Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

Happy with the signing of Harley Ewen. Like Denham, I've never seen him play however he's at a good age and has come from a good back ground in the game and has experienced the pressures of First Team football in the Lowland League. Cumbernauld Colts had a successful season again last year and with him coming away with the Player of the Year award, is really positive and I suspect he probably wasn't short of offers.

I said it a month or so ago, that I suspect this squad will be more Youthful and will be made up of people from SPL and Championship Development squads and that does seem to be the case so far, but it's good that the 2 brought in so far also have First Team experience.

11 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Yeah seen that...only 19 still a bit raw...hopefully he settles quickly...thats 3 defender's we have now....Geach to look after them 

4, if you count Callum Crane as a left back...

1 hour ago, Forth Banker said:

4, if you count Callum Crane as a left back...

I don't know how Maybury will set up...Crane can also play in midfield & is decent...I was hoping we might have a punt at bringing young Flynn Duffy back to the club since his release from Dundee Utd...he's familiar with the stadium & did pretty well for us during his loan period...

Irrespective of what position Crane fits into the system under Maybury we still need more in all positions... 

Sam Denham is only 21 & Harley Even is only 19...they might have potential but they are still young & raw i imagine, so will need a bit of time, as will all the new signings but more so particularly the younger ones 

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

I was hoping we might have a punt at bringing young Flynn Duffy back to the club since his release from Dundee Utd...he's familiar with the stadium & did pretty well for us during his loan period...

I wondered if that would be an option for Maybury as well, Left Backs appear to be in short supply and he also did well at this level with Peterhead. I would have thought he'd be someone in his thoughts and I think it would be another positive signing.

26 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I wondered if that would be an option for Maybury as well, Left Backs appear to be in short supply and he also did well at this level with Peterhead. I would have thought he'd be someone in his thoughts and I think it would be another positive signing.

Agreed.

I'm definitely a fan of his too.

Yeah a solid enough signing for this level on paper. He got 5 goals in 7 (10) for Alloa last season but hasn't been massively prolific anywhere. We are his 14th club in 10 seasons, so hasn't stuck around anywhere for very long. Good luck to him regardless, hope he does the business.

The addition of Roy is, wait and see for me. Potentially it could be really really good but as has been said above, he’s career has been a bit of a mixed bag.

When he was with our u18’s, I was fortunate enough to have seen quite a bit of that side, and he was a standout player. When the move to Hearts came about, I wasn’t surprised and expected him to kick on. He’s had a number of clubs since then, and hasn’t set the heather alight by the look of things.

What I would say though, is that he really impressed me at Forthbank last season in the 2-0 defeat against Alloa. If that’s his levels now, then he’ll be a good addition. It goes without saying that I hope this turns out to be the case.

On 19/06/2024 at 23:27, WC Boggs said:

Bud has served the club long and well, that's very sad to hear.

Young Chris played a game at Caledonian Locomotives last season before his time at Glencairn. Good set up there 

under Manager Joe Pryce. And they do have an experienced Goalie Coach to take him onto the levels required for the League. 

Bud is a great guy and a gentleman. I am sure another Club would be keen to get him on their backroom staff. These things 

do happy when a new Manager is appointed. I wish both every success.

4 hours ago, coach said:

Young Chris played a game at Caledonian Locomotives last season before his time at Glencairn. Good set up there 

under Manager Joe Pryce. And they do have an experienced Goalie Coach to take him onto the levels required for the League. 

Bud is a great guy and a gentleman. I am sure another Club would be keen to get him on their backroom staff. These things 

do happy when a new Manager is appointed. I wish both every success.

A pity the soulless wonders in charge haven't  publicly thanked him for his service and wished him  every success.  

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

A pity the soulless wonders in charge haven't  publicly thanked him for his service and wished him  every success.  

Agreed. I’m still waiting on an announcement about Leitch, Moore and McGregor leaving. Unless I missed it. 

Club must be minted with no season ticket announcement yet. 

Our communication department is shocking...absolutely no connection with the supporters...& as previously mentioned nothing about season tickets yet...

They clearly know & have openly admitted that improvements are needed in the PR & communication aspect of the club... it's borderline shambolic 

If they at least reach out with an announcement about season tickets..coming soon...how they value our support & commitment to the club......if any of that helps sell 1 or 2 more season tickets then it's better than nothing...with no communication with the support people will drift away & who could blame them.... 

We are miles behind & continue to be so....the procrastination is clearly evident.... what is going on with OUR club 

Anyone else planning on going to the friendly in Broxburn on Saturday? Will be interesting to see who actually is playing and their setup! Will also be interesting if they actually try 'promote' the game at all given their current 5* social media game.

How on earth can you not have season tickets on sale at this stage? Absolutely ridiculous.

Fans being treated like mugs. The fans don't deserve it (apart from Stewarty) but everything about this club deserves the barren wasteland of the Lowland League.

Can't believe your season tickets aren't on sale and there's less than 3 weeks until the start of the season (I know ST's won't cover the league cup but still.....).  How do you set a playing budget for the manager if you don't know how many season ticket holders you're going to have?

Rovers have shown over the last year how engaging with fans through social media can have a fantastic effect on the level of support.  Sure, our improvement on the pitch helped but even at the start of the season our crowds were way up.

It costs nothing to provide decent updates to the fans (even if it's just to say news coming soon) and must be a bit worrying for Binos fans.  Hopefully a nice healthy Rovers support on 13th July helps a little.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

How on earth can you not have season tickets on sale at this stage? Absolutely ridiculous.

Fans being treated like mugs. The fans don't deserve it (apart from Stewarty) but everything about this club deserves the barren wasteland of the Lowland League.

What is all the panic about season tickets?The league doesn't start until August and the fixtures are not even out yet.Im pretty certain they wont sell out.