Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

The under 20’s will struggle to make up the rest of the team as the club have restructured the youth academy for next season. Instead of having 3 teams 16’s, 18’s and 20’s they will only have a 20’s playing in the Lowland Development league working with less numbers to try and bring young players through. 

Unfortunately Lewis Milne still hasn't left 😕 

Still struggling with the hurt of last season's disaster...we were the masters of our own downfall 😞 

However this board, lack of communication, is shocking... no interest in the supporters unless wanting money from us... finding out through individual social media accounts who's going...it's scary  ... these guys deserved better just like the supporters...they won us a title... 

We are in serious trouble at the minute...no manager . No sqaud .. no leadership in the boardroom.  .

Serious questions need asked...but we will hear nothing until they want money from us.... not renewing supporters trust this year as again it's pointless as no feedback & doubt i will be travelling to Peterhead.. Elgin .Stranraer this upcoming season.... absolutely gutted at the state of our club.... board need to get serious... taking feedback from Jimmy Bone in his 70's & Jim Jeffries in his 130's.... who's next...a young Joe Biden 🤔 

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

Unfortunately Lewis Milne still hasn't left 😕 

Still struggling with the hurt of last season's disaster...we were the masters of our own downfall 😞 

However this board, lack of communication, is shocking... no interest in the supporters unless wanting money from us... finding out through individual social media accounts who's going...it's scary  ... these guys deserved better just like the supporters...they won us a title... 

We are in serious trouble at the minute...no manager . No sqaud .. no leadership in the boardroom.  .

Serious questions need asked...but we will hear nothing until they want money from us.... not renewing supporters trust this year as again it's pointless as no feedback & doubt i will be travelling to Peterhead.. Elgin .Stranraer this upcoming season.... absolutely gutted at the state of our club.... board need to get serious... taking feedback from Jimmy Bone in his 70's & Jim Jeffries in his 130's.... who's next...a young Joe Biden 🤔 

Maybe if you had bothered to read the clubs latest update dated the 29th May,then you wouldn't have written that load of rubbish.

Attacking experienced people like Jimmy Bone and Jim Jeffries because of their age is pretty much over the top.Grow up!

4 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Maybe if you had bothered to read the clubs latest update dated the 29th May,then you wouldn't have written that load of rubbish.

Attacking experienced people like Jimmy Bone and Jim Jeffries because of their age is pretty much over the top.Grow up!

I did read the statement...the statement they put out after concerns were raised why players were announcing leaving, thanking the supporters & management staff on their own personal social media accounts 

Nothing from the club because they knew that it would cause a backlash from the supporters... a kneejerk cull of the management team, medical staff, leaving us trailing way behind our now 2nd division opponents before a ball is kicked... without even having a squad to start with...yet before that statement they wanted us all to watch out for ball 26 😡

My concerns over Bone & Jefferies are my own personal opinion...just like you have yours..... my reason being is length of time they have been away from the game...it's a totally different game to back then.... & we all know the connection & why they are giving free consultationry advice.... we are miles behind.... thats my concerns...is that such a load of rubbish..... take your head out of the sand!!!!

I have no issues with views or opinions...including yourself... mine haven't changed, nor my frustrations in relation to the media, way our squad has just been decimated, board decisions, trust board silence, no manager, no leadership, no coaching staff, 

You know & majority of supporters know that the silence was deafening before that statement on the 29th.... & i gaurentee you that only came out through pressure,demands of numerous emails directly to the club, the concerns raised are real & not going away, but let's hope they get this one right or we will be in big trouble & that's why it hurts, I've seen it before withthebino's, lived through it, came out the other side, i just don't think we could do it again, that trap door to the lowland league isn't quite as easy to get out of...look at previous teams going back to the shire, Berwick, Brechin, Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers, 

My concerns are facts IMO not rubbish as in your opinion 

2 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I never thought any Stirling Albion statement would make me laugh but putting in the player nicknames and Kyle Banner ‘Banner’ was sensational content 😂😂😂

The statement only came out due to the amount of emails received by the club from concerned supporters... they just hoped it would go away, however players thanking supporters in personnel accounts showed the club to have got things wrong, the use of players nicknames was crimgeworthy "as quoted Banner for Kyle Banner" 😆😆

Over 200 appearances & a title winner, just left to inform the supporters himself.... 

