Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

hopefully this information might be irrelevant by the time it comes around. 

CINCH LEAGUE 1 PLAY-OFFS

Tuesday May 7
cinch League 1 play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
4th in League 2 v 9th in League 1
3rd in League 2 v 2nd in League 2

Saturday May 11
cinch League 1 play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg
9th in League 1 v 4th in League 2
2nd in League 2 v 3rd in League 2

Tuesday May 14
cinch League 1 play-off final, 1st leg
Lowest-ranked team at home in 1st leg
Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 7.30pm

Friday May 17
cinch League 1 play-off final, 2nd leg
Highest-ranked team at home in 2nd leg
Live on BBC ALBA, kick-off 7.30pm

All the best for next Saturday guys. As an Alloa fan I hope you stay up and avoid the play offs.

I have enjoyed seeing the Alloa v Stirling derby back on our calendar it's been missing for far too long. I may be in the minority with the rest through here but best wishes and good luck. 

Even Rocky needed Apollo Creed and there is nothing wrong with a good football rivalry. 

Owen 

On 28/04/2024 at 09:42, Oweny said:

All the best for next Saturday guys. As an Alloa fan I hope you stay up and avoid the play offs.

I have enjoyed seeing the Alloa v Stirling derby back on our calendar it's been missing for far too long. I may be in the minority with the rest through here but best wishes and good luck. 

Even Rocky needed Apollo Creed and there is nothing wrong with a good football rivalry. 

Owen 

Thanks @Oweny

I still believe that we will be fine 

Confident without being arrogant.

C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪 💪 

The last time the 2 teams met, I genuinely believed that we were a club on the up and we were building all aspects of it in a positive trajectory…….how wrong I was!!

45 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

The last time the 2 teams met, I genuinely believed that we were a club on the up and we were building all aspects of it in a positive trajectory…….how wrong I was!!

Retained too many of the old guard who've jaded badly throughout the season 

The club have recently announced that Season Ticket holders will be allowed free entry into the 2nd Leg of the Dumbarton tie.

What a fantastic gesture by the club and let’s hope similar numbers to Saturday make it along.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The club have recently announced that Season Ticket holders will be allowed free entry into the 2nd Leg of the Dumbarton tie.

What a fantastic gesture by the club and let’s hope similar numbers to Saturday make it along.

A more generous gesture would have been winning against Annan yesterday.

1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

A more generous gesture would have been winning against Annan yesterday.

We'd all have preferred that but it's a nice touch.

I'm hoping we get good numbers through on Tuesday.

To have 3 such important games in the space of a week is going to hugely mentally tough on the players

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

We'd all have preferred that but it's a nice touch.

I'm hoping we get good numbers through on Tuesday.

To have 3 such important games in the space of a week is going to hugely mentally tough on the players

Our best chance of staying up was a single goal ie yesterday.  We now face potentially 4 games,  winning in 2. That is a big ask. Have the league 2 sides had a chance to rest players? This time last year Annan skelped Dumbarton 6-0 in 1st game. Dumbarton will be up for it.

Have just looked at stats for season . I would say they are reasonable, except goals for.

13 hours ago, Binos said:

Retained too many of the old guard who've jaded badly throughout the season 

Tiredness has been a problem for you guys. On the bright side I heard next season your strip sponsors are red bull

7 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Tired of your tedious shite 

Sorry you are right enough although it was obvious for ages your club was in trouble.  You guys have been sleep walking into trouble 

9 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Our best chance of staying up was a single goal ie yesterday.  We now face potentially 4 games,  winning in 2. That is a big ask. Have the league 2 sides had a chance to rest players? This time last year Annan skelped Dumbarton 6-0 in 1st game. Dumbarton will be up for it.

Have just looked at stats for season . I would say they are reasonable, except goals for.

Our last two play-offs have been over by half-time in the semi-final first leg, so there will be no boastful expectations from Sons fans.

Also, whilst the Binos had a dismal run in, you have been playing higher quality opposition than League Two teams and we need to be aware of that.

On our day we are decent enough but everyone needs to be at it from the first whistle.

11 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

100% that was our best chance.

It's going to be incredibly difficult now.

Pretty sure Dumbarton got to rotate a bit on Saturday.

I'm clinging to the hope that we can raise ourselves again. This will probably be as tense as our last game in Dumbarton. I'd be happy with 0 0 again and hope to win at Forthbank.

I fancy going to the game on Saturday as the playoffs are superb.

Will the Young's ultras be in the South Terrace or the West Stand? Fancy standing but not if its the ultra section.

On 06/05/2024 at 08:13, Higgenarse said:

Sorry you are right enough although it was obvious for ages your club was in trouble.  You guys have been sleep walking into trouble 

Good point. Well made. 

Now f**k off. 

17 minutes ago, jessmagic said:

I fancy going to the game on Saturday as the playoffs are superb.

Will the Young's ultras be in the South Terrace or the West Stand? Fancy standing but not if its the ultra section.

Highly recommend it. We were down for the Annan game. All be it in hospitality (best lower league one I’ve done) 

the ultras where in the south terrace on Saturday they were up near the east stand side of it.

imaging will be the same again with Dumbarton in the east stand