not being able to secure suitable training facilities meaning training on Mondays and Wednesdays, Not getting rid of the chuckle brothers in the recruitment team, being shady about Mr A Nonymous the money man, the utter nonesense statement about fans staying away because of offensive language.

The list goes on

Edited by Only one David Marsh

15 minutes ago, SReplay said:

I see the Official Website says we’re looking to appoint a new Manager as opposed to Head Coach. I take it the DoF debacle has been firmly binned then?

I actually think the DoF role had potential to work, it was a sound enough concept.  What ruined it and doomed it to failure was the farcical circumstances in which it came about - i.e. Jim Duffy, who I'm fairly certain about 99.99% recurring wanted out, was just moved into what folk thought was a role artificially created because the club didn't want to pay him off.  Another black mark against the hierarchy I'm afraid.

If it has been condemned to the history books, then I'm fine with that, but as haufdaft rightly said, the whole process around getting a manager in needs to be 100 per cent spot on, and needs the right time, care and attention given to it.  I personally don't think the chairman is the right person to lead that process, given the fact it is probably the biggest decision we as a club will have made of recent times, because let's be perfectly honest here, we get this wrong and even the anonymous backing will struggle to rescue us from the abyss.

19 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I actually think the DoF role had potential to work, it was a sound enough concept.  What ruined it and doomed it to failure was the farcical circumstances in which it came about - i.e. Jim Duffy, who I'm fairly certain about 99.99% recurring wanted out, was just moved into what folk thought was a role artificially created because the club didn't want to pay him off.  Another black mark against the hierarchy I'm afraid.

If it has been condemned to the history books, then I'm fine with that, but as haufdaft rightly said, the whole process around getting a manager in needs to be 100 per cent spot on, and needs the right time, care and attention given to it.  I personally don't think the chairman is the right person to lead that process, given the fact it is probably the biggest decision we as a club will have made of recent times, because let's be perfectly honest here, we get this wrong and even the anonymous backing will struggle to rescue us from the abyss.

If we have a competent manager with a reasonable assistant by his side, I see little/no need for a DoF. 

We may have a bit of extra cash right now but can we please refrain from throwing it at unnecessary roles primarily created because they sound good. Absolute embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

If we have a competent manager with a reasonable assistant by his side, I see little/no need for a DoF. 

We may have a bit of extra cash right now but can we please refrain from throwing it at unnecessary roles primarily created because they sound good. Absolute embarrassment.

I completely agree, and as I said above while it had potential as a concept the whole debacle around how it came about meant it was probably doomed to failure anyway, so I've no quibbles around no such post existing.  Again, though, the radio silence over it from the board is also a bit embarassing, obvious assumption was the post ceased to be as soon as Duffy left, but it was never made clear.  And that's why people get frustrated around the communication problems.

Surely McLean will be relieved that he’s no longer at the helm of this team? The prospect of the upcoming televised game must have been giving him nightmares. Not sure who the club will appoint now, but, as others have said, probably best if Gordon Thomson has zero input. At some point, he will have to accept responsibility for taking Clyde to the brink of extinction. Don’t hold your breath though. His cv seems to be a long list of dreadful decisions. Good luck in your search for a manager who will turn the club around before it is too late.