Clyde Season 23/24

Read through the last few pages and I’m just struck dumb by the fact Duffy is still hanging around Clyde like a bad smell.

Are the Clyde board literally the only people in Scottish football who rate him at all at this stage? His career should have been over about a decade ago ffs.

Bit of a no win situation tonight for us, win and everyone will claim it’s expected (tougher game than many realise) or lose and it’s more fuel for the meltdown.

Do we think McLean will go full strength to try and build some confidence (could have the opposite result mind) or will it be a weakened team (as if our first 11 isn’t weak enough) to give us a ‘get out’ if it goes against us?

Not sure if Rennie is fit and maybe an opportunity to get minutes into the likes of Hynes or Lyon if they are close to a return. Hopefully Leighfield plays too.

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Not going tonight but dreading the outcome regardless. Got a horrible feeling tonight could be a new low for us.

It would have to go some to beat Conor Scullion injuring himself wimping out of a tackle on Saturday.

I don't see how we can do anything other than play a "strong" team; we hardly had any subs at the weekend and then two more went off injured. 

Any sort of win (in 90 mins) would be a positive thing. For all the joking about it being a Uni side, they were a decent outfit last season, nearly pipped Spartans to top spot and gave Dundee United a good game in the Scottish Cup.

24 minutes ago, David W said:

It would have to go some to beat Conor Scullion injuring himself wimping out of a tackle on Saturday.

I don't see how we can do anything other than play a "strong" team; we hardly had any subs at the weekend and then two more went off injured. 

Any sort of win (in 90 mins) would be a positive thing. For all the joking about it being a Uni side, they were a decent outfit last season, nearly pipped Spartans to top spot and gave Dundee United a good game in the Scottish Cup.

There was talk that Stirling Uni are effectively a full time outfit as well, but I have no idea what sort of training schedule they are on.