Clyde Season 23/24

41 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Hopefully he was on £10 a week at Hibs if the rumour holds true that he's on a tenner less here

Rumour is he is on £10 a week more if includes a win bonus.

However doesn’t look like anyone will be picking up many win bonuses

That was just absolutely dreadful. The two full backs could not do a single thing right. 

The formation didn’t work at all, I don’t really understand why we went 433. The gap between the forwards and the midfield was massive throughout, Brechin picked up every cleared ball. 

The defending for the goals was laughable, any cross ball that comes in we look totally incapable of defending. 

The boy Leslie showed some flashes and might actually be a decent signing. Rennie was also ok in holding the ball up and bringing others in when they eventually got there. But other than that complete shite.

Also, a 2 year deal for Peter Grant is lunacy. We should be going with Sula and Dunachie at centre back. 

2. 1. Defeat isn’t bad when you consider we had Parry, McCulloch, Dunachie, Craig and Forbes all in the starting 11.

Cuddihy and Scullion were playing well together until the inevitable happened with Cuddihy, boy Leslie will do fine,  and Rennie had the best game I’ve seen him play for us.

Unless we tighten up at the back we’re heading for the Lowland League for sure.

Leslie was good in flashes, as was Scullion. As soon as they dug the ball out though, things fizzled out because we have absolutely nothing else. Exemplified at the death when Scullion zinged a lovely ball in behind for Cameron who just volleyed it straight out of play.

McCulloch had one of the worst games I’ve seen anyone have in a Clyde shirt tonight. Quite stunning.

The goal was a nice move though. 

Got to laugh at the folk about scrapping up the back row at the final whistle. What we expecting at this point.

All in all, horrible evening.

I expected Brechin to be better than they were and yet they were still comfortable winners in the end. 

Even if we manage to sort out the defence, there's absolutely nothing in that team that will win us a match. We dominated possession for the first 35 minutes of the match but were absolutely clueless about what to do with the ball.

Scullion and Cuddihy as the two in front of a defence will never work because they're both incapable of taking the ball off a centreback in tight spaces. Forbes was ineffective with the ball bit at least gave them am option once he was moved to the centre.

I'm hoping McCulloch is just having a rocky start but right now he's a downgrade on Ross Lyon which is saying something. Jon Craig's form dipped towards the end of last season and he's started this season worse. That's a real sign of some great coaching going on...

I emailed the board to express my disgust with them when they reappointed Duffy & McLean and actually slightly regretted it later thinking I might have been harsh. In hindsight, I wasn't harsh enough. Not that I got a response anyway.

Keeping a failed manager who's never been good at signing players as Director of Football, appointing a failed captain/coach as Head Coach, and then resigning a bunch of players who got us relegated is beyond unforgiveable. 

And not forgetting that the Gordon Thomson told us there's no issues with communication. It's hard to say accurately when you don't know all the ins and outs but, from the outside, Thomson could easily be the worst Chariman the club has had in my 30 years supporting Clyde.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Absolutely the weakest Chairman Jaggy. Scared to make tough decisions re reappoints Duffy in another role ,laughingly says communication is improving when clearly it's not . This all stems from weak leadership at the top . Brian Mclean mentioned at the June meeting about weak mentality amongst last year's team.  It's just as bad if not worse this season ,but it comes from the top . Need a strong decisive Chairman in charge.  Board don't listen to us ,90% on the os who wanted Duffy out can't all be wrong.  Admit to being wrong Mr Thomson and boot Duffy out for starters.  Give us some hope . Hopefully you will soon follow. 

On holiday so I was watching on the stream but I’ve heard rumours Duffy was out shouting in the dugout again tonight? That’s unbelievable if true.

Whether he’ll be a success of a failure, McLean needs to stand on his own two feet. It just looks pathetic for us to have a DoF in the dugout barking at players whilst the Head Coach does nothing.

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

On holiday so I was watching on the stream but I’ve heard rumours Duffy was out shouting in the dugout again tonight? That’s unbelievable if true.

Whether he’ll be a success of a failure, McLean needs to stand on his own two feet. It just looks pathetic for us to have a DoF in the dugout barking at players whilst the Head Coach does nothing.

I didn’t see him at the accies game right enough but I didn’t see him tonight either. 

This is entirely on the board. Anyone shouting for Duffy to go is missing the point entirely. Heads need to roll further up the food chain as this has gone into negligence, rather than incompetence.

Duffy was a known quantity when he came back last season, and when he was appointed to his new role. He is a figure of fun around the lower leagues for his recruitment and that's now his main job. Then he's still there in the dugout. It's beyond insulting to our support.

I genuinely feel for McLean. There isn't a single manager in World football that could make something from those players.

On tonight, we scored a lovely goal and Rennie had a good game. A rare positive to see a Clyde player beat an opposition one with skill and pace, so Leslie might work out. The rest fell to pieces when Cuddihy went off.

Playing a team of similar standard and that was an abysmal failure tonight. The full backs were absolutely dreadful and the RB in particular was honking, the only time he kicked something in the right direction was the water bottles when he took a strop at being hooked. There is nothing in that team to be positive about moving forward into the league, it ranges from clueless to shambolic throughout the side.

Parry has the agility of a fridge/freezer, full backs are amateur standard, Peter grant is done, Cuddihy injured again, imposters and ringers all over the shop. Brutal.

As for Duffy he’s been on the bench interfering in all 3 games so far. Heard him shouting ‘what are you doing Ewan’ at Cameron at one point. Something I’ve wondered every time I see that c**t playing. 

Edited by Clyde01