Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Couldn't the board promote Duffy again to 'King of Clyde' or something? A role which involves him sitting on a Clyde crested throne as far from the stadium as is f***ing possible on match days? 

Paid position of course but no more need to stress himself out over how to spend the player budget. 

😂 laughing through the tears 😭 

Promoted a manager who couldn’t keep us up. 

Appoint a rookie manager and don’t give him an assistant. 

Retain numerous failed players from last year, some on 2 year deals. 

Poor recruitment, AGAIN. 

We’ve changed formations and tactics I don’t know how many times already this season. 

Mclean spoke about being the fittest team in the league at the owners meeting, we’re not. Spoke about players wanting simple instruction but anytime I’ve seen him on a touch line there’s little coming from him. 

We’ve already lost at home to Brechin, Bonnyrigg and Stirling Uni and it’s the only the middle of fucking August. 

If change isn’t made before Saturday, we are doomed. 

In a way, and I know how pathetic this is, I feel a wee emotional. Not that I’m sitting here greeting or anything but that felt like watching the death of the club (as if it hasn’t been heading this way over the past few years). A similar feeling to when an elderly relative dies.

I’m barely even angry, it wasn’t unexpected but it certainly does sting.

On 14/08/2023 at 22:44, JIMMY CHOO said:

Your living in the past.Wake up and acknowledge what is happening.We are on our way to the lowland league and I’m giving you years of warning but you can’t see it.We have the wrong board and the wrong football management team.We will get beat on Wednesday of that I have no doubt.

How dare you be so right……

4 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

We all knew this was coming so it’s hardly a surprise, but still, what an absolutely fucking disgraceful state of affairs the club finds itself in now.

Surely if this supposed investor has an ounce of common sense they’ll have done a runner by now, and if Duffy has the brass neck to still be there come Saturday then I hope he faces a lynch mob.

If anyone associated with the club in a position of authority is reading this thread tonight then kindly do the decent thing, resign with immediate effect and piss off.

Welcome back and I agree wholeheartedly with your post

Really sad to see all of this…I gave up my season ticket and “ownership” last year and haven’t missed either. I love my football but just couldn’t watch the decline in this Club. Much conversation about what happens next? Maybe the money man needs to step in, and try something otherwise the Club will be dead very soon. To trust a young manager with such a crucial season has been short sighted. Pay decent money for a manager and players before the transfer window closes, before NDP becomes a graveyard every other week. 

On 15/08/2023 at 20:21, JIMMY CHOO said:

Stirling are 2-1 and Clyde are even money.

get your dough on Stirling😎

Hi guys it was as predicted a shit show getting a football lesson from a university team and I would expect the board and the football management team to resign although I doubt they will.The club are now terminal and I continue to give you all the facts and I even gave you all the chance to make money as a consolation.I put £100 on Stirling university 😂That’s how bad it is.

Something needs to change.

First of all I need my head checked for going to that tonight, it was absolutely inevitable. As a few others have now stated that’s Brechin, Bonnyrigg and now Stirling Uni all beaten us at HOME without us ever looking like taking anything. Possibly the lowest crowd I’ve ever seen at a Clyde game too. I’m done with this shit.

The squad we have assembled is absolute howling. Peterhead will steamroller us on Saturday, fair play to ANYONE brave enough to go to that now.

Far too many soft as shite, naive wee boys, and absolute duds. We need 6 or 7 straight into the starting 11 quality players just to be competitive and at this stage that isn’t going to happen.

Im not going to pick apart tonight’s performance too much but too many of those boys just aren’t ready for senior football (and may never be) and I already never want to see Ross Forbes in a Clyde shirt again.

I’m away to see if Tommy Lee Jones can wipe the last 3 and a half hours from my memory.

Edited by Clyde01

37 minutes ago, Neilly said:

This Clyde squad on paper is lower end Lowland League/WOSFL top half.

Surely no one is surprised they were beaten off a top half Lowland League side?

There was a sickening inevitability about it. I don’t think anybody is remotely surprised. 

I’m now beginning to lose track of the amount of non league teams that have pumped us out one of cups - but the connotations of getting beat off a University team, after a relegation, a shocking League Cup campaign, a shocking transfer window, a baffling management structure and an insipid start to the league campaign arguably makes it our worst ever result. 

