Clyde Season 23/24

Just now, Clyde01 said:

To be replaced by those rent a fan, buy the league wanks from EK? Surely not…

Thought that’s what you were hoping to do with your mystery benefactor and millions that were to be pumped in to buy 8 quality players and manager.

3 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

I reckon majority of fans from other teams will be hoping Clyde drop down tbh.

Not at the expense of East Kilbride. I’d take Clyde over the chicken man. Brechin, I’d have back over them, though.

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You deserve absolutely no more or less than any other football fan that travels the length of the country every season supporting their team.

It's what football fans chose to do I can't ever get my head round fantasy entitlement that football fans deserve something for doing what they want and choose to do.

It's a daft mindset.

Easy to say from ur high horse winning most weeks atm

What's most bizarre about our "style of play" (I use that phrase loosely) of late is that we were terrific in spells against Bonnyrigg playing it on the ground, with Leitch picking up some great positions centrally and linking up well with Scullion and King on the left and right. Since then, we've shifted Leitch about and then benched him, and are now resorting to endlessly shelling it long for Allan. I hope we get a post-match offering from McCall, but I won't hold my breath waiting for one.

Just now, Clyde1235 said:

Easy to say from ur high horse winning most weeks atm

I assume from that you are a child so will cut you some slack.

I do hope you pump EK in the play off tbf if that's any consolation as they are a horrible little outfit.

You will fully deserve that for supporting your team.

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

What's most bizarre about our "style of play" (I use that phrase loosely) of late is that we were terrific in spells against Bonnyrigg playing it on the ground, with Leitch picking up some great positions centrally and linking up well with Scullion and King on the left and right. Since then, we've shifted Leitch about and then benched him, and are now resorting to endlessly shelling it long for Allan. I hope we get a post-match offering from McCall, but I won't hold my breath waiting for one.

I know mate is baffling when we play are best stuff on the deck why we choose to go long i get these are l2 footballers and they arent capable of playing lovely pleasing on the eye football but we dont ever try to play it on the deck

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

2. Stranraer players all (except the keeper) coming right up to the Clyde fans and goading them after scoring the first

3. The Stranraer players rounded on a couple of clyde players after late tackles

4. At final whistle Stranraer players fighting with Euan Cameron

5. At full time whistle Stranraer player jesting to Clyde fans that they were going down

2. You see this all the time, but I did think it was a risky move by Fleming considering he was already on a booking. Took his goal well though.

3. I'll come back to this.

4. I thought Cameron had (understandably) squared up to someone for point 5, so then the Stranraer player's teammates stepped in.

1 hour ago, Clyde1235 said:

Sounds like Stranraer players and fans are a horrible bunch. Listened to Agnews post match and no mention of the events he was actually proud of them grouping up on Clyde players. 

*Some Stranraer fans, just like I'm sure you could say some Clyde fans. Scott Agnew was likely unaware of what had happened outside the ground when he was doing his interview.

Back to Bullyweeno's point 3, the Stranraer players were rounding on Clyde players after some blatant, cynical fouls. Agnew will rightly have been proud of them sticking up for each other, as would you if your team's players had done the same.

The biggest melee came after Lyon swiped at someone and advantage was played, only for Ballantyne to immediately take out the next guy. Ballantyne, Hamilton and Stranraer's Grant were quite rightly booked, but the ref forgot to get Lyon too. His red card was an easy call, he was last man with two Stranraer players breaking.

It’s incredibly depressing that a club with the history of Clyde will most likely not be a professional club next season and with the way the club is going and the way the other relegated clubs have went then it is highly unlikely that they will become a professional club again for some time, if again.

its even more frustrating when you see so many clubs that are well run and very ambitious within the pyramid system and the professional leagues and actively trying to progress the club, all while the people that run Clyde could easily be portrayed as thistle fans running the club into the ground and out of existence for a laugh.

i don’t the slightest clue about running a football club but it’s highly evident the people running Clyde have as much clue as i do!

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Poor Clyde.  The only club that we have to implement segregation for.  I am sure it was all big bad Stranraer fault.

Stranraer fans at their own midden have always been cowardly wee scrotums and - frustratingly - they never leave their forgotten,  grotty, miserable wee dive of a town to travel to away grounds (unless they're playing their big team at Ibrox).  I would have loved to see them try to come wide with Clyde fans at any of our various grounds over the years but unsurprisingly they never have, never will.

2 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

2. You see this all the time, but I did think it was a risky move by Fleming considering he was already on a booking. Took his goal well though.

3. I'll come back to this.

4. I thought Cameron had (understandably) squared up to someone for point 5, so then the Stranraer player's teammates stepped in.

*Some Stranraer fans, just like I'm sure you could say some Clyde fans. Scott Agnew was likely unaware of what had happened outside the ground when he was doing his interview.

Back to Bullyweeno's point 3, the Stranraer players were rounding on Clyde players after some blatant, cynical fouls. Agnew will rightly have been proud of them sticking up for each other, as would you if your team's players had done the same.

