Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t think someone like Danny Handling dropped down from league 1 to the highland league without a good financial incentive…

One player.

You guys have been blawing on about shipping out several players in the January window (on contracts - costs money) and bringing in a wheen of players (costs even more money).

And? 

Well I for one feel sorry for the Clyde fans predicament even though a couple went over the top at the end when the players came over...as a survivor of the 1-6 double hat trick pumping Nostradamus couldn't have predicted where Clyde would've been 20 years later...you won't be bouncing back anytime soon either 

As sad as it is being a Clyde fan right now, we need to acknowledge that we are where we deserve to be in the league. The thing that angers us is that it need not have turned out this way. Our club has been mismanaged now for a long time and decisions made in the last 2-3 years have been disastrous. The appointment and then promotion of Duffy and appointment of a failed captain as manager were decisions that we all knew would end in tears. All except the Board apparently.
We have won 9 league games in 2 calendar years. A quite shocking record. I’d be astonished if we survive the playoffs. As for the future ? No assets, no home and a dwindling support does not bode well. We’ve a small but loyal support, many of whom who have followed the club from Shawfield to our numerous homes. We deserved better from the club. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

One player.

You guys have been blawing on about shipping out several players in the January window (on contracts - costs money) and bringing in a wheen of players (costs even more money).

And? 

It’s been fairly well spoken about that money has been put into us to try get out the situation we are, but ultimately won’t happen. 

But don’t pretend like Brechin don’t have at least decent money going out, they also signed Lewis Martin from Kelty in the summer, and loans like Matthew Wright from Ross County and Luke Strachan from cove. 

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

It’s been fairly well spoken about that money has been put into us to try get out the situation we are, but ultimately won’t happen. 

But don’t pretend like Brechin don’t have at least decent money going out, they also signed Lewis Martin from Kelty in the summer, and loans like Matthew Wright from Ross County and Luke Strachan from cove. 

The team that finishes bottom of league 2 and gets used to losing each week will struggle against a team winning the highland or lowland league who are winning each week.You can’t have blind hope of beating either East Kilbride or Brechin if we find ourselves in this situation we will go down.

8 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The team that finishes bottom of league 2 and gets used to losing each week will struggle against a team winning the highland or lowland league who are winning each week.You can’t have blind hope of beating either East Kilbride or Brechin if we find ourselves in this situation we will go down.

I literally just said we’ve spent money to get out of this but it won’t happen, so I don’t have blind hope of anything. 

21 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I literally just said we’ve spent money to get out of this but it won’t happen, so I don’t have blind hope of anything. 

It comes to the same thing. Get your passport out. We are going to Berwick Gretna and gala Fairydean next season and we probably still won’t win. Gordon Thomson take a bow.

33 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Perhaps their decent money is based on the income that they can still earn by virtue of their local support and owning their own facilities. 

Clyde's latest Walter Mitty, 'mystery benefactor' effort, all while squatting at yet another ground somewhere in Lanarkshire, has no place in tier 4* of Scottish football. That genuine, community-based clubs like Elgin and Stranraer are sending it packing is a thoroughly pleasing development.

*Or indeed tier 5, 6 or 7 - all the equally stupid 'Broomhill' efforts should be gunged in the leagues below too. 

34 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

You might still pull off an unlikely escape, but Brechin City have largely been living within their means. If they do not gain promotion this season I think they will still be well placed to have another go next season.

I'm sorry to say that Clyde look like a basket case if they go down.

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You might still pull off an unlikely escape, but Brechin City have largely been living within their means. If they do not gain promotion this season I think they will still be well placed to have another go next season.

I'm sorry to say that Clyde look like a basket case if they go down.

I’m sure they do, when we played them earlier in the season they actually resembled a football team at least and do have some decent players. I’d suggest they’ll be back in the SPFL in the next 2-3 years max. 

If you go into the lowland league, there’s only one way you go. Looking at the current table, all the teams relegated in are 10th or below…

2 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I’m sure they do, when we played them earlier in the season they actually resembled a football team at least and do have some decent players. I’d suggest they’ll be back in the SPFL in the next 2-3 years max. 

If you go into the lowland league, there’s only one way you go. Looking at the current table, all the teams relegated in are 10th or below…

I think you need a fan base and a community around your club. I'm not sure where that lies with Clyde. You seem to still have a core support, but not sure where from. Rutherglen, Cumbernauld?

14 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I think you need a fan base and a community around your club. I'm not sure where that lies with Clyde. You seem to still have a core support, but not sure where from. Rutherglen, Cumbernauld?

Definitely lost a few from Cumbernauld in our brexit style taking back control move to Hamilton so we can say we left broadwood on our terms. Another belter of a decision from our board. 

I can't express the anger I have toward this board. Looking at this list of what I can think and I bet there is more are awful 1 by 1 never mind all of them together.

Chased Norrie Innes out the club

Fucked up and ended up owing money for the aria lounge. 

4 points deducted for admin error

The whole Graham Diamond and PJ Corr saga

Kept Danny Lennon on about a year longer than he should have been, on a contract we couldn't properly afford.

The Goodwillie Saga that ended up with us being kicked out of Broadwood. 

Hearadling it as a success and a big GIUY to NL when it just wasn't. 

Taking us back 30 years to Hamilton as Nomads lying about the wonderfully Low rent (same as Broadwood) and commercial opportunities.

Compiling and over seeing the worst Clyde team I've seen under Duffy 

Promoting Duffy to DOF after failing to keep us up and having a raffle in the changing room for who wants to me manager. 

McClean and Duffy...enough said 

Following up the worst Clyde team I've seen with an even worse team this year. 

Allowing that fat Oaf Ebbo to be around the club and chase young Lewis out the club.

Staring into a league of B teams, B team shagging Clubs and Uni's. 

Back to back relegations out the SPFL is beyond a joke but the manner is enough to make and rational person snap and want the boards Head on a stake. A complete basket case and embarrassment of a club. 

I fucking hate my own club now, from League 1 to Non League in 2 years.

Edited by bullyweehutch