Clyde Season 23/24

I’m happy with that, we’re still conceding too many goals and I think Hamilton and Howie will be part of a back three alongside one of the others (Dunachie?) and that looks fairly solid. We can work on the forward areas as we move through the window. A similar return for Jordan Allan and we might be cooking to at least move up the league.

Another good signing that. Have to assume we’re looking at getting rid of at least one of Grant, Sula or Carswell though? Sula, Hamilton, Dunachie and Howie would be a good set of centre halves at this level and Peter Grant’s not been too dreadful too recently.

5 minutes ago, Replays said:

Another good signing that. Have to assume we’re looking at getting rid of at least one of Grant, Sula or Carswell though? Sula, Hamilton, Dunachie and Howie would be a good set of centre halves at this level and Peter Grant’s not been too dreadful too recently.

Peter grant is rotten and an amateur player at best

21 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Robbie Leitch in now. Can't say I remember much of him, @CoveRangers1922 is probably the best man for the job on this one!

Robbie should be a strong signing for L2 so congrats to McCall and Clyde for pulling this one off. He improved as time went on with us and looked promising in pre-season and in the LC campaign during the start of our Championship stint.

He's definitely got talent, can be developed further and an eye for goal. Think I said before that I was never entirely sure of his best position. We played him as an out and out winger mostly but he can play as a number 10 or supporting striker.

He has a trick, tries to be direct and like I said can finish. As with many wingers he can drift in and out of games.

I see you've taken back Craig Howie too. Still only 27 and should be capable.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Happy with more quality recruits and even more so with having them done and ready to hit the ground running. We know all about Craig's quality already and Leitchy could be a belting addition for a side that have had to watch players who try spring a trap with all the awareness of a rat attacking a cheeseboard

Howie was a good player at L1 level but was shunted all over the pitch to accommodate duds like Rumsby. Hopefully he is played at centre half.

You would imagine we are sticking with three at the back given the volume of centre halves we now have. I'll feel much better about life when a goalkeeper and left wingback arrive.

46 minutes ago, David W said:

Howie was a good player at L1 level but was shunted all over the pitch to accommodate duds like Rumsby. Hopefully he is played at centre half.

That sounds a bit like his time at Alloa. He arrived in rather strange circumstances as we hadn't appointed a new manager after Peter Grant left and it was actually Andy Graham who signed him when he had apparently been tasked with retaining our best men while we found a new boss. The club then made the interesting call to appoint Barry Ferguson, who liked to play Howie at DM when he played him at all. After Ferguson moved on Howie was then a victim of Brian Rice's idiosyncratic style of management with frequent switches in position and shape. Between all that and injuries he never really got a proper chance at Alloa, but you could tell there was a fine player in there. Howie and Hamilton looks like a really good CB pairing for League 2.

Jim Duffy must be absolutely flummoxed looking on at these signings.