Clyde Season 23/24

8 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

It’s already too late. Everything you have said is spot on. Clyde is a great job for any experienced manager as it can only get better. Ian McCall gets my vote 

Ian McCall is an interesting one.

A man with a 39% win rate across his managerial career and historically doesn't start his stints at clubs well. 

This is the man to save Clyde from certain relegation?

7 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

A man with a 39% win rate across his managerial career and historically doesn't start his stints at clubs well. 

Ian McCall or Brian McLean now that’s a hard one to decide 

32 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

He's available he has experience and his win rate as you have quoted from a higher level...I'd say give him until the season end to keep us away from 10th.......happy to hear who you would bring in to keep us up.

14 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

He's available he has experience and his win rate as you have quoted from a higher level...I'd say give him until the season end to keep us away from 10th.......happy to hear who you would bring in to keep us up.

Nobody at the moment. It's clear Duffy was the issue. McLean should be given time to bring in his own targets. It is a massive week for him. 

Let's not forget Duffy was the "experience" option the last time. 

Just now, Cutty Sark said:

Nobody at the moment. It's clear Duffy was the issue. McLean should be given time to bring in his own targets. It is a massive week for him. 

The shit show is down to one man Gordon Thomson. How do we get this guy to resign. To be honest we can’t afford to have a honeymoon with Brian McLean.Make the managerial change now as that is priority number 1 .What more do you need to know we can’t go any lower until the end of the season where we will find ourselves in the lowland league and this chat will say how did that happen.

1 hour ago, Cutty Sark said:

You honestly think what we need right now is a rookie boss...who captained the club to relegation?

2 hours ago, Cutty Sark said:

He's still being paid by Thistle I believe so would it be financially worth his while even if he was invested? 

11 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Ian McCall would sort this mess out.He’s no shrinking violet 

McCall had a decent squad available last season and made an arse of it. He doesn't do coaching. He likes assistant's to do it for him. He is a busted flush.

13 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

McCall?  That would be nearly as bad a decision as the Duffy one was.  A bizarre suggestion.  

Not sure about that but you'd criticise anything I suggested....who would you suggest or are you in the camp of giving McClean time?

Maybe the coach of the under 14's at Glasgow Athletic could give some input to our football department?

For a start, this whole conversation is surely moot. I don't think Ian McCall would be interested in coming in to the team sitting bottom of League 2. Also given that he would have to work with the current group of players and wouldn't be able to assemble his own squad, it's just a mad shout.

Personally, I think it's always been glaringly obvious that McLean was the wrong choice. Add to that, having him in with Duffy breathing down his neck and no assistant was ludicrous. HOWEVER we're now stuck in a situation where a squad has been assembled, and an extremely poor one at that. I'm not sure who would want to come near the job at this point, other than the usual desperado's who you'd trust less than McLean. I think what will happen is the board will stick by McLean until his position becomes more than untenable, probably some time in late November after losing 7 games on the spin. By that point it'll be well too late to save us.

We've had so many chances over the past few seasons to have a real reset and every one has been passed up for whatever bullshit reason. I thought at the very least relegation would be the wake up call required that we needed to clear the decks but instead we've ended up in this absolutely horrendous position.

9 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

For a start, this whole conversation is surely moot. I don't think Ian McCall would be interested in coming in to the team sitting bottom of League 2. Also given that he would have to work with the current group of players and wouldn't be able to assemble his own squad, it's just a mad shout.

Personally, I think it's always been glaringly obvious that McLean was the wrong choice. Add to that, having him in with Duffy breathing down his neck and no assistant was ludicrous. HOWEVER we're now stuck in a situation where a squad has been assembled, and an extremely poor one at that. I'm not sure who would want to come near the job at this point, other than the usual desperado's who you'd trust less than McLean. I think what will happen is the board will stick by McLean until his position becomes more than untenable, probably some time in late November after losing 7 games on the spin. By that point it'll be well too late to save us.

We've had so many chances over the past few seasons to have a real reset and every one has been passed up for whatever bullshit reason. I thought at the very least relegation would be the wake up call required that we needed to clear the decks but instead we've ended up in this absolutely horrendous position.

All good points BC but I would also say that had the Board acted quicker and around the time the Chairman was grinning like a Cheshire cat over the donations... McCall would have had a fighting chance to get his own players in and have another go at the January window...for me all that is needed right now is survival this season, as we would have no chance over two legs with EK. Another crap piece of decision making by the Chairman.

Again, the proposed takeover may well (we saw no real details yet) not have been right for the Club.......but what is clear is that this current Board is not fit for purpose....but they have now put themselves under intense scrutiny.....continual claims they are the right people to run the club, statement that the donator will only work with them and according to John Alexander there's millions involved.........tick tock gentleman...time to prove your worth.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Not sure about that but you'd criticise anything I suggested....who would you suggest or are you in the camp of giving McClean time?

Maybe the coach of the under 14's at Glasgow Athletic could give some input to our football department?

You were not the only one suggesting McCall to replace "McClean" buttercup.  It's a wild suggestion IMO that would hardly unite a support already split,  should that be a decision that is needed to be made any time soon. 

I'd heard a rumour at the last home game about a potential new director; someone with a background very much in football who actually knows Clyde pretty well.

I daresay it's been put on the back-burner with the EGM stuff, plus I've not heard anyone else mention it.