The club sadly treating us like mugs, no leadership at all & more insider leaks than the West stand lavvies 

2 hours ago, QoS99 said:

How was Josh McPake for you guys last season?

Fine, once somebody explained to him that those other guys running around in red shirts, were there for him to pass the ball to. 

All very quiet with who your new boss will be?Is their any names getting thrown about,big rebuild it looks like for whoever is coming in.

11 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

I did read the statement...the statement they put out after concerns were raised why players were announcing leaving, thanking the supporters & management staff on their own personal social media accounts 

Nothing from the club because they knew that it would cause a backlash from the supporters... a kneejerk cull of the management team, medical staff, leaving us trailing way behind our now 2nd division opponents before a ball is kicked... without even having a squad to start with...yet before that statement they wanted us all to watch out for ball 26 😡

As regards the exit of so many players and the club doctor, not so much a cull as an exodus. Certainly not over a mass desire for pastures new as painted by the board's resident spin doctor.  In fact about a betrayal of trust with everything said in the dressing room and the dugout getting relayed back to the club chairman.  This resulting in an angry dressing room,  an even angrier team manager and a final blow up over the issue on the day of the Stirling V Dumbarton home match.

A new board was appointed two years ago, with precisely zero experience of running a football club between them.  They inherited a finally admitted bank balance of 440k.  A promotion winning manager. A promotion winning squad. A highlights package the envy of every other part time club in the SPFL.  A takeover which was responded to by the first player revolt in the club's history in support of an executive they had good relations with.  

In just two seasons they've pissed everything away, feel accountable about nothing, are transparent about nothing, but you know what? I don't really blame them. I don't really blame the trust war board who entrusted a bunch of rank amateurs with the club's future.  I blame the trust membership, for voting a known trust war board back in and letting it all happen.  In the process getting their own teeth pulled and their balls amputated.   So, no calls for revolution here. It is what it is.  Really just waiting now for the greatest website the football world has ever seen, that will make it all seem worthwhile.  Sad that it hurts positive minded people like Beepee, but I stopped caring nearly two years ago.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

All very quiet with who your new boss will be?Is their any names getting thrown about,big rebuild it looks like for whoever is coming in.

Very quiet, however the latest statement from the board states that there have been "a significant number of applicants" and that they are interviewing 4 of those candidates this week and it's hoped an appointment would be made "swiftly thereafter"....so hopefully we will hear something over the next few days. As for any names getting thrown about, nothing that I have heard. There's been a bit of guessing by a couple of supporters but nothing that has really stuck. I think in general, Darren Young hadn't lost the support, so there's no fan clamber for any one person, more an attitude of "ok, show us it was worth while" and we await in anticipation. 

A big rebuild is needed now, yip, but an experienced man would probably enjoy that. He has the room to bring in his own staff and his own players, and with the 6 or 7 players that we do have signed up, he has a good foundation to start from.

It's very much, wait and see

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

As regards the exit of so many players and the club doctor, not so much a cull as an exodus. Certainly not over a mass desire for pastures new as painted by the board's resident spin doctor.  In fact about a betrayal of trust with everything said in the dressing room and the dugout getting relayed back to the club chairman.  This resulting in an angry dressing room,  an even angrier team manager and a final blow up over the issue on the day of the Stirling V Dumbarton home match.

A new board was appointed two years ago, with precisely zero experience of running a football club between them.  They inherited a finally admitted bank balance of 440k.  A promotion winning manager. A promotion winning squad. A highlights package the envy of every other part time club in the SPFL.  A takeover which was responded to by the first player revolt in the club's history in support of an executive they had good relations with.  

In just two seasons they've pissed everything away, feel accountable about nothing, are transparent about nothing, but you know what? I don't really blame them. I don't really blame the trust war board who entrusted a bunch of rank amateurs with the club's future.  I blame the trust membership, for voting a known trust war board back in and letting it all happen.  In the process getting their own teeth pulled and their balls amputated.   So, no calls for revolution here. It is what it is.  Really just waiting now for the greatest website the football world has ever seen, that will make it all seem worthwhile.  Sad that it hurts positive minded people like Beepee, but I stopped caring nearly two years ago.

