Clyde Season 23/24

8 minutes ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

the (highly stupid) optimistic side of me still thinks it could be possible to survive. We play Forfar twice who are now 10 points ahead of us. I know after yesterday it seems impossible to win a (must win) game of football. That would also mean we can’t lose against Dumbarton, stenny and looking to pick up 3 points against Elgin which now after writing that seems entirely impossible! Absolute dire situation to be in. I think I should take a leaf out of Jimmy Choo’s book and accept defeat.

Dumbarton aren’t in scintillating form at the moment, so there is a chance there. Then there is the proverbial 6 pointer against Forfar, that is a must will game.

3 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Dumbarton aren’t in scintillating form at the moment, so there is a chance there. Then there is the proverbial 6 pointer against Forfar, that is a must will game.

I’d still be puting my money on Dumbarton. Last time we played them at home they pumped us 4-0. Now we apparently have a better squad so hopefully we can at least show some desire to win. The only positive from yesterday was that Ross Lyon won’t be able to start at LB next week. No doubt we will start Mcginn on the bench again 😂

For weeks now we’ve been having conversations like “if we win this then we have these home games” and “there’s a chance of taking something there”. 

Stranraer had 1 win in 6 and 2 in 12 before yesterday, and we managed 1 shot on target all game. Looking at the stats and the highlights, it looks clear to me who wanted that more yesterday.

We’ll be lucky to take 2 points from the 2 home games coming, especially if we keep playing the same jobbers who got us here in the first place. 

1 hour ago, To B or not B said:

It doesn’t seem to matter what form the opposition are, they will still get it easy from us. We keep highlighting matches that are ‘must win’ and then don’t win them. It would take an astonishing turn around from our current position and there is nothing to suggest we are capable of it.

I still feel there is a chance we have had two home games (league) After the start of the signings Bonnyrigg 3-2 which should of been 4 or 5 to nil and peterhead which we should of won if not for a dodgy ref decision. It is crucial we win next two as if forfar fail to win on sat and we win next two it is 4 points which after the confidence of back to back wins i believe we can overturn that margin. My concern is our away form there seems to be a real psychological thing about winning away. Looking at ppg i reckon we need 8 wins from our remaining 13 (7 h 6 a) so realistically considering our away form we need 6 wins from 7 at home at least. We have one final chance on sat plus tues to start building these wins failure to win in any of those two games and we are 10th

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

There is no doubt McCall inherited a shitshow but he is barely doing any better than what went before him.

P12 W1 D4 L7 before 

P11 W1 D5 L5 after 

It’s the inability to hold onto a lead and the resulting draws that are going to kill us.

41 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

I still feel there is a chance we have had two home games (league) After the start of the signings Bonnyrigg 3-2 which should of been 4 or 5 to nil and peterhead which we should of won if not for a dodgy ref decision. It is crucial we win next two as if forfar fail to win on sat and we win next two it is 4 points which after the confidence of back to back wins i believe we can overturn that margin. My concern is our away form there seems to be a real psychological thing about winning away. Looking at ppg i reckon we need 8 wins from our remaining 13 (7 h 6 a) so realistically considering our away form we need 6 wins from 7 at home at least. We have one final chance on sat plus tues to start building these wins failure to win in any of those two games and we are 10th

Can I have some of what you’re smoking?  Peterhead shouldn’t have been a loss, not because of the bad referring decision, but because of our ineptitude to play football in the second half, we should have been 3 up.

I fear it is curtains for the club.  I cannot see us clawing it back.

21 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

Can I have some of what you’re smoking?  Peterhead shouldn’t have been a loss, not because of the bad referring decision, but because of our ineptitude to play football in the second half, we should have been 3 up.

I fear it is curtains for the club.  I cannot see us clawing it back.

Trying to cling onto any hope at this stage

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Don't write off Brechin City. Unlike East Kilbride and Clyde they haven't had money thrown at them, but sometimes that's for the better.

They have been well funded.