Clyde Season 23/24

On 14/02/2024 at 20:55, JIMMY CHOO said:

2006 Clyde fc beat Celtic in the Scottish cup. 2024  civil service strollers fc  v Clyde fc and their ground is a shithole but to be fair at least they have a home ground. The adventure that awaits us will be horrendous. Nothing will stop this shitshow of Clyde going south and god knows when it stops getting more and more embarrassing.

i told you so

On 13/02/2024 at 17:48, JIMMY CHOO said:

Please either like or dislike this post

i would like all you guys to vote.

KEEP GORDON THOMSON as chairman  like this post for him to resign dislike the post. Please remember the board and Gordon Thomson are on pie and bovril and they are reading all these posts.

anyone wish to vote now

There cannot be a player in Scottish football who’s more finished than Peter Grant but still playing. He literally can’t do anything. 

Can’t run, can’t win headers, his endless thumped long balls out the park are beyond a joke. Of all the playing decisions last summer, handing him a 2 year deal might’ve been the worst. 

1 minute ago, SLClyde said:

There cannot be a player in Scottish football who’s more finished than Peter Grant but still playing. He literally can’t do anything. 

Can’t run, can’t win headers, his endless thumped long balls out the park are beyond a joke. Of all the playing decisions last summer, handing him a 2 year deal might’ve been the worst. 

Starts with Thomson and the 97 people who thought he was the man to take us forward we had our chance to get rid but owners shat it especially the GB

3 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Starts with Thomson and the 97 people who thought he was the man to take us forward we had our chance to get rid but owners shat it especially the GB

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but playing decisions land firmly with Duffy and McLean. 

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but playing decisions land firmly with Duffy and McLean. 

Appointed by GT, bringing in AM and IM hasn't worked either so far and if the rumours are true if we drop his pal the money man will pull out as well, he is the #1 culprit.

Edited by Only one David Marsh

Firstly Very very Poor  tonight and from the 1st min on the Pitch to in the stands it felt very flat and passive almost like an end of season game when we actually had the chance to half the defecit with a Home Win...

Moving onto game...

Rennie can not play wide right & having scored two on saturday should have beem through the middle, Odd decision

McGinn is a LB and has done nothing wrong to be dropped, Played well v peterhead and done more in 15/20mins than so called experianced players in 90...

Alex King is far more effective in CM than Bannatyne and Leitch who were total passengers & were both very lucky not to get taken off along with CY rightly so...

When Forfar attacked every time they had at least 4or5 bursting a gut to get into box, Apart from Leslie chance late on i didnt see that once from our midfield to front...

Honking display to put it mildly and yet another game we failed to show up when it matters to reduce the point gap and keep momentum going after Sat..

Mccall has to take part of the responsbility tonight for his set up with or without injuries/suspension but most will wait until Ross Lyon or Cameron take a bad throw on sat and normal service will resume..

Club is a mess from top to bottom and i include some of our support in that aswell.

Yer Mithers Pride

10 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

I'm done. The clubs not just relegated it's finished. I give up and won't waste more time and energy anymore. Board don't give a f**k a neither do the players

I think your wrong the board do care but they are completely out their depth and the players also care but the vast majority aren’t good enough at this level. The club will get relegated and the great fan base will be going to shitty venues next season and the reason for all this mess is Gordon Thomson. I feel sorry for McCall as he has tried everything and I think he will resign and I wonder is GT has any level of dignity to do the same and he should get the rest of the board to follow him.The club is rotten from top to bottom the only honest honourable part of the club is the fans and they have been lead down the garden path. So there it is.

Where do you even start with the 3 losses to Elgin, Stranraer and Forfar. 

As for the squad, King scoring the odd screamer is not enough to justify him staying in the starting 11 when you are so far adrift at the bottom and he gives up or shows a lack of effort in games. I'd honestly much rather they start anyone else who tries. 

What is it going to take for 2 strikers to be played up front. Rennie scored 2 at the weekend when he has support. Most of the goals he's scored are with support, not as a lone striker having it launched up.  Anytime I've seen him play as a lone striker it doesn't work.

Then for the defence. Play defenders in defence please, preferably a full back at full back. 

It's too easy for opponents to have a game plan when we are so predictable with the same mistakes and same weaknesses in the starting 11. By all accounts these teams are very poor.  We have absolutely no chance against EK for exactly those reasons.  If they are even half tactically aware it will be easier than it was for Annan in the play off. 

Poor, poor showing. I may as well go and see Cumbernauld Colts, my now local team, as they are most certainly more professionally run and seem to have been able to establish roots locally where Clyde apparently couldn't.

Edited by BonnieClyde

18 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Get Clyde in the LL....PRONTO!

Your quite right. We are awful. Last time I was up in Angus we were tanked 8-1 by a mob whose sole claim to fame is they have A basin!

No, wait a minute: they have gable ends too! 

54 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Funny - but unsurprising - how many VLs there are on Pie and Bovril (including a fair few Clyde fans). Sad!

What does Clyde Football club bring to the table these days now though?

52 minutes ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Your quite right. We are awful. Last time I was up in Angus we were tanked 8-1 by a mob whose sole claim to fame is they have A basin!

No, wait a minute: they have gable ends too! 

Least we have a stadium bud!

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Agreed, however Sula came on last night and was even worse!

Sad state of affairs indeed. 

We had zero pressure up front last night. Young did absolutely nothing when he was on and Rennie was just Rennie one average performance in 10. The result was that the midfield (which was also poor) had nothing to hit and if they did hit one of the “forwards” the ball came straight back and Forfar player was on them in a flash. I think a lot of the issues last night came from not have a single presence up front as a result the game just kept coming back on top of us in the middle of the park and we are just not good enough do do anything with the ball.
Ray Grant  was awful last night although not the worst. Thank God we have Hamilton or it would have been even more embarrassing than it turned.

Has to be said McCall till now has just not worked, well bankrolled personally and supported off the park which is even more worrying!