@WC Boggs i fully agree with you, seen it unfold just as you have stated, I'm just not as good wording it like yourself 🤣🤣

MrBeeno might be offended though 🙈

I got suckered in last year believing we would be ok, call it hope,love, blinkered, I'm guilty as charged, I was trying to be positive above anything else we could survive.... all to aware of what contacts were telling me about dressing room unrest & chairman interference, he said she said in the club offices, trust board with the emphasis on trust being overlooked by alot of said amateur appointments.... then hiding behind silence... I firmly believe that the silence & shutdown of any communication was because of fear of a blow up...them waiting for it all to blow over.... now we are paying the cost of it...a hurried club statement after they were inundated with emails asking questions, 

I have no idea what state we are going to be in come the start of the season 

Relegation hurt, was absolutely shattered & took a bit of time away.....I  am hurting again with all this going on in the background...we need looked at from the very top, questions asked & answers... at present we have no manager, no structure, no plan, no squad, we are so far behind the rest of Div 2.... it's a slippery slope, a new manager or a couple of free transfers isn't going to be a quick fix, or fobbing us off with a media exclusive on our backward media website we are ball 26... but couldn't have the decency to thank, update, respect our title winning management & players departing the club....absolutely shocking....

I am not holding my breath, not renewing my trust membership either, no confidence from me. Again that's just my own opinion.....it's worrying times 

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

5 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

I got suckered in last year believing we would be ok, call it hope,love, blinkered, I'm guilty as charged, I was trying to be positive above anything else we could survive.... all to aware of what contacts were telling me about dressing room unrest & chairman interference, he said she said in the club offices, trust board with the emphasis on trust being overlooked by alot of said amateur appointments.... then hiding behind silence... I firmly believe that the silence & shutdown of any communication was because of fear of a blow up...them waiting for it all to blow over.... now we are paying the cost of it...a hurried club statement after they were inundated with emails asking questions, 

Relegation hurt, was absolutely shattered & took a bit of time away.....I  am hurting again with all this going on in the background...we need looked at from the very top, questions asked & answers... at present we have no manager, no structure, no plan, no squad, we are so far behind the rest of Div 2.... it's a slippery slope, a new manager or a couple of free transfers isn't going to be a quick fix, or fobbing us off with a media exclusive on our backward media website we are ball 26... but couldn't have the decency to thank, update, respect our title winning management & players departing the club....absolutely shocking....

I am not holding my breath, not renewing my trust membership either, no confidence from me. Again that's just my own opinion.....it's worrying times 

These are things that I haven't heard, however it seems that all is not well behind the scenes again. More fans need to hear what these rumours are, as the majority are in the dark like me.

As for renewing my Trust membership, I'll not be now. I've always been a Trust member but I am fed up paying my money for nothing. I know it's not a lot but I may as well  make a donation to a well worth charity than give it to the Trust.

5 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

@WC Boggs i fully agree with you, seen it unfold just as you have stated, I'm just not as good wording it like yourself 🤣🤣

MrBeeno might be offended though 🙈

It's not a hanging offence to be positive Beepee. It's just a harder wallop if things go south that's all.  It's not a hanging offence to feel negative either if people see cause.  I  have twice heard from people that the squad lost heart after Christmas.  Somebody even said that on here a while back.  When I ask what happened at Christmas they just clam up.  

Try not to panic mate, it's not good, but it's not certain doom either.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

These are things that I haven't heard, however it seems that all is not well behind the scenes again. More fans need to hear what these rumours are, as the majority are in the dark like me.

As for renewing my Trust membership, I'll not be now. I've always been a Trust member but I am fed up paying my money for nothing. I know it's not a lot but I may as well  make a donation to a well worth charity than give it to the Trust.

It would help if multiple people revealing things that happened privately would do it publicly. I get why they won't, but few will believe what they don't want to hearing it second or third hand.   Most want any hint of  major internal shenanigans to just go away. I can understand that too. Unfortunately that doesn't make it any less real and so here we are.   I'm just hoping we can land a manager with some lower league gravitas, because we really need one right now.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

Aitken over Maybury - who at least has recent managerial experience and success in the division - is an interesting call

I'm postponing any hysterical laughter until this is officially confirmed to be true or not.

6 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I'm postponing any hysterical laughter until this is officially confirmed to be true or not.

Even a politician couldn’t spin this as a good appointment, at this stage, mate.

2nd bottom with Kilwinning Rangers…..great!!