Clyde Season 23/24

We really needed the next three or four signings to be gamechangers to even be thinking about top half; quality players at this level.

That's not the case. Very disappointing.

1 hour ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Someone has already said the Grants. But this question reminds me of the McLennan brothers we had about 15 years ago. 

The question I believe is about 2 different sets of brothers playing in the same team. I.e. the grants and the scullions. 

57 minutes ago, David W said:

We really needed the next three or four signings to be gamechangers to even be thinking about top half; quality players at this level.

That's not the case. Very disappointing.

Agreed, that’s the squad bulked up a bit and I’m not chucking the toys out with those guys signing.  Now for 2-3 proper players that would actually make us close to challenging.

Not confident this will happen of course. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Agreed, that’s the squad bulked up a bit and I’m not chucking the toys out with those guys signing.  Now for 2-3 proper players that would actually make us close to challenging.

Not confident this will happen of course. 

Because there’s loads of talent not yet fixed up holding out for £150 a week at Clyde!?!?!?!

2 hours ago, BWAClyde said:

Looking at the squad I think another left sided defender, a striker and possibly a center mid on loan at least until Ray Grant is back.

I'd imagine our lineup for Saturday will be this;

Leighfield

Lyon Sula Grant Craig

Cuddihy Carswell Hynes

L Scullion Forbes

Rennie

Ive not seen the boy we signed from hibs who’s a right back, but I’d be picking him every time over Ross Lyon in that position.

Connor Scullion did the HT Crossbar Challenge* at one game last season. I remember thinking he was a complete tit because he got changed into a pair of football boots before taking his shot. Had no idea he’d played at this level in the past.

*if memory serves it got blootered over the bar. 

4 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Someone has already said the Grants. But this question reminds me of the McLennan brothers we had about 15 years ago. 

No the question is TWO SETS OF BROTHERS not just two brothers

We now have 2 sets of brothers in Scullion and Grant who could in all feasibility play at the same time sometime this season

Edited by Bullyweeno1

2 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

No the question is TWO SETS OF BROTHERS not just two brothers

We now have 2 sets of brothers in Scullion and Grant who could all feasibility play at the same time sometime this season

When are we actually going to sign some players who could play at L1 level

i guess we won’t as never signed any when we were in L1

Or when we going to sign a player who has played pro level who hasn’t previously worked under JD or been with Dumbarton

19 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Connor Scullion did the HT Crossbar Challenge* at one game last season. I remember thinking he was a complete tit because he got changed into a pair of football boots before taking his shot. Had no idea he’d played at this level in the past.

*if memory serves it got blootered over the bar. 

Must be shite then eh.

I'll maybe give him 45 mins to see how shite before writing him off though.

And no I'm not a relation.

12 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

When are we actually going to sign some players who could play at L1 level

i guess we won’t as never signed any when we were in L1

Or when we going to sign a player who has played pro level who hasn’t previously worked under JD or been with Dumbarton

I doubt we are- although hearing pretty good reports on Josh McCulloch. 

Most of support felt LS wasnt good enough well before Xmas

Same people happy he signed on for this season, Enough said!

Give their all that.ll do for me in a very unforgiving league and hopefully we might un-earth a loan player or two that could be a game changer

The Bottom line is we can only be homless for so long and no business whether your a cafe or a club can survive without their own regular income , how weve managed since 1980s is beyond me

Sept decision will probably go along way in deciding our future sadly which is far more important than signing Sranraers No 10 but as always each to their own

Edited by shawfield shed boy

4 minutes ago, Bearded Bully said:

If Clyde were to sign half the Man City squad, you lot would still moan... Here's an idea... how about getting behind your team and supporting them and the signings rather than sitting behind a phone/keyboard spouting pish and negatively. 

Go on then. Give us some positive Clyde vibes. Personally, I could do with some.