Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

12 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

If it makes you feel any better, when i was born we were known as Airdrie United and i still had to google most of the acronyms that get used on here.

Cheers,think what happened I read the quote below the post without reading the post correctly,hope we have a good season ,

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

I know this is just wishful thinking on my behalf but Killie play their first pre-season tonight and McInroy not stripped. Seems like he's destined for our league this season.

That would be a signing ,

11 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Euan East and Josh Kerr on trial with Partick Thistle apparently

I like Josh a lot, but he's a big risk for any club with his injury history, he's 25 and the most senior games he's managed in any season of his career is 21 for us in his last season. The next most was 15 for us the season before. Would be surprised if thistle take the chance.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

I like Josh a lot, but he's a big risk for any club with his injury history, he's 25 and the most senior games he's managed in any season of his career is 21 for us in his last season. The next most was 15 for us the season before. Would be surprised if thistle take the chance.

Was Kerr's injury troubles not all linked to a hernia that he tried to manage and play through during the COVID season,  last season coming back from rehab and McCabes emergence as a quality defender dropped him to the bench ,  after that Murray seemed to use him sparingly, I could be way off with my assessment,   

Just now, Passionate said:

Was Kerr's injury troubles not all linked to a hernia that he tried to manage and play through during the COVID season,  last season coming back from rehab and McCabes emergence as a quality defender dropped him to the bench ,  after that Murray seemed to use him sparingly, I could be way off with my assessment,   

You're quite possibly right but his seasons at either end of his time with us were similarly sparse of games.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

You're quite possibly right but his seasons at either end of his time with us were similarly sparse of games.

Only made 5 starts for Bohemians as well. 

It's all been said above, perfect specimen of a footballer and a classy player but unfortunately seems to be dogged with fitness issues.  

Edited by Kenny_m

17 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Euan East and Josh Kerr on trial with Partick Thistle apparently

Quite encouraging that Thistle are shopping in that market. Not seen much of East but upper League 1/lower Championship seems to be his level. Hard to judge Kerr as his time with us was so stop/start. But he never looked good defensively in a back 4, his only solid spell was in a back 3 towards the end of the Covid season. He's good technically so I guess if he gets a run of games and has a solid side around him then who knows, but there's no way I'd be taking the chance on him even if we were League 1, nevermind the Championship.

41 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Quite encouraging that Thistle are shopping in that market. Not seen much of East but upper League 1/lower Championship seems to be his level. Hard to judge Kerr as his time with us was so stop/start. But he never looked good defensively in a back 4, his only solid spell was in a back 3 towards the end of the Covid season. He's good technically so I guess if he gets a run of games and has a solid side around him then who knows, but there's no way I'd be taking the chance on him even if we were League 1, nevermind the Championship.

In my limited viewings of him, and he did score twice against us last season, I would say he would strengthen our current squad at centre back. If we manage to acquire someone who is better then all fair and well.

10 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Seeing that game against Dungannon reminds me of the trip over for the friendly against Linfield a while back, an interesting evening out that one!

https://www.ballymenaunitedfc.com/historypre201415/reports/report_2006_07_29_Airdrie.php

Kinda reminds me of this one too in 2006 when we played Ballymena United. I also had no idea that Tommy Wright was their manager at the time too. I definitely want to see a return of the red top and the white diamond in the photos.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Friendly with Dungannon Swifts tomorrow night who are in the Northern Irish Premier League.

More importantly are any of their players signed up to Consilium and even more importantly do they play left back or centre back?Screenshot_20230705_215048_Facebook.thumb.jpg.675c7137e2e0f198921cd78d48463974.jpg

35 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Seeing that game against Dungannon reminds me of the trip over for the friendly against Linfield a while back, an interesting evening out that one!

A shame it wasn’t organised/announced before now as it’d have been great to go over for it. The sort of outing friendlies should be for. 

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Interesting comment from Morton manager!

image.thumb.png.a1aae65afbfb873cab5fc6b59da0e732.png

2 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Sure we can kid....sure we can

Not sure how concrete it was but I did hear they offered Frizz a deal and the fact he’s stayed on with us would maybe tell you they haven’t matched what we offered him.