Clyde Season 23/24

Last night really was horrible timing. Not many teams would be able to go to Elgin on a Tuesday night after work and dig out a win. It stinks that we're in the position we're in and find a game like last nights as a must-win.

I feel a bit more pragmatic about things now. We have 15 games left and 7 points to overturn. It can be done, and our squad is looking much healthier on paper (barring desperately needing a goalkeeper). As a previous poster said, there's a real losers mentality at the club at this point, and it's going to take everything McCall and the new signings have got to drag us out of it.

It has to start at the weekend - we simply cannot lose.

- Leighfield -

- Hynes - Hamilton - Howie - McGinn -

- Grant - Scullion -

- Kabia -          - Leitch -             - King -

- Allan - 

We could go with the above on Saturday, aside from the goalkeeper that's not a team that should be losing many games in this league, let along get relegated.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Last night really was horrible timing. Not many teams would be able to go to Elgin on a Tuesday night after work and dig out a win. It stinks that we're in the position we're in and find a game like last nights as a must-win.

I feel a bit more pragmatic about things now. We have 15 games left and 7 points to overturn. It can be done, and our squad is looking much healthier on paper (barring desperately needing a goalkeeper). As a previous poster said, there's a real losers mentality at the club at this point, and it's going to take everything McCall and the new signings have got to drag us out of it.

It has to start at the weekend - we simply cannot lose.

- Leighfield -

- Hynes - Hamilton - Howie - McGinn -

- Grant - Scullion -

- Kabia -          - Leitch -             - King -

- Allan - 

We could go with the above on Saturday, aside from the goalkeeper that's not a team that should be losing many games in this league, let along get relegated.

I agree with 99% of that, just not sure Allan can play up front on his own, don’t think he has the touch to hold possession till support arrives. Apart from Keeper situation we would absolutely benefit from another striker.

I don’t think there’s a chance we’ll get another forward in now with Young, Rennie and Allan all playing up front. I’d largely agree with Brian Carrigan’s team too but do agree with FREDDYFRY that Allan is better suited to a pairing which makes it a tricky one.

I had thought last night that Kabia arriving may allow Scullion to drop into centre-midfield as Brian Carrigan suggests and Cuddihy could slot in to right back but I’d prefer us to actually bring in a decent full back which, as we know, is something we haven’t managed in about five years. Even when we signed one in Nick McAllister we punted him into midfield!

We desperately need a keeper but if one isn’t forthcoming I’d start Parry on Saturday. Parry isn’t very good anymore either but Leighfield is like the Rob Jones of goalkeepers. I quite literally never expect him to make a save.

We've been at our best under McCall when we've played with two strikers so I'd like to see us return to that, not least because it brings out the best in Allan. It does throw up other issues like Kabia vs Scullion and where to play Leitch though. I'd probably give Scullion another wee run at right back and, if Cuddihy is injured, try Leitch alongside Grant.

24 minutes ago, Replays said:

Allan is better suited to a pairing which makes it a tricky one.

I absolutely agree, which is why if we do persist with the current system the number 10, be it Leitch or King or A. N. Other, has to get close to him and essentially act as that second centre forward when required.

If we return to having two up, I think I’d prefer Young as Allan’s partner. Rennie certainly has more goals but Connor Young’s work rate is higher and realistically, Allan is going to be the main target so his partner needs to have a very high work rate and an unselfish streak.

5 minutes ago, Bearded Bully said:

Blast from the past.....  For those of you who remember Adam Proudlock. He played with Clyde in 2000/2001 season. 23 years ago... I feel so old 😢

Greatest loan signing of all time.

27 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Someone on the owners forum has called for us to get Goodwillie back in. As is things aren't bad enough right now for us.

Would happily take goodie back the guy has been a victim of a snp witch hunt. There was no problem of him being at clyde before the raith move

16 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Would happily take goodie back the guy has been a victim of a snp witch hunt. There was no problem of him being at clyde before the raith move

Yes mate. It's the SNP's fault. Finally someone says it.

GSTQ 🇬🇧

22 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Apart from his baggage which has already done our reputation enough damage you’re talking about a guy who is almost 35 and hasn’t played a game of football in 2 years. I get that he is still the poster boy for simpletons but it’s time to move on surely.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Apart from his baggage which has already done our reputation enough damage you’re talking about a guy who is almost 35 and hasn’t played a game of football in 2 years. I get that he is still the poster boy for simpletons but it’s time to move on surely.

Has been playing regularly at a team called glasgow united i think and understand we need to move on from him but i would take the reputation hit if it was the difference between us being a league club or junior's. I have zero doubt he would still score at least 10 goals before end of season if signed today

8 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I thought he was playing in the WoSL?

I stand corrected he is playing in the WoS THIRD division, so for a midtable tier 9 side. Jordan Allan will score plenty of goals if we give him decent service, absolutely no need to go into the gutter again IMO.

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

I stand corrected he is playing in the WoS THIRD division, so for a midtable tier 9 side. Jordan Allan will score plenty of goals if we give him decent service, absolutely no need to go into the gutter again IMO.

100% agree as we have done this dance before and now what would be 6 years later we are in the same position as back then if not worse. If the reputation thing wasn't an issue then id bring him back in a heartbeat but the priority before a striker is a goalie and a full back before tomorrow at 12

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I agree with 99% of that, just not sure Allan can play up front on his own, don’t think he has the touch to hold possession till support arrives. Apart from Keeper situation we would absolutely benefit from another striker.

Allan's touch isn't great for holding the ball up.

It's was made even worse last night by the ball arriving at head height.

He needs it over the top to run onto or to his feet

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

Allan's touch isn't great for holding the ball up.

It's was made even worse last night by the ball arriving at head height.

He needs it over the top to run onto or to his feet

We do not have a physical team maybe Hamilton aside so the way we are going to turn out good performances is playing through the lines on the deck not hoofball