Clyde Season 23/24

I can see why McCall started Cuddihy as the deepest midfielder, as he picked up some nice positions and got on the ball quite a lot in the first half, but the game completely bypassed Hynes ahead of him and we had so little creativity that it was unreal. Ray Grant did some good things in his time on the pitch - I hope he'll be fit enough for a start soon, and that he can get anywhere close to the player he was before his injury; that would be really big for us. I'm scratching my head about how we'll line up next week - you'd assume that Hamilton will slot in at centre back somewhere, but Howie could end up shunted out to right (wing) back or into midfield, while Leitch played more for Edinburgh as an advanced central midfielder despite his career until this season consisting of appearances as a winger or number 10. 

Aside from such matters, hopefully we get a post-match interview from McCall in which he announces, with great fervour, the names of all those being released. That would be a nice tonic after the absolute guff we had to endure this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Today aside, I make it 4 league wins in the calendar year 2023 (and 2 of those were end of season dead rubbers). No wonder we are fucked.

I posted somewhere on here that, outside of the early years where we didn't play as many games, our worst ever was 5 (which we managed last season, not for the first time).

Well done to Jim Duffy and the people who appointed him.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Good, a complete waste of an XL jersey. 

giphy.gif

I had that line saved up for when it was confirmed he was away.  As much as he tried, he was patently unfit (despite what his family thought at the start of the season...!) and was too much of a passenger given the position we are in.

So far, everything that was put out there by Allan Maitland has come to pass - three really good signings, the cutting adrift of the dead weights (although I feel sorry a little bit for Kyan Gunn, who was subjected to some ridiculous abuse when he wasn't even playing following the 4-0 loss to East Fife, leading to Ray Grant having to step in).  Don't think anyone could have complained about who has gone so far, now be interesting to see who else has been lined up and who we can persuade to come on board.

Happy New Year to y'all, let us all hope 2024 is more fruitful from a Clyde supporting perspective, don't think any of us could take another 2023...

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Surely a bit difficult finding 8 or 10 players at this time of the season, where are they coming from, paying cash for transfers, loans or players that other teams dont want as somebody mentioned replacements needed before casting guys adrift.

Well we have three, so that’d only be another seven needed!