If the chairman is still adamant these losers are capable of mounting a promotion bid, then it’s just gaslighting at this point. Enough is enough. 

28 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

In a way, and I know how pathetic this is, I feel a wee emotional. Not that I’m sitting here greeting or anything but that felt like watching the death of the club (as if it hasn’t been heading this way over the past few years). A similar feeling to when an elderly relative dies.

Couldn’t agree more

Anyone at tonight’s game can’t have been surprised

Stirling were by far the better team and if they had scored a couple more it wouldn’t have flattered them

we only scored as one of their players slipped on the edge of the box to give scullion space but fair play was a good finish

Although as has been said bottom line is that all the younger players brought in are nowhere near good enough with the exception probably of Donachie and the experienced players that we have such as Forbes are clearly done.  His effort for Stirlings first goal was frankly embarrassing.  

I thought last years squad was bad but this is just a totally new level that haven’t seen in 40 years a bully wee fan

That coupled with the statue McLean standing on the touchline shows that he is just clearly out of his depth and think it is beyond him to rescue things  now

That 7 competitive games this season.  1 draw and 6 defeats.

We don’t look like we have a clue what we are doing but it was clear that Stirling had a plan together with a few decent players in no 6, 9 and 11.  We could do worse that sign their team

Thought it was apt that the announcer played the “tumbleweed” tune at the end

Edited by Bullyweeno1

41 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

It needn't be the death of the club though, that's the most frustrating thing about all of this. With the extra cash available to fund new players, if we could just convince the board to get rid of Duffy and appoint someone who knows what to do with the funds I think we'd have more than a fighting chance of doing reasonably well this season - perhaps even vying for promotion. 

It's up to us to persuade the board to act quickly though as if they wait a few weeks to see how things pan out the damage may already be too great to recover from. What would the chairman/board pay attention to? I imagine writing to them would have little effect so I guess that only leaves voting with our feet and boycotting (as a minimum) the next home league game against Peterhead with any Clyde fan involved notifying the club they are boycotting the game purely due to Duffy being in charge of the footballing side of the club and that we intend to stay away until Duffy is removed. 

After Saturday's game against Bonnyrigg I was angry and frustrated. It's only been one more match but, as with many others, I can't even work up the energy for that now, it's just too depressing.

We're now in a position where we need to sack Duffy, McLean, half the playing squad and then bring in replacements. And that's before we discuss changes in the boardroom. Even with more investment, we can't come close to affording that. 

As a couple of people mentioned, it is now genuinely embarrassing to be a Clyde fan. I never previously minded the wee jokes by colleagues about not recognising football because I watch Clyde but, for the last couple of years, I genuinely just pray no one asks me how we got on and the weekend. For the first time in my life I don't want to talk about Clyde, the club is just shameful. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Or should we turn up and use the season ticket, those that have one, then walk out at kickoff?

Who knows what’s best to do now? Sad state of affairs, chance to re-set this season and have totally blown it again. Either way I will not be there (club have my season ticket money anyway) unless either Duffy is gone or we have actually signed at least 4 proper players (I know we need more) that we know, recognise and will make us at least competitive.

One of the most galling aspects of all of this is that our Director of Football is saying...NOTHING. I genuinely feel really sorry for Brian McLean. He may not be fit for purpose either but talk about being thrown under a bus!

I would urge all Clyde fans to stay away from NDP this Saturday. If the crowd is less than a hundred that may be enough to prompt the Chairman/board into action. Assuming they understand the main reason we're not there is Duffy. 

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Or should we turn up and use the season ticket, those that have one, then walk out at kickoff?

Who knows what’s best to do now? Sad state of affairs, chance to re-set this season and have totally blown it again. Either way I will not be there (club have my season ticket money anyway) unless either Duffy is gone or we have actually signed at least 4 proper players (I know we need more) that we know, recognise and will make us at least competitive.

Clyde fc only had 14 fit players tonight and 2 of them are goalkeepers.To be fair our best players are injured.I doubt the club have the finances to sign more players and all the best players are signed with other clubs.My concern is Duffy tends to sign players from Dumbarton which explains why we are so bad.The style of football and poor squad will take us to the lowland league..