Clyde Season 23/24

It's beginning to look like they're a spent force, but it's imperative that we hold up our end of the bargain as one freak goal or decision could be enough to earn them a result somewhere along the line. No easy games left for us now, so hopefully we can extend what's become a wee run of sustained decent performances.

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

It's beginning to look like they're a spent force, but it's imperative that we hold up our end of the bargain as one freak goal or decision could be enough to earn them a result somewhere along the line. No easy games left for us now, so hopefully we can extend what's become a wee run of sustained decent performances.

Stranraer at home in a couple of weeks is an absolute must win (not that we have a great record in those!)

1 hour ago, Clyde85 said:

Hopefully they don’t get the new manager bounce 😂

Not sure how many ways you can polish a turd 🤔

However new manager bounce is always a possibility depending on the appointment.

16 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I think they are focusing on the playoffs.....or is that wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking. It’s clearly a last throw of the dice to avoid them. 

Let’s not worry about Bonnyrigg. Let’s worry about Clyde. One point away at Peterhead and a win v Stranraer and probably off the bottom. 

Having been a lost cause it’s  now up to Clyde. 4 wins and unquestionably safe, three wins almost certainly so, two wins totally reliant on others failing even more.

keep the run up and Clyde will be safe but there is still a lot of football to play.

The Bonnyrigg situation is weird. The squad can’t be altered and on their park you can only really play hoofball, so it’s not like a new lad would come in and radically change tactics so I’m really not sure what another manager would get out of that group this late in the day. I get that the club will be desperate, but now probably isn’t the time to be changing manager. Maybe it’ll work, hopefully it won’t.

I’ll be honest and say that I’d much rather Bonnyrigg stayed up than have EK get promoted. At least BR feel like a real club, with a real ground and real fans. Hopefully the Highland League winners put out EK. 

56 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The Bonnyrigg situation is weird. The squad can’t be altered and on their park you can only really play hoofball, so it’s not like a new lad would come in and radically change tactics so I’m really not sure what another manager would get out of that group this late in the day. I get that the club will be desperate, but now probably isn’t the time to be changing manager. Maybe it’ll work, hopefully it won’t.

I’ll be honest and say that I’d much rather Bonnyrigg stayed up than have EK get promoted. At least BR feel like a real club, with a real ground and real fans. Hopefully the Highland League winners put out EK. 

I think it would be Brechin, they have a structure and reached the Championship in recent years.......I feel fairly sure they would take care of EK over two legs although Kennedy is a streetfighter as is gobby Ferry.

The irony of EK joining us, or worse still replacing us in League 2, would be hard to bear.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Their board obviously felt they had nothing to lose by making the change and probably agree as I was more that sure we would catch them after watching them last week. 

Watching them last week I dont think they will pick up 4 points the rest of the season but that may now change.

They are probably hoping they get the new manager bounce and win a game or two which is what they need to do.

Sometimes it is just hearing a new voice and having someone come in and give other players a chance who were previously out of the picture that can make a difference.

As you say, it may work but hopefully wont. 

Fingers crossed they have Jim Duffy on their radar of appointments.

What an irony that would be if he was.  Jim Duffy managing a team that ultimately consigned us to the play offs.

13 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Their board obviously felt they had nothing to lose by making the change and probably agree as I was more that sure we would catch them after watching them last week. 

Watching them last week I dont think they will pick up 4 points the rest of the season but that may now change.

They are probably hoping they get the new manager bounce and win a game or two which is what they need to do.

Sometimes it is just hearing a new voice and having someone come in and give other players a chance who were previously out of the picture that can make a difference.

As you say, it may work but hopefully wont. 

Fingers crossed they have Jim Duffy on their radar of appointments.

What an irony that would be if he was.  Jim Duffy managing a team that ultimately consigned us to the play offs.

Do keep up