Clyde Season 23/24

If this result had been on the back of two losses against Stenny and Elgin then McLean would almost definitely be out the door. Unfortunately I think that’s bought him another few games with the board. 

I’m starting to get the fear this Musselburgh cup tie could turn into another Clydebank, or Brechin, or Stirling Uni type affair…

Also, if McLean is still here by that point and we do anything but win that game, he must go as soon as the ref blows the final whistle.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

McLean spoke at a forum after getting the job and I don’t think anything he said he wanted his team to be, they actually are. 

Blaming Duffy will be an easy out for him, and to an extent there will be truth in it.

However, he hasn’t shown anything to me that is convincing that he can change this. Continually changing shapes, players moving positions, sticking with under performing players(Sula and mcculloch particularly). 

The board are entirely culpable for the appointments of Duffy and McLean, one is gone and it’s the time other went and we used the free week to get someone else in. 

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

McLean spoke at a forum after getting the job and I don’t think anything he said he wanted his team to be, they actually are. 

Blaming Duffy will be an easy out for him, and to an extent there will be truth in it.

However, he hasn’t shown anything to me that is convincing that he can change this. Continually changing shapes, players moving positions, sticking with under performing players(Sula and mcculloch particularly). 

The board are entirely culpable for the appointments of Duffy and McLean, one is gone and it’s the time other went and we used the free week to get someone else in. 

To be fair to him, he doesn't have much choice in McCulloch with Craig injured for the left side so Lyons having to play there and Cuddihy and Hynes out who could maybe play RB. I would expect when fully fit, Craig and Lyons would be the starting full backs. For Sula, he could maybe drop and bring in Peter Grant but he's had his struggles too.

I do agree with the changing shapes issue though, that was pretty evident today. He changed numerous times and didn't really address how much space and freedom they had down the wings. Lyons didn't play well today, but he was constantly overloaded. McCulloch was slightly better but didn't get a lot of help either.

I fear for us if we keep McLean on and it doesn't turn around. International break is usually a decent time to get someone out and start looking for the replacement. After the break we have 2 league games and the cup game before we have another bank of 3 against Forfar, East Fife and Elgin. It could get pretty dicey if we leave it and go into those 3 games and lose ground to those teams just to ultimately sack him afterwards.

I think there's enough quality in our team that we can't keep going back to blame Duffy on the squad. If the team is good enough to fight back against Stenny and get a draw, we shouldn't accept a 4-0 home defeat to Dumbarton.

47 minutes ago, forehead7 said:

To be fair to him, he doesn't have much choice in McCulloch with Craig injured for the left side so Lyons having to play there and Cuddihy and Hynes out who could maybe play RB. I would expect when fully fit, Craig and Lyons would be the starting full backs. For Sula, he could maybe drop and bring in Peter Grant but he's had his struggles too.

I do agree with the changing shapes issue though, that was pretty evident today. He changed numerous times and didn't really address how much space and freedom they had down the wings. Lyons didn't play well today, but he was constantly overloaded. McCulloch was slightly better but didn't get a lot of help either.

I fear for us if we keep McLean on and it doesn't turn around. International break is usually a decent time to get someone out and start looking for the replacement. After the break we have 2 league games and the cup game before we have another bank of 3 against Forfar, East Fife and Elgin. It could get pretty dicey if we leave it and go into those 3 games and lose ground to those teams just to ultimately sack him afterwards.

I think there's enough quality in our team that we can't keep going back to blame Duffy on the squad. If the team is good enough to fight back against Stenny and get a draw, we shouldn't accept a 4-0 home defeat to Dumbarton.

Sadly, our timorous board will let this run on and before we know it, it will be Christmas, Crownpoint will be dead, and we'll be detached.

We are entrusting the navigation to a series of sightless captain.  

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Sadly, our timorous board will let this run on and before we know it, it will be Christmas, Crownpoint will be dead, and we'll be detached.

We are entrusting the navigation to a series of sightless captain.  

We have too many absent owners aswell it can change but it needs the owners to come together and hold this board accountable

35 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We have too many absent owners aswell it can change but it needs the owners to come together and hold this board accountable

If the owners are going to come together to bring change, there needs to be a well thought out, coherent plan as to who will take over and what each persons role will be. There was zero details of the last attempt provided, so how can anyone get behind that. 

As has been the case for multiple seasons our fullbacks are shite, defensively and  offensively

They wouldn't prevent a cross from my dear old granny. And she's been dead for 20 years.

She'd put in better crosses too.

Midfield isn't much better

And Rennie isn't better at all.

How the hell do you the up with a poor defence, a poor midfield AND a poor attack?

19 hours ago, forehead7 said:

Cuddihy out injured. What a surprise. We should give him a testimonial or we should all be honest and say the only reason he is here because no other football team were stupid enough to sign an injury prone unfit footballer and I can’t wait for some idiot to respond to this post and defend him but before you do please look at the league table.

34 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Had planned to get the train through and a few pints the Saturday so that’s that fucked! 

Potential embarrassment live on national tv incoming…

Yeah would’ve headed through on the Saturday but doubt I’ll bother on a Monday night.