Clyde Season 23/24

55 minutes ago, David W said:

He certainly went against the idea that "All goalkeepers should be good shotstoppers". Barely saved anything.

An absolute terrible goalkeeper. My highlight was the Musselburgh game when he casually left a shot which ended up smacking off the post.

Another one of Duffy's signings? Did Duffy ever bother to watch any of his lot play before signing them or did he just throw darts at a list of available players?

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've a feeling this weekend could be a turning point for Clyde, if results go their way

Clyde needed all those draws to be away wins.

ETA: I see one of them actually was an away win. Interesting times now. A Clyde win on Tuesday...

Edited by Jacksgranda

It would be nice if we weren't Clyde, then we could dream of just continuing Saturday's form and hopefully get another 3 points and a platform to give our fellow stragglers something to worry about.

Ironically, I wouldn't be broken hearted if we played really well on Tuesday and didn't win as I now fancy us to see off either Brechin or the Bride Killers.......better not to test that theory though!

17 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Yesterday’s result is meaningless unless we follow it up with another win on Tuesday. Hopefully we can start to put a bit of pressure on the teams above and someone might shit the bed.

Its the hope that kills you. Forfar will win on tuesday. We will play east kilbride in a play off and the get relagated to the lowland league. Mark my words

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Yesterday’s result is meaningless unless we follow it up with another win on Tuesday.

Absolutely. Win on Tuesday and it’s down to 5 points between us and Forfar with even games. 5 points is much more palatable and this squad is certainly capable of overturning it. As per usual, lose and we’re goosed. 

Still think it’s absolutely wild that there are people doomsaying, acting like they’re Descartes or something. Clyde being relegated is the most obvious outcome considering we’ve only won three games this season. However, this squad is looking much better now. All is definitely not lost.

I’d quite like to hear McCall’s reasoning for bringing on Cameron yesterday. It’s really sticking in my craw. I can (almost) understand King at left back for his distribution, but as soon as Kabia is down, you need to be bringing on McGinn and pushing King up. Failing that, Leitch for Kabia in a straight swap. Leslie was on the bench too. An absolutely bizarre decision to bring Cameron on and it immediately made our left side fragile. With any luck, McCall will have seen enough and we won’t see Cameron again. If Kabia and Howie are out, I think my line-up for Tuesday would be:

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Hamilton - P. Grant - McGinn -

- Ballantyne - R. Grant -

- Scullion - Leitch - King -

- Rennie - 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Absolutely. Win on Tuesday and it’s down to 5 points between us and Forfar with even games. 5 points is much more palatable and this squad is certainly capable of overturning it. As per usual, lose and we’re goosed. 

Still think it’s absolutely wild that there are people doomsaying, acting like they’re Descartes or something. Clyde being relegated is the most obvious outcome considering we’ve only won three games this season. However, this squad is looking much better now. All is definitely not lost.

I’d quite like to hear McCall’s reasoning for bringing on Cameron yesterday. It’s really sticking in my craw. I can (almost) understand King at left back for his distribution, but as soon as Kabia is down, you need to be bringing on McGinn and pushing King up. Failing that, Leitch for Kabia in a straight swap. Leslie was on the bench too. An absolutely bizarre decision to bring Cameron on and it immediately made our left side fragile. With any luck, McCall will have seen enough and we won’t see Cameron again. If Kabia and Howie are out, I think my line-up for Tuesday would be:

- Kinnear -

- Rennie - 

Pretty much agree with that line up. But would switch dunachie for p grant (if he is free from suspension) and have young up front for scullion as we need to be on the front foot with two up front

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

- Kinnear -

- Rennie - 

Also agree with comments on Cameron.  He is easily in my top 5 worst clyde player in 40 years

6 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Its the hope that kills you. Forfar will win on tuesday. We will play east kilbride in a play off and the get relagated to the lowland league. Mark my words

I'm so surprised to see you ignoring the relatively comprehensive win against 4th in the table yesterday. Well done Jimmy for keeping me on my toes!

Edited by RutherGlen

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

I'm so surprised to see you ignoring the relatively comprehensive win against 4th in the table yesterday. Well done Jimmy for keeping me on my toes!

Er, just to point out that we are currently parked on the League Two hard shoulder with the hazard lights on.  And naebody's got a phone......

5 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Let’s see what happens next. I hate to be the prophet doom but it’s to little to late my good man.

A random thought, but does anyone know if wee Lewis Kenna and his family have been back since he was let go from his job?

I still don't understand the reasoning for jettisoning him from what was an entirely voluntary position (other than Ebbo doesn't want him about which upon reflection, wouldn't be too surprising given the big mans behaviour), and it's quite surprising that he wasn't just offered another role literally anywhere else in the club, considering the situation.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

A random thought, but does anyone know if wee Lewis Kenna and his family have been back since he was let go from his job?

I still don't understand the reasoning for jettisoning him from what was an entirely voluntary position (other than Ebbo doesn't want him about which upon reflection, wouldn't be too surprising given the big mans behaviour), and it's quite surprising that he wasn't just offered another role literally anywhere else in the club, considering the situation.

Ebbo is a fat fud that should be launched into space he is the size of a dwarf planet and the board aren't blameless in what happened either.

8 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'm a bit out of touch with what's gone on behind the scenes at the club and hadn't realised the wee man was no longer involved. Like most Clyde fans, I've known Lewis, Laura and Ian (R.I.P) since his parents ran the club shop at Broadwood (until the rug was pulled from under their feet) and his love of and commitment to all things Clyde was evident in abundance - the wee fella absolutely lives for his Saturdays following the Bully Wee. I can't believe he'd have done anything to warrant being given the 'your services are no longer required ' line nor can I picture him suddenly just chucking it so what's transpired? Even if he was no longer needed in his previous voluntary role surely there are a bunch of areas in which he could have been utilised. Are we so well off for volunteers that we can afford to lose any? Positive, supportive friendly young guy who was a credit to himself and the club. No agenda, no ulterior motives just loyalty and enthusiasm. I really hope we haven't seen the last of him at the club.

Starting to believe we are witnessing the farewell tour. Been through some amount of shite over the years and I'm usually the first to put a positive / hopeful spin on things, but this is bleak. The worst thing is we entirely deserve it.

Can we rewind to the Ronnie Mac and Alan Maitland "junior" revolution and start again please? 

We really are a dreadful football club off and on the pitch. The actions of the board over the past year or two have completely paved the way for this endless freefall we find ourselves in every game.

If we go down GT has to f**k off and hang his head in shame at the demise he has overseen for so long. 

Hard to watch but absolutely not a surprise. A shambles.