Clyde Season 23/24

16 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

No going to refuse it though are we. 
also I do think they deserve some credit for getting him on board?

So it's a 10 to 15 year commitment, quite a long period. Is the money coming in bulk? What if the benefactor sadly passes away? 

It seems a very timely announcement from the Board with current rumours of a takeover bid about to be launched.

It can't be huge sums of money they are talking about, as in Scottish football jumping 2 leagues isn't that difficult with money behind you.....certainly not a 10-15 year journey.

Let's not fall for this, it's possibly designed to buy the Crown Point project time and put serious doubt in the owner's minds if an alternative to this board were to be proposed to them.

As long as we make sure the money is in our bank account before we spend it. Promises mean nothing. Once burnt twice shy.

Good news though.

A wee question occurred to me regarding our prospects. When was the last time any Duffy team were promoted?

Signed up to comment on this latest statement. I’m sceptical about the timing of the announcement to be honest, given how much resentment has been voiced towards the running of the club and the possibility of an EGM. Will certainly be interesting to see what happens come mid-season when we’re (quite likely) scrapping at the bottom with Elgin. Guess that shows how much faith I have in the board and this magic money tree that has suddenly appeared.

However, I would be well happy to be proven wrong.

34 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

As long as we make sure the money is in our bank account before we spend it. Promises mean nothing. Once burnt twice shy.

Good news though.

A wee question occurred to me regarding our prospects. When was the last time any Duffy team were promoted?

You seriously falling for this?

”was” promoted

3 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

So it's a 10 to 15 year commitment, quite a long period. Is the money coming in bulk? What if the benefactor sadly passes away? 

It seems a very timely announcement from the Board with current rumours of a takeover bid about to be launched.

It can't be huge sums of money they are talking about, as in Scottish football jumping 2 leagues isn't that difficult with money behind you..... certainly not a 10-15 year journey.

Let's not fall for this, it's possibly designed to buy the Crown Point project time and put serious doubt in the owner's minds if an alternative to this board were to be proposed to them.

Takeover bid rumours ?.... game-changing mega investment? This sounds like fantasy land. What's the story on the takeover bid (rumoured)?

I think some people need to be reminded that not everything has to be black and white or a conspiracy.

The board whilst not fit for purpose looking at their record have potentially secured something really good here. 

Can someone shed light on any potential takeover bid? Must be pretty far along if folk think our boards rattled and it’s getting spoke about on here. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Good news though.

I think it was with Morton in league 1 after leaving us the last time. 

So a Clyde fan is handing over money long term to help the club = conspiracy by board.  By no means a fan of the board but this is some jump 🤣 

Whatever the actual amounts, frequency etc will be in the club accounts so any doubts over how much/if it will materialise will be there for all to see. 

How can money coming in be a bad thing and how would it stop any takeover if it isn't anything other than make belief?  If there are folks out there they can clearly come forward the same as this person has.   

I’ve had my differences with Gordon but I don’t see why he would make that investment statement up, but for me it I comes down to the Crownpoint scenario. Heavy investment with Crownpoint is worth so much more than a dwindling existence elsewhere. Been following Clyde since the late 90’s and I’m fucking sick of the “where will we be” conversation every season. 

If we lose Crownpoint, we are as well chucking it. And I’m half way there.

3 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

So a Clyde fan is handing over money long term to help the club = conspiracy by board.  By no means a fan of the board but this is some jump 🤣 

Whatever the actual amounts, frequency etc will be in the club accounts so any doubts over how much/if it will materialise will be there for all to see. 

How can money coming in be a bad thing and how would it stop any takeover if it isn't anything other than make belief?  If there are folks out there they can clearly come forward the same as this person has.   

Why would the chairman lie about an investment? As you say, it will appear in the accounts. It would be suicidal for a chairman to make such false claims so easily disproven in time.

It's my opinion it's more likely the chairman's investment statement is much more likely to be true than any potential takeover by unknown, shadowy figures who seem to have been sitting on their hands for the years and have never raised their heads above the parapet. Simply put, I don't think they even exist.

Edited by haufdaft

On 05/08/2023 at 14:24, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Let’s see- might just be a ploy to stave off the pressure they are currently under. Doubt they would know how much it would cost to get us to the Championship

They've maybe been talking to Queen's Park.

19 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Why would the chairman lie about an investment? As you say, it will appear in the accounts. It would be suicidal for a chairman to make such false claims so easily disproven in time.

It's my opinion it's more likely the chairman's investment statement is much more likely to be true than any potential takeover by unknown, shadowy figures who seem to have been sitting on their hands for the years and have never raised their heads above the parapet. Simply put, I don't think they even exist.

They exist in that they are a person(s) but they have nothing to invest and are delusional 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Our support are outstanding at writing someone or something off before it’s even started.

Actually I would say most if it’s not, but - like many clubs - you will have delusionals. I do feel we would win the league in a most delusional person claiming to be a fan category 

26 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We will never get anywhere if people just write off every idea that ever comes up before they even get going. 

That's because a few have their own agendas and seem happy to see the club fail. The board have made many errors but any money coming in is to be welcomed .A hint of caution of course as been so many chancers over the years promising to put money in which never materialised . Hopefully it's spent wisely.

28 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

We will never get anywhere if people just write off every idea that ever comes up before they even get going. 

It's the Clyde way.

Plus trolling is always expected on here.

Time will tell,  but its unlikely the board would make this kind of announcement without some substance