Clyde Season 23/24

4 hours ago, Passionate said:

McCall on paper looks a good appointment, who comes in with him Neil Scally,   McCall recently took a watching role at training with Thistle, something I don't think he can do with Clyde....

What's the odds on a relegation play off final with EK. Must be pretty short at this stage ..

The pile in on Mick Kennedy has taken on epic proportions, buying the league's etc,  look at East Kilbride players and tell me 2 players that shouldn't be playing that level they are currently playing their trade,  I will give you Liam Brown the rest have found their level either on the way down from league 2 or on the way up from the juniors..

Literally just signed Joao Balde from Arbroath. Kennedy had numerous SPFL players drop 2 or more divisions to join him at Darvel. It’s what he does. 

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely hilarious that the Record thinks anyone would believe Clyde had Ian McCall waiting in the wings but they wanted to hear what a shitey chicken shop owner said first.

TBF to the guy he does a cracking chicken burger and peri peri fries.

9 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

There's few better lower league managers than Ian McCall. I'm fairly uncomfortable with the way he was dismissed by Thistle - I tend to agree that he was likely coming to the end of the road but the manner in which he was let go was incredibly poor in my opinion; I do think he deserved better than that from the club.

He's not without his flaws but overall, McCall has been very good for Thistle. His recruitment was consistently excellent and we were often well ahead of the queue for players; we've never had another manager in the modern era who used pre-contracts as well as McCall. Whilst not at Thistle, two of the most clinical lower league strikers in the last 20 years (Shankland and Dobbie) were picked up by McCall when they were going nowhere fast.

He signed the vast majority of our 2012/13 league winning side including plucking Doolan and Erskine from obscurity. He signed Liam Buchanan, Scott Chaplain and Paul Cairney, all of whom were tipped to move to bigger clubs than us at the time but who we nabbed on pre-contracts. He signed Marc Twaddle and Gary Harkins whose future sales kept the club afloat in 2009. This time around, he signed Harry Milne when it looked like he was destined for the Premiership, Zak Rudden, Jack McMillan and of course, the big beautiful b*****d that is Brian Graham to name a few.

He is well versed in dealing with "crisis clubs" and seems to me to be the perfect candidate for Clyde just now if he gets backing. For the record - and I might be in a minority of Thistle fans on this - but I don't get any pleasure from seeing the struggles of Clyde and I think it would be a damn shame if they dropped out of the league. With McCall, I would be extremely surprised if he doesn't turn things around eventually and avoid bottom spot. 

Liked this post tor various reasons and feeling is mutual

Do i want to see Thistle get beat , probably yes as oppose to definetly yes 25/30 years ago 

However give me thistle in the league over EK. Edinburgh City or even the circus that is Queens park now anyday of the week

Yer mithers pride

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Liked this post tor various reasons and feeling is mutual

Do i want to see Thistle get beat , probably yes as oppose to definetly yes 25/30 years ago 

However give me thistle in the league over EK. Edinburgh City or even the circus that is Queens park now anyday of the week

Yer mithers pride

I fully expect McCall to improve you and keep you in the league. But it would be utterly hilarious if McCall took you to the Lowland League. 

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What fortune at Ayr do you speak of? Genuinely curious at what knowledge a Clydebank fan would have professional football? 

The fortune of assembling a decent team and getting promoted. Aside from the good run at Falkirk, I expect his best spell as a manger would have been at Somerset.

I am quite content of my knowledge of professional football having spent many years working in it, thanks for asking.

6 hours ago, not man of the match said:

The fortune of assembling a decent team and getting promoted. Aside from the good run at Falkirk, I expect his best spell as a manger would have been at Somerset.

I am quite content of my knowledge of professional football having spent many years working in it, thanks for asking.

That’s not fortune though. He built that team through having an ability for being able to identify players. 

He’s had good bits and bad bits at every club he’s been at with the exception of Clydebank and Morton who were both absolute shambles of clubs at the time. 

Suprised at how salty fans of other clubs seem to be at this appointment, absolutely delicious. 

Absolutely the best appointment we could have made, don’t think there would have been anyone better realistically. Also makes the chicken man look like the attention seeking mug he is. He won’t have been offered the job over Mcall despite how inept our board is 

14 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

First interview very down to earth and approiprate for our situation

No side comments or silly commemts

Win games and build confidence

Simple and at L2 thats exactly what we need, not over tactical guff that players at this level dont or cant do which he also seemed to suggest

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

It still would've been top drawer if McCall managed to sneak in a "soldier's of love" line 

19 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Simple and at L2 thats exactly what we need, not over tactical guff that players at this level dont or cant do which he also seemed to suggest

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

I wonder when the winning games part will kick in.

probably when we are in the lowland league.What a shambles.

20 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Yer Mithers Pride🇾🇪

Win games and build confidence, not a great start on either front today. I know the guy is just in the door but today was woeful.