Clyde Season 23/24

It sums our season (up till now hopefully) when we are looking at young loan players to be our main players… never going to happen,  L2 sides don’t get that quality of boy. Loans at our level normally supplement the main squad.

As I say fingers crossed we get the targets we are after so we can look at loans to add to the squad for depth rather than necessarily starting. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

On 18/12/2023 at 20:53, Replays said:

Am I correct in thinking that he can play left back too? Not that I want players playing outwith their normal positions, but I wonder if we’ve brought him with that versatility in mind given how rubbish our options currently are at full back?

Hamilton was a Left Back when he broke into the Stirling set up as a youngster, but is very much a Centre Back and a really good one for this level. It's been said above (but I couldn't get onto P&B yesterday) but you've got a player that's probably amongst the best in your Division, and is really good on the ball, in fact, there was hope amongst some of our support that he would return to Forthbank, but obviously not

Always going to be difficult in not impossible given the individual Councillor that was himself involved in the Finnart bid.. all a bit “iffy” to say the least.

Cant actually fault those involved in our bid, they must be gutted as they presented a fantastic case and met every criteria asked. 
Just need to move on now unfortunately 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

The board have been justifiably criticised at times, but to pin this decision on them isn’t in my opinion. 

I think the board have been guilty of naivety.  Competing with a locally rooted organisation who had the backing of LOCAL councillors, meant we were at a horrible disadvantage.  

I hope we learn from the experience.  With onfield and off-field results, it would be a good time for those at the helm to reconsider their positions.  This isn’t intended as a personal criticism but just sense check that we need to change things up...you know the old saying about doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

It's obviously a profound disappointment, as Crownpoint looked wonderful - plenty of existing infrastructure there to build around, very close to our traditional home, ideal type of community, brilliantly located for a matchday experience. As others have said though I don't think the board can be blamed for this one - having read both parties' initial admissions to GCC, there probably only should've been one getting close to it on merit. The club won't say too much as the ultimate goal of relocation to Glasgow depends on maintaining a positive working relationship with the council, but the mechanics of Finnart's bid all sound fairly crooked to me.

As far as 'back-up plans' go, it sounds as though there is another available site which some on the board and relocation group have a similarly strong interest and belief in; Thomson's words at the fan meeting the other week were that they "wouldn't thank you for calling it a back-up", but that the site mentioned would require more work initially than Crownpoint would have. It sounds as though, despite the CP bid remaining their priority, some work on that location has been going on in the background while waiting on this decision. Hopefully we are in a position to hear more on that one soon.

Edited by the_bully_wee