Clyde Season 23/24

13 hours ago, 420 said:

What an absolute semen stain you are to accuse us of bigotry. Whenever we employ ex-Celts (Sean Fallon, John Clark, Billy McNeil, Latchford, McCluskey, McGarvey to name but a few) we're accused of bias. Similarly, we employ some ex-Gers (John Brown, Graham Roberts, Albertz, Miller and McSwegan again, to name just some) and the same accusation gets levelled by tha same halfwits in different colours. So what if we put on a bit of an exhibition match to boost the coffers? Don't remember upsetting you moral crusaders when we invited Man Utd to play us at Broadwood some years back to provide some much-needed funds. The history of the game in this country is full of pre-season 'glamour' friendlies. Next you'll be telling us we were unpatriotic to allow an English man, Sir Stanley Matthews, to pull on a Clyde Jersey against Everton many moons ago in a charity match. We've stood accused of many things over the years but bigotry? Get a grip.

If you are dragged up in Inverclyde then bigotry is a daily occurrence. You then, I assume, have to cast that shadow over others to lift the veil of gloom that hangs over your existence down there. 

A cursory glance at the number of posts he makes on here will give a clue to his 'life'. Best ignored for the most part to encourage him to visit other threads. 

Luckily for me, I was away for a wee long weekend break there so never actually made it to the game. Unfortunately with that result it looks like we're going to be finishing bottom, no matter what results we manage to string together. To be fair, it's been coming. We've been a complete shell of a club for a long time. Bringing in Ian McCall and this batch of players at this time almost seems like a joke on us now. Leaving it until it's basically too late to put a good squad together.

Anyway, the rest of this season has to be about building momentum for the play offs, especially with the teams around us picking up precious points recently. If we play either EK or Brechin/Bo'D/Buckie out of form we'll be ripped to shreds. Hopefully over the next few weeks the players start to gel and we can really get things moving. 

Edited by Brian Carrigan

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This guy man. The term 'Oaf' has never suited someone more. I'm all for a bit of noising up opposition fans but doing it after you've been beat and look like you're on the verge of tears is just pathetic.

You weren’t there, so you don’t know the facts. Guy should more passion than our esteemed chairman has done for the past 2 years. The camera of course will not have picked up the Stranraer fans attacking a wee lassies’s dad 5 mins into the game  or their vicious attack with weapons outside the ground, or their  team walking to the away end to gesture to the away support that they had ‘humped us etc’ or that they wanted to fight with half the Clyde team anytime they were tackled. In this world of click bait you should be careful who you vilify. 

2 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

You weren’t there, so you don’t know the facts. Guy should more passion than our esteemed chairman has done for the past 2 years. The camera of course will not have picked up the Stranraer fans attacking a wee lassies’s dad 5 mins into the game  or their vicious attack with weapons outside the ground, or their  team walking to the away end to gesture to the away support that they had ‘humped us etc’ or that they wanted to fight with half the Clyde team anytime they were tackled. In this world of click bait you should be careful who you vilify. 

You take your life in your hands when you visit Stranraer.

33 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

You take your life in your hands when you visit Stranraer.

I didn’t make it this time but was at the previous game down there. Surprised to hear it’s gone from last of the summer wine to green street in the space of a few months.

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

I didn’t make it this time but was at the previous game down there. Surprised to hear it’s gone from last of the summer wine to green street in the space of a few months.

Guessing this can't be the Clyde lads as this naughty lot all look under 60.

football-casual.jpeg

Edited by Stevo Fife

54 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

You don't have to be there to know "the facts".

The fact is that the guy is a representative of the club and made an obscene gesture to the crowd.  It is in no way defensible.  Especially when you are trying to use events that happened afterwards as justification.

37 minutes ago, strichener said:

You don't have to be there to know "the facts".

The fact is that the guy is a representative of the club and made an obscene gesture to the crowd.  It is in no way defensible.  Especially when you are trying to use events that happened afterwards as justification.

Oh no! The big bad man made an "obscene gesture" at us!

You poor wee soul. I shall contact our chairman and ensure that the nasty kitman is suitably punished for this heinous act. Please accept my apologies as I feel guilty by association and only hope that you can somehow move forward and, in time, forget this harrowing event ever took place. 

Get a grip ffs.

1 hour ago, the bigger picture said:

With the greatest of respect. What a pile of shite.

Having a kit guy acting like that sums up everything that is wrong with the club. When DL was the manager at the very least the club showed class. When you have a chairman as poor as the one we have it can’t be a surprise the kitman is an idiot. We don’t deserve to be in the top leagues.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Having a kit guy acting like that sums up everything that is wrong with the club. When DL was the manager at the very least the club showed class. When you have a chairman as poor as the one we have it can’t be a surprise the kitman is an idiot. We don’t deserve to be in the top leagues.

The team have always presented themselves on the field in full and clean kit suggesting the guy does his job just fine. I don't condone the fact he appears to have given the Stranraer fans the two finger salute but, at the same time, I really cannot bring myself to care too much. We have far more important things to worry about like...our senior league status and potential survival. 

Any Stranraer fan kicking up a stink about one guy giving them the V sign needs a reality check - particularly when you consider a group of their own saw fit to attack our lot with golf clubs outside the ground. Gie's peace.

2 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Oh no! The big bad man made an "obscene gesture" at us!

You poor wee soul. I shall contact our chairman and ensure that the nasty kitman is suitably punished for this heinous act. Please accept my apologies as I feel guilty by association and only hope that you can somehow move forward and, in time, forget this harrowing event ever took place. 

Get a grip ffs.

In would take your own advice tbh.  I know for Clyde this is minor in the grand scheme of shittiness from your club.  At any normal club nobody would be condoning that behaviour.