Clyde Season 23/24

Cammy F is an absolutely outstanding signing for you lot, I would have loved to see him back at Montrose but had assumed he would have ended up in The Championship. 

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I did hear the hocey stadium situation is being closely monitored apart from that glenconner park was the plan b

The school I teach in went to the green the other day to use the pitches next to the hockey centre and I had a wee look around. Even if the hockey centre isn't an option. There is a few grassy areas to the side(one has an actual pitch on it but no real room for stands) and the guy working there said the astro pitches themselves are barely used these days and lay empty almost every afternoon with the weekend obviously being a bit busier. So wouldn't be surprised if the council would look to make something out of there whether it be the hockey centre or part of the football area. 

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I did hear the hocey stadium situation is being closely monitored apart from that glenconner park was the plan b

Still carry the battle-scars on my arse from 'The Coup' that was Glenconner in the late 70's. 

Great drainage but little else to celebrate and certainly not its location.

Picture of Ballantyne with a scarf in training gear at Airdrie's stadium - so have we managed to change our training arrangements back to something more conventional than Mondays and Wednesdays at Stenny? If so, that's like a new signing in and of itself.

5 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

Think I remember reading elsewhere you get five - King, McGinn, Leslie, Allan and Ballantyne - so any GK would have to be a free agent now.

You’re allowed two non-Scottish loans. We used one to get a midfielder from Bradford. Not sure what contacts McCall has in England though

10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Picture of Ballantyne with a scarf in training gear at Airdrie's stadium - so have we managed to change our training arrangements back to something more conventional than Mondays and Wednesdays at Stenny? If so, that's like a new signing in and of itself.

We were actually training at Airdrie for at least one night under McLean and Millar 

17 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Think I read on the owners forum that we were now training there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

8 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Think I read on the owners forum that we were now training there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

That's great news. While it won't exactly be the silver bullet, it was utter insanity from The Duffman to arrange it for Mondays and Wednesdays. Vintage dino antics.

15 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Is he a free agent? 

15 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye I believe he left Cove in the summer and hasn’t had anything since - I’d imagine he’s still a better option than the current incumbent though. 

As far as I know he was doing some goalie coaching with Queen's Park, so provided he's not working Saturdays he'd be a very handy signing indeed

- Parry -

- Dunachie - Howie - Hamilton - McGinn -

- Ballantyne - Grant - 

- King -             - Leitch -               - Kabia -

- Allan -

Imagine a team like this at the start of the season. Instead for instance against Peterhead in August we got:

- Leighfield -

- McCulloch - Sula - Dunachie - Craig -

- Cuddihy - Carswell -

- Mulvanny - Cameron - C. Scullion -

- Malcolm -

I know there are extenuating circumstances re: finances or players wanting to play for McCall/Scally but holy shit, the above really does shine a light on how bad the summer recruitment was when you see it laid out like that. The board, Duffy have combined to absolutely kill us here. I still live in hope that we survive.

Regardless of the strength of the squad is 14 games enough to avoid the bottom position in the league? Even if we were to win 7 it might not be enough. When was the last time we put together the type of string of results we need. 2018-19? 

Also as a non owner is it true the chairman won a large backing? I find that unbelievable given some of the stuff on here and obvious decline up until now for the last 3 years. For anyone that did vote for him, why? I put almost all of the recent recruitment down to Maitland/ McCall. 

31 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

When Reallity Kicks In is definitely his other account on here.

The problem I have with all of these snowflake keyboard warriors is when they read Clyde are getting relegated or the board are rubbish or the recruitment is poor then the abuse starts coming back and I need to point out one fact we can all agree on. I don’t make boardroom decisions recruit players or pick the team. Lowland league is our next and final resting place.

4 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The problem I have with all of these snowflake keyboard warriors is when they read Clyde are getting relegated or the board are rubbish or the recruitment is poor then the abuse starts coming back and I need to point out one fact we can all agree on. I don’t make boardroom decisions recruit players or pick the team. Lowland league is our next and final resting place.

Jimmy, how about actually getting behind our Club????

I have taken you off ignore as I believe everyone has a right to say what they want (it is a free country) but your posts are all doom and gloom, I get that you don't like our chairman but how about getting behind the team, give them your support, and let's hope that the signings we have made (and maybe those we will get in) will be enough to maintain our league status.

Believe !!!! We are The Clyde!!!!  

13 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

I have taken you off ignore as I believe everyone has a right to say what they want (it is a free country)

He's still speaking if you ignore him. He can still say whatever stupid shit he wants, it's just that we have the benefit of not having to pay attention to him.

54 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

Regardless of the strength of the squad is 14 games enough to avoid the bottom position in the league?

We have 8 points to make up - so we need to win at the very least 3 more games than Stranraer do in the final 14 games of the season to finish 9th. I think that's fairly doable with the squad we currently have. We absolutely have to beat Stranraer on Saturday though. If not, it's curtains. If we *do* win on Saturday, it's down to 5 points to make up in 13 games which to me is more than doable imho.

Providing we get the win on Saturday, I won't be counting us out. The current squad is (on paper, technically) the most talented group of players we've had at the club in years.