Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

28 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Looks good on first viewing. A wee post on twitter/x would be good as well. 

Will they answer emails though? I don't have a Season Ticket sticker on my seat yet and the dug outs need deep cleaned (although that might be Active Stirling's job) 😀

46 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Will they answer emails though? I don't have a Season Ticket sticker on my seat yet and the dug outs need deep cleaned (although that might be Active Stirling's job) 😀

You could always nab one from a seat nearby. There are always seats with stickers on them but haven’t had a season ticket holder sat in it for a couple years. 

5 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

You could always nab one from a seat nearby. There are always seats with stickers on them but haven’t had a season ticket holder sat in it for a couple years. 

Good plan, will sort it at next home game. I've moved seats, was in Row K and kept getting people in Row J wanting to stand up in front of me. "Do you mind if we stand up (and block your view)?" AYE, naw, ffs.

Now that the league cup group games are over it's down to league business next Saturday 

On this occasion i feel these 4 games we had were a good thing for us in terms of team bonding & building on style of play the gaffer wants to implement 

IMO & again it's just my own personal thoughts 

I think that we have a solid keeper in Gatson 

Still need another 1 or 2 defenders for RB or who can play across the back 4 or fit into a 3 

Definitely need at least 1 winger who can go past a man & another experienced midfielder who can dictate play & comfortable on the ball 

No disrespect but we are pretty thin on the bench with mainly development kids...a bit of depth would be helpful once the inevitable injuries come along 

Would be nice to have Davidson back & would also be nice if the question could be put to the gaffer for an update...

Milne I'm not too bothered about, again just my opinion, doesn't cut it in a bino's shirt 

Josh Cooper was initially training with Dunfermline but nothing more, I'd be delighted if he made a return,

Hopefully we get a couple of signings in this week before the season starts & preferably with a bit of experience 

Here's hoping 🙏 

Off to the athletics stadium next week... lets hope we can get our season off to a good start

C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪 💪

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Josh Cooper was initially training with Dunfermline but nothing more, I'd be delighted if he made a return,

Hopefully we get a couple of signings in this week before the season starts & preferably with a bit of experience 

Here's hoping 🙏 

Off to the athletics stadium next week... lets hope we can get our season off to a good start

C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪 💪

I liked Cooper but not sure if that's the type we need. I like the young players but maybe a few older heads 🤞 As long as we don't get McPake back on loan.

Looking forward to Edinburgh. I don't mind the stadium -  a few laps, some long jumps and home made cakes from the local school and a comfy seat in the back row. 🥁 🎺 🇦🇹

24 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I liked Cooper but not sure if that's the type we need. I like the young players but maybe a few older heads 🤞 As long as we don't get McPake back on loan.

Looking forward to Edinburgh. I don't mind the stadium -  a few laps, some long jumps and home made cakes from the local school and a comfy seat in the back row. 🥁 🎺 🇦🇹

McPake was great for us in a season which turned into being absolutely shite. Would take him back in a heart beat but he’s far too good for League 2. 

3 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

McPake was great for us in a season which turned into being absolutely shite. Would take him back in a heart beat but he’s far too good for League 2. 

He was decent but don't think he had a team ethic. He's about League 1 level IMO - has bombed at Saints so far and don't think he made the bench today so who knows.

8 minutes ago, SA45 said:

has bombed at Saints so far and don't think he made the bench today so who knows.

Aye. He was atrocious away to Alloa on Tuesday night and subbed at half time.

No mention that I've seen of an injury and he was left out today while Taylor Steven came on (and got an assist).

Not sure what the future holds for him now but for some reason we gave him a 2yr deal.

9 minutes ago, SA45 said:

He was decent but don't think he had a team ethic. He's about League 1 level IMO - has bombed at Saints so far and don't think he made the bench today so who knows.

A wee bit harsh to say he has bombed at the Saints. He has only recently joined them and still effectively pre-season. It's a step up for him and he is part of a bigger squad as well. Sure he scored in a game for them a few weeks ago. He was definitely a bit ball greedy but at times he had no option. 

