Clyde Season 23/24

Major news from last night, other than team news was an update from Glasgow City Council on Crownpoint is due by the end of next week.

Although, three quarters of the allocated time were multiple circular discussions of minor articles of association.

Priorities priorities 

20 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Major news from last night, other than team news was an update from Glasgow City Council on Crownpoint is due by the end of next week.

Although, three quarters of the allocated time were multiple circular discussions of minor articles of association.

Priorities priorities 

Could be  a great xmas present or a pig in a poke. Just in time for them all to run off for two weeks leave and not be available to take questions.

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Priorities priorities 

‘Update’ doesn't sound definitive though does it? Are GCC going to be pulling our chains for a bit longer?

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Saw that, and a signed from some other mob. Must be great being able to throw money about at any point in the season 😂

In a partly related note, surely it’s about time Highland and Lowland League clubs started adhering to the same transfer windows as those in the leagues above?

8 hours ago, Replays said:

In a partly related note, surely it’s about time Highland and Lowland League clubs started adhering to the same transfer windows as those in the leagues above?

Why, it's not part of the professional set up?

Maybe Clyde will vote for automatic relegation in part of a revision of the rules.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe Clyde will vote for automatic relegation in part of a revision of the rules.

I’d 100% vote for automatic relegation if it were up to me. The play-off is 100% short-term benefit to favour the League Two club and truthfully, I’d feel better if Clyde were relegated knowing they wouldn’t have to go through the play-off for a chance to go back up.

9 hours ago, Replays said:

Given they have a direct path into the league setup I don’t think that’s an unreasonable suggestion.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Given they have a direct path into the league setup I don’t think that’s an unreasonable suggestion.

Then where do you stop? The level below them then have a direct path into that league which has a transfer window, and so on. 

Regional football doesn't need transfer windows. 

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The issue is the Highland league AND Lowland League have a play off.  Or are you suggesting the winners of both get into the SPFL?

20 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

The issue is the Highland league AND Lowland League have a play off.  Or are you suggesting the winners of both get into the SPFL?

The winner of that play off should be automatically promoted. Promotion play offs are one of my favourite things about football, but there should always be an automatic promotion and relegation to go alongside them. 

If an ambitious club smashes the Lowland/Highland League and wins by 20 points, and then defeats their regional counterpart in a play off, they deserve to be promoted. If that scenario occurs but going into the play offs they have key players injured, or as we’ve seen the team that finishes bottom of L2 starts to rest players to remove them from the potential losing mentality, and they lose a two legged play off, it’s a bit of an injustice imho.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Then where do you stop? The level below them then have a direct path into that league which has a transfer window, and so on. 

Regional football doesn't need transfer windows. 

My point was the HL and LL are directly below the league setup in terms of the pyramid. The Wosfl etc aren’t.

I could honestly listen to McCall talking about binning handfuls of these idiots all day.

"I gave some people that I've not seen an opportunity... We'll see what happens there."
"I'm getting a far clearer picture of players; who to keep and who will not be getting kept, and that will be made public in the next two or three weeks."

6 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The winner of that play off should be automatically promoted. Promotion play offs are one of my favourite things about football, but there should always be an automatic promotion and relegation to go alongside them. 

If an ambitious club smashes the Lowland/Highland League and wins by 20 points, and then defeats their regional counterpart in a play off, they deserve to be promoted. If that scenario occurs but going into the play offs they have key players injured, or as we’ve seen the team that finishes bottom of L2 starts to rest players to remove them from the potential losing mentality, and they lose a two legged play off, it’s a bit of an injustice imho.

Out of curiosity how is "an ambitious club" defined?