Clyde Season 23/24

18 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

Don’t recall your post having a go at our assistant manager for getting sent off for foul & abusive language. Picking on the ‘big heavy guy’ easy target. 

Jesus man (Ebbo), give it up, you look like a total w****r but if you stop now, you can limit the damage. Don't become like JC, the Kanye West of Pie and Bovril.

You don't recall it because I didn't Ebbo, no one did. The kitman (you) has shown a pattern of embarrassing behaviour, essentially bringing the club into disrepute at an extremely challenging time. He (you) may have been here before McCall, and may even remain after he's gone, but if the club had any sense (hmmm) they'd cut ties with him (you, because you are Ebbo) right now. Any scuddy can wash the kits.

17 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Jesus man (Ebbo), give it up, you look like a total w****r but if you stop now, you can limit the damage. Don't become like JC, the Kanye West of Pie and Bovril.

You don't recall it because I didn't Ebbo, no one did. The kitman (you) has shown a pattern of embarrassing behaviour, essentially bringing the club into disrepute at an extremely challenging time. He (you) may have been here before McCall, and may even remain after he's gone, but if the club had any sense (hmmm) they'd cut ties with him (you, because you are Ebbo) right now. Any scuddy can wash the kits.

Ooooft. Kitman outed.

41 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

Based on that line I Should now be calling for at least 3 of their players to be sacked for their gestures to away fans at the end which were given without any provocation …. As someone else said get a grip ffs. 

Apart from the dogs abuse the fans gave Stranraer players after scoring as well as chucking things at them aye? 

Kitman should face severe consequences from the club for fighting at full time.

Specifically regarding giving the fingers to the home fans though, I'd rather he didn't because it's classless, but I'm really not that fussed that he did tbh. Wouldn't be making a song and dance if the shoe was on the other foot. Think it's actually quite telling that most of the folk taking real umbrage to it don't even support Stranraer.

49 minutes ago, the bigger picture said:

Based on that line I Should now be calling for at least 3 of their players to be sacked for their gestures to away fans at the end which were given without any provocation …. As someone else said get a grip ffs. 

Without provocation :lol:

I've seen the highlights mate, you boys were a collective frothing mess. Keep cheering on your big baldy embarrassment of a kitman though, it makes nae difference to me.

Edited by The Moonster

5 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

Kitman should face severe consequences from the club for fighting at full time.

Specifically regarding giving the fingers to the home fans though, I'd rather he didn't because it's classless, but I'm really not that fussed that he did tbh. Wouldn't be making a song and dance if the shoe was on the other foot. Think it's actually quite telling that most of the folk taking real umbrage to it don't even support Stranraer.

Now the important stuff has been dealt with, onto the football.

For most clubs, goals will change as a season develops based on what is achievable. Results throughout the league over the last 2-3 weeks have been nothing short of disastrous for us. The only crumb of comfort we can take is that our participation in the play-off is all but guaranteed and we have a number of games to draw a line under what has gone before and build a head of steam.

We've done ourselves by waiting too long to make decisions this season. If a squad of this calibre had been assembled in the summer, they'd have had friendlies, the League Cup group and the first few weeks of the league to gel and get over teething problems and kick on. Easy to say now, but I've no doubt we would not be bottom if we had this team from the summer.

McCall has to get it into the team's head that, to all extents and purposes, the season starts now and we look to build a head of steam for the play-offs. If we fluke 9th then all the better. That's out of our control though unless someone above us falls to bits and that doesn't look like happening.

14 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

The team have always presented themselves on the field in full and clean kit suggesting the guy does his job just fine. I don't condone the fact he appears to have given the Stranraer fans the two finger salute but, at the same time, I really cannot bring myself to care too much. We have far more important things to worry about like...our senior league status and potential survival. 

Any Stranraer fan kicking up a stink about one guy giving them the V sign needs a reality check - particularly when you consider a group of their own saw fit to attack our lot with golf clubs outside the ground. Gie's peace.

Even if Clyde get relegated they'll still be in a senior league next season, just not a national one.

14 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I'm not condoning it. In fact, I specifically said in the next post that I do not condone such behaviour. My point is that I don't buy this affronted act you seem to be peddling. Are you genuinely hurt and/or shocked by what happened?

Most "normal clubs" don't have fans who set about opposition supporters with golf clubs after winning. You honestly think you're in a position to take the moral high ground here?

Yes ,why wouldn't I be?

13 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Every aspect of Saturday has been nothing short of an embarrassment, even by our standards. 

Correct.  In every area, we gave ourselves a showing up.  Little wonder people are pointing and laughing.  

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Yeah, I mean you see the staff in ASda do that all the time to customers. 

Huddling and green outfits, obvious wrong uns. 

12 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Correct.  In every area, we gave ourselves a showing up.  Little wonder people are pointing and laughing.  

People have been pointing and laughing for years mate. Make absolutely no mistake about it either, we 100% deserve it. Unfortunately Saturday is the culmination of years of weak and non existent leadership. Kit man carries on like that because he knows there will be no consequences. Fans carry on like that because they know there will be no consequences. Board do f**k all because there are no consequences.

We have been absolutely tin pot on and off the park from the moment we got promoted to league 1 something that should have been used as a stepping stone to push the club on. Instead we rewarded failure on and off the park and when you do that who can be surprised you are rewarded with more failure.

Said it before and will say it again the sliding doors moment was not emptying Lennon after Clydebank. That set the wheels in motion where we should have acted like a remotely serious club and we didn’t. Following that up with bringing Goodwillie back and losing Broadwood  we all but asked people to laugh at us

If we go down to the lowland league the club needs absolutely ripped out and reworked and rebranded into something different. The pyramid was brought in so that teams could find their level and we have found ours very quickly and surprise surprise it’s not in the top 42 where competent teams are

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Even if Clyde get relegated they'll still be in a senior league next season, just not a national one.

The lowland league is a deeply unserious division and is ‘senior’ in name only. If the perception of the lowland league was anything other than tinpot then this thread would not be awash with fans of other clubs having a right good laugh at Clyde’s imminent relegation to it. That’s not to say it’s beneath us in any way, or that we don’t deserve it. The writing has been on the wall for years, but I doubt a single Clyde fan will be thankful that we technically have a senior club to support when the inevitable happens.