Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There appear to be 3 Stirling Albion threads on the go at the minute, 2 in here and 1 in the League 2 forum. Good luck.

I’ve caught it on the other thread.

Don’t half feel sorry for Derek Gaston if he was lead to believe that DC and Pink were coming in. He’s had a tough year - poor guy. 

😂

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It really is mind boggling stuff. If I’ve managed to decipher all the posts correctly…

Stirling Albion punted Young because they thought Dick Campbell would jump ship to them, panicked when he quite rightly patched it and decided to appoint Chris Aitken (which is an absolutely bizarre appointment), the board then shat it when the news leaked and there was a negative reaction and will no doubt now appoint one of the names continously mentioned on here? What a shit show. I’m used to my club being run like a bin fire but that takes the biscuit. Who makes up the board at SA? 

The funny thing is, Dick Campbell aside, out of all the names mentioned so far/about to be appointed I’d rather have Darren Young over any of them. His sacking seemed harsh at the time but it just looks daft now.

I'm not sure if that was directly related to Darren's sacking or not. There was other needless grief going on that may account for that. It was still stupid whatever reasoning went into it.  At least this lot have finally had a practical education in just how attractive to successful managers  we really are.  The only  reason we got Darren in the first place, was because our ousted chairman met him at a function and talked him into coming and the exec board approved his appointment.  He never even applied for the job.

Of course an event like that could never happen now, because the Exec board can't take a piss without the trust board's consent.  They call this lunacy better governance and working together.   

A shit show is probably an understatement.  

I'm definitely not in the know but when Dick joined us he said it was the third time he'd been offered the East Fife job and now was the right time, he said he has a soft spot for The Fife. He's also a friend of our chairman.

We had a supporters evening with Pink last Monday and he said he and Dick would've probably retired if they hadn't taken the EF job.

What made Stirling think he would walk away from us to them ? Budgets are probably similar and what did they tell Gaston ?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

I'm definitely not in the know but when Dick joined us he said it was the third time he'd been offered the East Fife job and now was the right time, he said he has a soft spot for The Fife. He's also a friend of our chairman.

We had a supporters evening with Pink last Monday and he said he and Dick would've probably retired if they hadn't taken the EF job.

What made Stirling think he would walk away from us to them ? Budgets are probably similar and what did they tell Gaston ?

Pretty certain Dick had already knocked us back before Monday.  There are people at this club who think we have some super attraction for good managers and they have just found out the hard way that we don't.  Nobody knows what Gaston did or didn't know.  We'd went bye bye to two keepers and Gaston was immediately brought in by a club with no manager.  He's done nothing wrong and Dick and Pink aren't going anywhere.  I doubt their part ever went beyond listening politely. All that's really been confirmed in this is their commitment to East Fife.

Edited by WC Boggs

4 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Pretty certain Dick had already knocked us back before Monday.  There are people at this club who think we have some super attraction for good managers and they have just found out the hard way that we don't.  Nobody knows what Gaston did or didn't know.  We'd went bye bye to two keepers and Gaston was immediately brought in by a club with no manager.  He's done nothing wrong and Dick and Pink aren't going anywhere.  I doubt their part ever went beyond listening politely.

That probably sums it up accurately.

Confirmation now that Dunny is also away (joined Cowdenbeath). Probably no surprise after going on loan to Bonnyrigg last season .

Wish him well in Fife

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Confirmation now that Dunny is also away (joined Cowdenbeath). Probably no surprise after going on loan to Bonnyrigg last season .

Wish him well in Fife

What sort of player is he? I've seen the name many times but didn't even know his position until just now!

19 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

What sort of player is he? I've seen the name many times but didn't even know his position until just now!

Right midfielder who can fill in at right back.

Unexciting but dependable winger. He's one of those that I can't say one particular thing he's great at but no huge weaknesses either.

Sure he will do a more than decent job at that level

Dunsmore was the type of player you don't really notice for 89 minutes but then will pop up out of nowhere and score a vital goal. Kinda sad to see him go, would be a good option for us in L2 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

He'll do fine for you. No wizard of dribble, but he can cross a ball and hit the back of the net given a chance.  Pabs Maclean will do well for you too.  Anybody else you fancy?  We're losing players like an old BSA Road Rocket of mine used to lose oil.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

He'll do fine for you. No wizard of dribble, but he can cross a ball and hit the back of the net given a chance.  Pabs Maclean will do well for you too.  Anybody else you fancy?  We're losing players like an old BSA Road Rocket of mine used to lose oil.

Would take a keeper and a goalscorer. Thanks.

1 minute ago, WattersIsGod said:

We've no goalies to spare but i heard a slightly used Greig Spence is available....

He’s signed for East Stirlingshire mate

On 02/06/2024 at 07:36, Beachcomber said:

I doubt anyone at Stirling thought he would leave you and move to Stirling.My guess is that someone just made that up.