Clyde Season 23/24

2 minutes ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Right then, Mr Thomson. What's your master plan for selling season tickets this coming summer?

He shouldn't even be allowed to sell the raffle tickets going forward.

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Is it wrong that I am starting to dislike Rennie so much?

It’s blatantly obvious to everyone who watches from above pitch level he needs a partner up front, and not to be shoved out wide. Neither of which he gets very often. 

20 minutes ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Right then, Mr Thomson. What's your master plan for selling season tickets this coming summer?

Promotion?

Followed by a season of toiling at the bottom with Gretna and gala.

34 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Is it wrong that I am starting to dislike Rennie so much?

He's a decent finisher and can link the game at times but he must be the easiest forward in the league to play against. Looks at McLean for Forfar; a lazy big donkey but he is just a nuisance purely by being on the pitch.

Nothing will change until you clear out your entire boardroom and Alexander.  They are more interested in having control than how your club is doing.  

You need to force change and force that bunch of vipers out.

55 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Start preparing for life in the lowland league now. There isn’t any hope so please don’t waste anymore energy or your hard earned cash. I predicted this would happen and no one would listen. Here we are now.

31 minutes ago, Walk Glasgow said:

I'm sure the weirdos that voted him back in will all be signing up. A quite inexplicable decision on their behalf.

He has;

1. Resigned a player that was the most toxic name in the papers at the time.

2. Left Broadwood, meaning we haven't had a home advantage in two seasons.

3. Brought Duffy back as manager.

4. Appointed Duffy as Director of Football (literally alienating our entire fanbase).

5. Allowed McLean to be thrown under the bus (Duffy sitting on the bench :lol:).

There are lots of other small things (multiple kits being messed up), and I'm sure plenty would add Lennon's new contract. The sad thing is, I genuinely think every one of those decisions was made with good intentions. They've just all been terrible choices.

Unfortunately for him, the Maitland/McCall/benefactor dream team hasn't worked either.

28 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

The only thing worse than tonight’s result and performance is knowing that insufferable c**t Jimmy Choo will be on to tell us ‘I told you so’.

I think he is an actually a troll, or this thread has given him a life.  Perhaps a bit of both.  I just haven't worked out how to mute him.  

I'm close to done also. Will go to Stenny game on Saturday and possibly the Elgin game the week after. If it's more of the same with the majority of the players looking like they don't give a shit, then I'll have to take a step back - for my own sanity. 

Still can't believe how inept that group of players are. They're mostly half decent footballers for this level (on paper at least) but whatever is wrong with our club at the moment has rendered most of them absolutely useless. 

Edited by RutherGlen

I think the saddest thing about tonight was the fact we were all resigned to it. Whilst I fully agree that shouting personal abuse at players isn’t on, all throughout the game and at full-time it was eerily quiet. For the record, that isn’t a dig at our supporters more dismay at how it’s come to this stage. Having lost another crucial game in that fashion, particularly given the other two were two away games, you would have expected a lot more anger from the crowd. We have a reputation for having a bit of a tempestuous fan base however, aside from some boos at full-time, I felt it was all relatively tame. Obviously, the game being midweek didn’t help but two years straight of being absolutely bodied, not that we were up to much beforehand, and having no place to call home since 2022 (I know others may disagree but Broadwood, for all its faults, was ‘home’ to me given it’s the only home I’d ever seen us have) seems to have torn the heart and soul right out of us.

It’s a truly sad state of affairs and I am reaching the stage myself of wondering whether it’s worth it anymore. Maitland has obviously come in and given it the old college try (and may bring success in the long run) but there’s simply no evidence that things are even slightly starting to turn in the right direction. You don’t follow Clyde expecting glory but there’s very little motivation to continue attending. For me, it’s not a question of the level we’re going to be playing at , and certainly not a feeling that attending Lowland League matches would be beneath me or anything like that. Look at Clydebank, their fans resurrected their club, worked their way up the West of Scotland Juniors, joined the pyramid system and now seem, from the outside at least, to be a well-run club, with a united fanbase and crucially an identity of the town. I’m sure their upwards trajectory will continue. Meanwhile, we’re homeless, trying to bargain with GCC to find us a plot of land to magic up a stadium onto, with a one-way ticket to the Lowland League, volunteers such as Lewis who give up so much time and effort to support the club being asked to step down, and rumours swirling that our mystery benefactor will withdraw his funding if relegated. Even if relocation is successful, I am struggling to see how we’ll manage to ever sufficiently grow the club from that location other than hooring ourself out in a ‘Come and see us when Celtic are away from home’ sort of deal and hoping some fans will stick around. Community engagement is obviously important but there are plenty of other clubs in the catchment area that we would be competing against. In my opinion, we simply won’t ever have the necessary backing from anybody that isn’t already a Clyde fan to arrest this downwards trajectory - not that we shouldn’t try, of course. It’s a very bleak outlook for an organisation that is absolutely rotten from top to bottom.

TL;DR: Last one out turn off the lights.

I used to enjoy the banter and everything else associated with Accies v Clyde, but it is sad to see how far this rot has set in and the despair of the fans: we’ve been there and might end up there again.

Rumours through here are Colin McGowan and Ronnie McDonald may want to clamber aboard?

I always thought you guys should have ground-shared with Rutherglen Glencairn and rebuilt the club from it’s Rutherglen base,so would that not be a better option than Crownpoint?

Finally,I am surprised to see Chrissy McGinn on the bench as anytime he has played for us, he has looked good.

Rankin dropped him for one bad game in The Championship while his favourites are still playing every week.

All the best going forward.

7 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

I think he is an actually a troll, or this thread has given him a life.  Perhaps a bit of both.  I just haven't worked out how to mute him.  

Although all I got was abuse but I took it but still tried to warn everyone where we were headed.Your the prime example of a fan living in denial and you hate that I was right all along you fool.