The biggest melee came after Lyon swiped at someone and advantage was played, only for Ballantyne to immediately take out the next guy. Ballantyne, Hamilton and Stranraer's Grant were quite rightly booked, but the ref forgot to get Lyon too. His red card was an easy call, he was last man with two Stranraer players breaking.

You conveniently overlooked the most serious two points

Clyde fans on 2 separate occasions being attacked

Whats your comments on them?

Personally doesn’t bother me what antics your players get up to.  Just raising them as was part of an overall bad atmosphere today.

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I reckon McCall won’t see the season out. 

I wouldn't be surprised either. But I apportion almost no blame at his door. He was asked to come in and had no choice but to release many and go for signings in January. Not an easy task. What would be the big selling point of coming exactly?  Come and play for Clyde in a toxic, losing environment. Think he's probably done the best he can with a poor hand, maybe underestimated just how bad a situation he was walking into. It would seem strange to me for some to blame McCall. The evidence from his other jobs suggests he isn't the issue.

A playoff will be a step too far in my opinion. We would need to be able to compete in more than one game and not make mistakes. We haven't achieved that in the best part of two seasons. All EK or Brechin need to do is be up for it and have a semblance of a game plan.

The chairman is the one that has to go. I honestly thought at the beginning of the season we'd maybe finish around 6th or 7th. But from what I can recall he was talking up the chances of promotion this year. Crownpoint, hiring/ not getting rid of Duffy, the need to rebuild a squad mid season and not even being able to organise the basics like a white home shirt is the list just from the top of my head. The bottom line is he's been in charge and we've had a losing mentality and very noticeable decline for the best part of 2, possibly 3 seasons.  

Edited by BonnieClyde

10 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Basically was bad feeling all day

They only opened one turnstile and both sets of fans had to go through which was asking for trouble

1. One old Clyde fan with stick got whacked in the face when he went in the ground

2. Stranraer players all (except the keeper) coming right up to the Clyde fans and goading them after scoring the first

3. The Stranraer players rounded on a couple of clyde players after late tackles

4. At final whistle Stranraer players fighting with Euan Cameron

5. At full time whistle Stranraer player jesting to Clyde fans that they were going down

6. Then the stramash outside the ground with opposite fans fighting, swinging golf clubs and get tasered

All in all was just a bad taste in todays game that have seen the likes of before

You'll need to elaborate on why two sets of fans using the same gate is "asking for trouble". This happens at a lot of grounds, there have even been games at Dumbarton where we don't even open the away end and games go by without issue. 

It's obviously not good that people are being attacked and hopefully the police charge anyone who needs charging but stuff you've listed above is standard for foootball in Scotland. If you can't take a team getting it right up you then this isn't the sport for you. 

If you go down to LL, unless you have a cash injection you could be stuck down there for a while. Previous three sides relegated ( Berwick,  East Stirling and Cowdenbeath have all struggled. And Albion Rovers certainly won't be returning this year). To date you would be the biggest club to drop down and it shows the decline in the club.

As a Thistle fan I will admit to having a chuckle at your predicament, but it is rather sad to see a club with the huge history you have decline so alarmingly.

I think since you left Shawfield ( although you had no choice) it has been a steady decline.

You have had your highs( particularly in 2004 coming so close to the top flight).

But you have had more downs than ups.

Of course Thistle have had more downs and ups to their journey too, but fortunately we have pulled through to keep surviving.

Interesting times ahead for the Bully Wee.

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

If you go down to LL, unless you have a cash injection you could be stuck down there for a while. Previous three sides relegated ( Berwick,  East Stirling and Cowdenbeath have all struggled. And Albion Rovers certainly won't be returning this year). To date you would be the biggest club to drop down and it shows the decline in the club.

As a Thistle fan I will admit to having a chuckle at your predicament, but it is rather sad to see a club with the huge history you have decline so alarmingly.

I think since you left Shawfield ( although you had no choice) it has been a steady decline.

You have had your highs( particularly in 2004 coming so close to the top flight).

But you have had more downs than ups.

Of course Thistle have had more downs and ups to their journey too, but fortunately we have pulled through to keep surviving.

Interesting times ahead for the Bully Wee.

Can we borrow your old ‘Save The Jags’ banner and stick Bully Wee on the end?! We’re fucked.

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Can we borrow your old ‘Save The Jags’ banner and stick Bully Wee on the end?! We’re fucked.

Don't go near Rangers for help. They were giving us a signed match ball but wanted us to pay for it.

We scraped through with that and as recently last Sumner we were in trouble.

Whilst we aren't out of the woods yet, things are healthier with The Jags Fojndation putting money in and £ 1 million investments from USA.

I don't mean to be sarcastic, but do you have enough if a community/ support to help save the club?

Regards McCall. He is done with football. We saw that at Thistle. With the budget and decent squad he had, he made a rat's of it. Hence he was dumped.

Edited by Highlandmagar