3 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Would be nice to have Davidson back & would also be nice if the question could be put to the gaffer for an update...

Milne I'm not too bothered about, again just my opinion, doesn't cut it in a bino's shirt 

Maybury gave an update recently after one of the League Cup matches. Davidson is back running and Milne a couple of weeks away. 

On another note, the new website is nice and some of the new merchandise is cracking. Would be nice if it was updated with news from our League Cup campaign. You wouldn't even know we had a match today unless you went into fixtures. 

2 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Maybury gave an update recently after one of the League Cup matches. Davidson is back running and Milne a couple of weeks away. 

On another note, the new website is nice and some of the new merchandise is cracking. Would be nice if it was updated with news from our League Cup campaign. You wouldn't even know we had a match today unless you went into fixtures. 

Have to agree with you about the new website...it looks great but we should be utilising it better like you mentioned news on the league cup campaign & fixtures...just little things that might happen to attract the odd extra supporters on a Saturday..

Merchandise is great...I happily purchased the new home top with the while sleeves  🇵🇪 👏 👏

Will be great to get Davidson back fit...really missed him last year plus he will be a good steadier in the middle of the park for the youngster's... as for Milne what will be will be IMO 

Here's hoping for a positive season 🙏 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪

We’re on the eve of a new season and players from last season, who are no longer at the club and who we have discussed in great length, are being spoken about. Why?? Move on, look to the future and let’s look at the lads that are at the club and want to be at the club please!! McPake and co did what was right for them, good luck and let’s move on.

I keep reading Beepee saying it will be great having Davidson back fit, I really think we should look at this with caution. He has missed an awful lot of football and has now had a couple of bad injuries during his time at East Fife and now with us. I hope we (eventually) see the same player returning, but my fear is we won’t. There’s a difference between being fit and being match sharp and up to speed, that’s going to take a long time for the lad and for us much as we all hope he can get back there….lets not 1) bank on it and 2) put too much pressure on the guy.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

We’re on the eve of a new season and players from last season, who are no longer at the club and who we have discussed in great length, are being spoken about. Why?? 

I’m guessing because it’s a football forum mate. Might be wrong though. I totally agree regarding Davidson. 

8 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I’m guessing because it’s a football forum mate. Might be wrong though. I totally agree regarding Davidson. 

Totally, but do we have to go round and round and round on the same points that have been made to death……especially when the players are no longer with us?? 

22 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Totally, but do we have to go round and round and round on the same points that have been made to death……especially when the players are no longer with us?? 

Probably not but I couldn’t help myself 😀

Looking forward to the league games starting..

Anyone know how long Sam Denham is going to be out? Thought he looked really good.

So far overall I thought we've probably been better than i   expected at this stage.

I'm confident we can at least be competitive and it's different to have so many younger players compared to recent seasons.

I only mention Davidson because i really rate him as a player..has composure & can pick a pass...something we were clearly missing last season in League 1... not putting pressure on him either & fully understand it will take time for him to get fit & match sharp...i just think he will be a massive help to the younger lads who are going to have to learn quickly through playing lots of football due to a small sqaud 

I'm optimistic about the season ahead, however I'm still hopeful we can get a couple of more loan signings in at least... full back, winger & another midfielder wouldn't be turned down 👍

Agreed that i think we are in a better position than i thought we would be 6 weeks or so ago.... alot of credit to Maybury for coming in at a difficult time to say the least & bring a bit of calm & stability to our club,, looking forward to Saturday & cheering the lads on for the upcoming 24/25 season. C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 💪 

Only been to the Stranraer match thus far so, going on that I have to say a bit of a mixed bag, some of the young players looked bright and keen but a bit concerning how they lost two goals in a couple of minutes near the end and were unable to see the game out. 

Don't think there a great deal of money available for signings so AM will probably have to rely on his contacts further up the SPFL to bring in one or two on loan, a ball winning hard tackling midfielder with a bit of experience is what the team could be doing with, in all honesty that's not likely the kind of player you will get on loan.