Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

Yeah I've a feeling that other than maybe another loan player.,this is going to be the squad.

Be great if it was a defensive midfielder but I think until davidson iis back thet Crane has that role.

Based on Raith / Hamilton/ Stranraer games....

It is a bit of a mixed bag. Defence has been OK at times and shown promise. Midfield is often lacking  defensive protection  which isn't exactly new..  the younger players show some good flashes but make mistakes. All to be expected. I think Harry Waugh looks good as a playmaker in midfield. He's confident, wants the  all and makes decent use of it.

Good for Mckinley to get his first goal and Carrick is looking back to his old self too..

I can't help but expect inconsistency. New team with younger players.

It's gonna be interesting anyway

If we've got one more signing left in us, I'd be looking for a right winger. Not totally convinced by Harry Wright. That's where I'd like some real quality if we can somehow find it.

3 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

think Harry Waugh looks good as a playmaker in midfield. He's confident, wants the  all and makes decent use of it.

Is that Ricky Waugh's twin brother your talking about 🤔 🤣

If that's the case here's hoping that we get Lewis Milne's twin brother back this season 🙏  can't be worse than the charlatan we had last season 🙈

Right or left winger I'd be happy with 

Roll on Saturday 🇵🇪 💪

Concerns about the squad are valid, but I'm hopeful that once we get the likes of Denham, Milne, Hilson, Davidson and Geeks back, we'll look a bit stronger. I will remain optimistic until we get smashed on Saturday...

On 30/07/2024 at 09:06, unitedbino said:

Concerns about the squad are valid, but I'm hopeful that once we get the likes of Denham, Milne, Hilson, Davidson and Geeks back, we'll look a bit stronger. I will remain optimistic until we get smashed on

Josh Kerr also signs for the club, what a signing that is for us by the way. Delighted to have him at the club, after the way I seen him play for Cove against us last season.

0e4ce4f3-d001-47fc-80db-cb3bcbfe7fed.jpeg

19 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Josh Kerr also signs for the club, what a signing that is for us by the way. Delighted to have him at the club, after the way I seen him play for Cove against us last season.

0e4ce4f3-d001-47fc-80db-cb3bcbfe7fed.jpeg

Was this announced on Facebook? Zero on twitter or website. Cheers for the update 👍

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

Was this announced on Facebook? Zero on twitter or website. Cheers for the update 👍

It's on the Website & X

In full agreement.... we pulled off a great signing here 👏 

Always looked good against us..composure on the ball & commanding in the air including opposition box

Really pleased with this... sqaud is looking good 😀

Those are two smashing signings.

I think Kerr's family are central based so I'm sure that had a bearing on his decision but a great piece of business potentially.

Have only ever read positive things about Harkness too at Rangers and Scotland level.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed on social media that Godwin has been loaned out to Broxburn for the season and it's his last year on his development contract. It goes without saying that I wish the lad luck, when he played for them in the pre-season friendly against us, I thought he had left the club at that point but it's good to now have clarification.

Can't help but think that if he was going to break through here, he would have done it this season. Obviously looked like he may have had something at the end of our last League 2 campaign, but was loaned to Bo'ness Athletic. In a squad that has been built from scratch and where we are arguably short of wingers, he's obviously not impressed enough to be given an opportunity where others have.

i feared the worst and that's confirmed it. 

i've also has the misfortune to have had experience with that injury. the op and rehab are no fun at all.

i thought he looked excellent in the appearances he made as well.

i really hope he can recover fully from it. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Afternoon Binos!

Strong rumour we're going to announce Josh Cooper today, what type of player is he? Can't say I know much about him.

Cheers!

he never really got a run of starts with us but was still often a very useful impact substitute. talented, good touch, decent dribbler with a good eye for goal. i generally thought he did his best work off the left hand side and cutting in from there to shoot. 

if you want to see him at his best, here's a 30 minute hat trick after coming on as a sub (he comes on about halfway through the video). the fact he was back on the bench the next week kind of says it all really. many supporters wanted to see him starting more games and getting a shot in the middle ahead of Jack Leitch.

i really liked him and hope he does well. 

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Afternoon Binos!

Strong rumour we're going to announce Josh Cooper today, what type of player is he? Can't say I know much about him.

Cheers!

I think @WattersIsGod has summed Josh up with his post. I noticed he was playing as a trialist for you a couple of months back, so it's taken quite some time for you to do the deal, which seems strange. Josh Cooper falls into the same bracket as Josh McPake for me, a good player at the level he was playing at for us, but do I honestly think he'll do it in the Championship....honestly I don't. I wish him well though and wish he was still with us.

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I think @WattersIsGod has summed Josh up with his post. I noticed he was playing as a trialist for you a couple of months back, so it's taken quite some time for you to do the deal, which seems strange. Josh Cooper falls into the same bracket as Josh McPake for me, a good player at the level he was playing at for us, but do I honestly think he'll do it in the Championship....honestly I don't. I wish him well though and wish he was still with us.

i honestly think he's a better, more rounded player than McPake and if you gave me the choice between the two i know which Josh I'd pick..........