Clyde Season 23/24

18 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Why would the chairman lie about an investment? As you say, it will appear in the accounts. It would be suicidal for a chairman to make such false claims so easily disproven in time.

It's my opinion it's more likely the chairman's investment statement is much more likely to be true than any potential takeover by unknown, shadowy figures who seem to have been sitting on their hands for the years and have never raised their heads above the parapet. Simply put, I don't think they even exist.

Well I apologise....it seems the investment is genuine enough. Well done to the director responsible for the introduction and let's hope it can make the difference required and we can become a relevance in Scottish football again.

Great timing as there is definitely an approach in the waiting - let's see how it all pans out. 

My thoughts on this for what it is worth. Lets assume for a minute that it is genuine and also likely to stand the test of time. 

1. If I were an investor one of the things that would potentially put me off would be a club with people all pulling in different directions. If it becomes clear there are factions, disagreements, other groups waiting for it to fail etc. then frankly I would think twice about it.

2. To that end I would think that a united front with one club, one direction and one aim be the order of the day

3. There is a long way to travel between an agreement in principle and a sustained funding model that brings benefits. People may need to be patient and also realise they're not going to be told everything. It simply does not work like that. If you want to know it all then join the Board.

4. Crownpoint may well be an important element in all of this.

5. If it all does get going, then people who want to do their bit should stick to what they are good at, and contribute in that way. That can be volunteering, fund-raising, working for the club, joining the Board or just buying season tickets etc. What they should not do is get involved where they have no experience and should not be working to alternative agendas.

6. If the Board do not make this a success, then and only then, an alternative plan can be brought forward in the proper manner.

This is all much harder than 99% of people appreciate. 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

My thoughts on this for what it is worth. Lets assume for a minute that it is genuine and also likely to stand the test of time. 

1. If I were an investor one of the things that would potentially put me off would be a club with people all pulling in different directions. If it becomes clear there are factions, disagreements, other groups waiting for it to fail etc. then frankly I would think twice about it.

2. To that end I would think that a united front with one club, one direction and one aim be the order of the day

3. There is a long way to travel between an agreement in principle and a sustained funding model that brings benefits. People may need to be patient and also realise they're not going to be told everything. It simply does not work like that. If you want to know it all then join the Board.

5. If it all does get going, then people who want to do their bit should stick to what they are good at, and contribute in that way. That can be volunteering, fund-raising, working for the club, joining the Board or just buying season tickets etc. What they should not do is get involved where they have no experience and should not be working to alternative agendas.

6. If the Board do not make this a success, then and only then, an alternative plan can be brought forward in the proper manner.

You must feel so proud of yourself being one of the 1%....a trifle condescending if I might say.

Just now, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

You must feel so proud of yourself being one of the 1%....a trifle condescending if I might say.

Well you can interpret that like that if you like. Firstly, I didn't say I understood it all, and in fact don't. What I do appreciate is that a corporate deal like this attracting funding from abroad potentially linked to a public sector property deal will be complex.

Carry on looking for opportunities to pick at threads though....

13 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Well you can interpret that like that if you like. Firstly, I didn't say I understood it all, and in fact don't. What I do appreciate is that a corporate deal like this attracting funding from abroad potentially linked to a public sector property deal will be complex.

Carry on looking for opportunities to pick at threads though....

You make it easy

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Lots of good and sensible points. Any objection to this would be those who are actually out to cause harm, ex directors who’s contributed more on their Facebook profile than to the club, an ex chair who as far as I know is still looking for manufactured money and a left back who whoored himself at every opportunity to get on tv when we signed Goodwillie. 

Why they were even entertained , never mind views as an option for an approach? Well maybe I’m in a 1% ratio of people who think that’s nuts

Is anyone able to clarify about the potential takeover bid?  Seems quite far along and was wondering who is going to be involved? 

If not comfortable posting here can it be DM’d to me?

Have a feeling a couple of folk on here may be involved giving some replies to the investment news at the weekend. 

42 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Is anyone able to clarify about the potential takeover bid?  Seems quite far along and was wondering who is going to be involved? 

If not comfortable posting here can it be DM’d to me?

Have a feeling a couple of folk on here may be involved giving some replies to the investment news at the weekend. 

There’s definitely a few people on here who know it all!

I don’t think there is any takeover bid. As a CIC, I don’t think any takeover could go through without a vote from the owners.

The email sent out to owners only mentioned productive discussions about securing not insignificant additional funding from a life-long supporter, which has changed the direction of the club’s longer term strategy to a far more positive outlook.

54 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

There’s definitely a few people on here who know it all!

Yes, and there’s plenty who know f*ck all, but would like to know, guys like myself, 50 odd years supporting the club, and being kept in the dark, like a mushroom. 

Just receiving the usual emails, when have something to sell

3 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

The email sent out to owners only mentioned productive discussions about securing not insignificant additional funding from a life-long supporter, which has changed the direction of the club’s longer term strategy to a far more positive outlook.

It certainly wouldn't be unlike the Clyde board to do something weird and stupid, but if we're now at the point where they're releasing information to the owners about this individual donating a long-term-strategy-altering amount of money you have to assume the money is all but in the bank.

I wonder if it's going to be one lump sum or a longer term donation p/a or something along those lines?