Clyde Season 23/24

We’re not going to start winning until we sign at least one good striker, centre backs must love playing against us, they get an easy shift, we’re so lightweight up front.

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Much that I’m also desperate for new bodies but even the 3 players in already makes us infinitely better than we were until now. Whether that makes us good enough to get 3 points on Saturday remains to be seen.
Another couple at least before Saturday would make us a lot happier I have to say.
I assume they are trying to get them “across the line” as they say, Fingers crossed they do quickly. 

Exactly this!  Whilst still some work to be done, defensively should be far more solid with the new centre backs.  Spine of the team is critical.

Midfield could argue has been significantly upgraded too.  Leitch will hopefully hit the ground running plus the return of Ray Grant feels like a new signing in itself.

New keeper, left back and preferably a striker too and all of a sudden things could be looking up.  I note that Elgin are aiming to bring in around half a dozen signings too so will be an interesting good few months ahead.

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

30 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Exactly this!  Whilst still some work to be done, defensively should be far more solid with the new centre backs.  Spine of the team is critical.

Midfield could argue has been significantly upgraded too.  Leitch will hopefully hit the ground running plus the return of Ray Grant feels like a new signing in itself.

New keeper, left back and preferably a striker too and all of a sudden things could be looking up.  I note that Elgin are aiming to bring in around half a dozen signings too so will be an interesting good few months ahead.

Can’t see any of this making a difference.

the shits has already hit the fan.

Elgin strengthening and 6 points behind. It’s all to late. Being optimistic will only prolong the pain. The only thing that would have made a difference would have been to replace the chairman. It’s all smoke and mirrors and the attention has shifted away from him. Very clever stuff but the end result will still be the same Lowland league.

7 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Elgin strengthening and 6 points behind. It’s all to late. Being optimistic will only prolong the pain. The only thing that would have made a difference would have been to replace the chairman. It’s all smoke and mirrors and the attention has shifted away from him. Very clever stuff but the end result will still be the same Lowland league.

I'm sorry but the quality of players coming in versus those who have been let go is like night and day.  You've obviously not seen these players if that is your assertion.  And a 6 point gap is hardly insurmountable - there's 19 games to go!

Yes relegation is a distinct possibility but McCall has a great eye for a player and by the end of the window he can truly say it's his team and needs the fanbase to be galvanised and 100% behind the team.

To write them off when we're only just into January, already upgraded the squad with the promise of more signings to come, is just comical!

35 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

It's a shame we can't ship you off with the rest of the rejects.

10 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

I'm sorry but the quality of players coming in versus those who have been let go is like night and day.  You've obviously not seen these players if that is your assertion.  And a 6 point gap is hardly insurmountable - there's 19 games to go!

Yes relegation is a distinct possibility but McCall has a great eye for a player and by the end of the window he can truly say it's his team and needs the fanbase to be galvanised and 100% behind the team.

To write them off when we're only just into January, already upgraded the squad with the promise of more signings to come, is just comical!

You’re wasting your time giving this clown the time of day. Guy is a broken record. 

9 hours ago, Cutty Sark said:

It's a shame we can't ship you off with the rest of the rejects.

It’s a pity you hate the truth. I have been saying for 2 years unless the board are removed we will end up in the lowland league. If having a go at me makes you popular with the other idiots on this chat keep doing it or do you need a cuddle And for someone to tuck you in at night and say everything will be alright.

it won’t be.

13 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It’s the year of our lord 2024 and some folk still haven’t muted Jimmy Choo on here. Unbelievable.

Brian let’s be honest now. You are a board member and that’s the reason you don’t like my posts as they cut through the bullshit.

9 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

You’re wasting your time giving this clown the time of day. Guy is a broken record. 

You’re missing the point. The club is broken beyond repair.Throwing money at it is to late.Bury your head in the sand if that works for you.

54 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

You’re missing the point. The club is broken beyond repair.Throwing money at it is too late.Bury your head in the sand if that works for you.

Jimmy Choo It simply cannot be good for your mental health constantly spewing all these negative vibes. I have never seen you post one single positive post ever.

Sure it may be too late for Clyde but it will be with your mentality. Back your team, six points is a tough ask but very far from insurmountable.

You now have some strong committed management - amongst the best in the division. Back them or frankly find something else to do with your time for your own good.

5 minutes ago, support the underdog said:

Jimmy Choo It simply cannot be good for your mental health constantly spewing all these negative vibes. I have never seen you post one single positive post ever.

Sure it may be too late for Clyde but it will be with your mentality. Back your team, six points is a tough ask but very far from insurmountable.

You now have some strong committed management - amongst the best in the division. Back them or frankly find something else to do with your time for your own good.

I feel your pain but sometimes it’s best to be honest with what we are seeing.i accepted it a long time ago.You should do the same.My mental health is fine is yours.

7 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It’s the year of our lord 2024 and some folk still haven’t muted Jimmy Choo on here. Unbelievable.

Brian Carrigan has went quiet as he is a member of the Clyde board. Guys be careful with this guy.

27 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Jon Craig has pitched up at Broomhill. Genuinely horrific, enjoy. 

There's always going to be a demand for left backs and Swift saw the best of him last season. For all the criticism Duffy takes, Craig would have benefitted from him staying on.

I daresay he'll reappear in the SPFL at some point.