Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

15 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

There's a good player in Lewis Milne somewhere, we just never knew how to use him. I think being in League 2 and Leitch being away, we'll see the best of him in an Albion shirt next season. He was great at the start of last season, then just drifted into a kind of nothing player who hardly contributed anything. That said, had he been out of contract this summer, I wouldn't exactly have been heartbroken to see him go. 

Yes to a point, when the team were on top he could look good, when the team had to fight he went missing in action. Didn't think it had to do with the way he was being used, more to do with what he had in him.

21 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

There's a good player in Lewis Milne somewhere, we just never knew how to use him. I think being in League 2 and Leitch being away, we'll see the best of him in an Albion shirt next season. He was great at the start of last season, then just drifted into a kind of nothing player who hardly contributed anything. That said, had he been out of contract this summer, I wouldn't exactly have been heartbroken to see him go. 

Think his last 2 seasons in league 2 he got promoted both times with us and then Montrose in back to back seasons and was brilliant both seasons.

26 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Think his last 2 seasons in league 2 he got promoted both times with us and then Montrose in back to back seasons and was brilliant both seasons.

Unfortunately we got the garbage Lewis Milne.... please feel free to take him back 

No excuses for him...never got dirty all season...never tackled all season...never scored all season....passenger every time he was on the park...we had a young guy Ewan Wilson on loan from Motherwell, always put a good honest shift in going forward & defensively...but sadly his parent club pulled short his loan because DY insisted on playing Milne hoping he'd fit in, but it never happened, it's not rocket science but if he hadn't signed a 2 yr contract he'd have been punted... but we are stuck with him 😡 

I think in all honesty Lewis Milne is a good League 2 player when he has a decent squad around him. He's had enough cracks at league 1 to show he's good enough, on the whole you could say he's failed.

Posted (edited)

Jack Leitch & Jojo, the latest “big names” to sign on at East Kilbride.

The Jojo one hurts, really hurts. I though he was someone that AM could have built his team around. 

2b47d4ea-6189-4be9-b18f-b2a5e5d3ab4d.jpeg

e0ca3536-10b2-4a62-a5be-09a81a0b6ecc.jpeg

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

The Jojo one hurts, really hurts. I though he was someone that AM could have built his team around. 

Turns out AM hasn’t even had the courtesy to contact him to ask him to stay 

Alasdair Dunn releases a statement about nothing...ongoing discussions with the brain's trust of Kennedy & Bone in regards to players & backroom staff..... announcements in the next couple of weeks......REALLY 😡

The season will be starting sooner than later.....

& in his statement he couldn't say oh & btw that's Leitch & Jojo off to East Kilbride 😡

This mob in charge are killing us 

No confidence in the board or trust ...this is unacceptable 

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Sounds like a gain for us, delighted to have them at East Kilbride.

Personally thought JoJo was particularly poor in the second half of the season, but may have been worth offering him another year for League 2 given we might not be able to bring much better in. Not surprised about Moore going given the lack of playing time this year. Would be quite happy with McGeachie and Cooper staying on

1 hour ago, #GSC said:

Turns out AM hasn’t even had the courtesy to contact him to ask him to stay 

Wow, that’s incredibly disappointing if true as he’ll be a hard act to replace at this level. Good luck to him, hope he’s happy as he’s been a good servant to us and really put his body on the line at times.

Well I’m bracing myself for a squad made up of unsuccessful SPL and Championship Development Squad players making up our team next season, you can see it coming a mile off. 

25 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

When you see who the players are signing for, it shows you what a great job Darren Young did in winning League 2 but also what a terrible decision it was from him to think the same squad was good enough for League 1.

Do you really think they didn’t get other offers ? 

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

Alasdair Dunn releases a statement about nothing...ongoing discussions with the brain's trust of Kennedy & Bone in regards to players & backroom staff..... announcements in the next couple of weeks......REALLY 😡

The season will be starting sooner than later.....

& in his statement he couldn't say oh & btw that's Leitch & Jojo off to East Kilbride 😡

This mob in charge are killing us 

No confidence in the board or trust ...this is unacceptable 

Very poor by the board regarding communications and good luck to the outgoing players. Will they get Black Rooster discount at EK/KFC? McLean & Clark are the only ones I regret leaving.

Think it was Beepee who mentioned Ewan Wilson, now a league winner at Beith FC - 13 games, 2 goals, 2 assists and one MOTM. Would have him back if we could with Crane at LB possibly instead of midfield.

The team needed a complete overhaul IMO - the way it has been done is shocking though.

6 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

I’ve no idea. I’m only going on the fact that at least five players from a relegated League 1 team have signed for non-league clubs.

We’ll both jack and jojo had other offers from league one teams , but when you’re part time it all comes down to geography  and your first job, 

17 minutes ago, #GSC said:

We’ll both jack and jojo had other offers from league one teams , but when you’re part time it all comes down to geography  and your first job, 

And money.

14 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Three more gone anywhere but here. Step up chairman Dunn. Was the info you got from your dressing room and dugout snitch relay really worth this?  Well was it?  Take responsibility!  Show accountability!  How about a nice convivial meet the board night?  I promise I'll come, just loaded with questions.

You keep alluding to board/player fall outs, manager fall outs and snitches.

Why don't you just speak plainly and tell those of us not in the know, what it is you know?