Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

26 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Hello, 

planning down for the cup game against yourselves in a couple of weeks, was just wondering where to park for the game and if there is any decent pubs close by that will be showing other matches and serve food? 

thanks

Cue here in the town centre usally will show games but do t think any our way sell food aswell 

also welcomes away fans aswell

On 06/08/2023 at 10:21, Diamond1924 said:

Feeing a little more accepting of the defeat this morning. We showed in glimpses that we can compete at this level. I thought we were much more physical and willing to put a foot in more than last season which is a good sign. 

Thought Ballantyne was exceptional and didn’t put a foot wrong the entire game. 

Home on Saturday so let’s make it count 

It would be a great 3points against a strongly fancied team,finish above thistle and we won't be far away ,play offs anyway,Dundee united look a very quick  and strong side and big favs for league,aye this early ,

10 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Hello, 

planning down for the cup game against yourselves in a couple of weeks, was just wondering where to park for the game and if there is any decent pubs close by that will be showing other matches and serve food? 

thanks

I don’t live in Airdrie so I’m by no means an expert but the aforementioned Cue Here and the Albert Bar (probably the closest to the ground in terms of town centre pubs) are both my preferred choices if I’m going out before or after the game. West End Bar is good too. Don’t know about food, think the Fourways is pretty good if you’re after a bar/restaurant type place albeit it’s a 25 minute walk to the ground from there according to Google Maps. I think the Staging Post in the town does food as well. 

There’s a new Lidl beside the ground where you should be able to park without any issues. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds02 said:

👀

IMG_2134.png

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

That site is now saying he's soon going to Airdrie. 

I think that boy largely makes stuff up TBF but there might be something in the story as he had trained with us previously. And the club obviously has an unsaid relationship with Jackie McNamara and Consillium where Wotherspoon and a number of our players, including McCabe, are on the books. Clearly he’s holding out for something. I actually said to @Mr November on Saturday there’s no way it’s us he’s holding out for but if it does transpire that way I’ll be delighted! 

Edited by airdrieman

That same boy linked us with Connor Smith in an other post. He’s another player I’d be delighted to land. A huge upgrade on McGregor and O’Connor and he’s a bit ‘cute’ and streetwise in terms of his play which for me is exactly what we need. And he has a bit of quality too. 

IMO Wotherspoon and Smith are worth pushing the boat for with whatever budget we have left. Hopefully the League Cup money and any potential Devenny transfer might make a difference. 

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

A guy from Consillium Andy Young has just Tweeted ''Talking absolute nonsense''  and his tweet about him going to Airdrie has been deleted.

Yep, whoever the lad is with that page generally just copies and pastes daily record transfer news or makes it up as someone stated in the thread.

Not sure where Wotherspoon will end up, but I doubt it’ll be Airdrie.

Realistically there’s a chance we’d get Smith. I’d hope that his brothers connection would encourage him to give us a go or maybe not…

Wetherspoon is unfortunately way beyond us. I’d be very shocked if we had a remote chance of bringing him in. 

On that note, I wonder how McCabe would feel bringing in someone with more experience than he? You’d hope that professionals would see beyond ego but I don’t believe McCabe has brought in anyone older than him? Power dynamic anyone?

24 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Realistically there’s a chance we’d get Smith. I’d hope that his brothers connection would encourage him to give us a go or maybe not…

Wetherspoon is unfortunately way beyond us. I’d be very shocked if we had a remote chance of bringing him in. 

On that note, I wonder how McCabe would feel bringing in someone with more experience than he? You’d hope that professionals would see beyond ego but I don’t believe McCabe has brought in anyone older than him? Power dynamic anyone?

Aaron Taylor Sinclair is older than McCabe. 

18 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Davie Hutton and Dean Lyness as well.

43 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Subbing himself off on Saturday for a 20 year old? 

4 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

25 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Perhaps I should re-phrase…

Would McCabe want to recruit someone with a better career than he? Wetherspoon has played in the top league for years and has played at senior international level. Would McCabe want that level of experience possibly conflicting with his ‘what I say goes’ regime?

Just now, Diamond1924 said:

Would McCabe want to recruit someone with a better career than he? Wetherspoon has played in the top league for years and has played at senior international level. Would McCabe want that level of experience possibly conflicting with his ‘what I say goes’ regime?

I'm led to believe we had offered him a deal weeks ago.

So to answer your question I'd go for yes.

10 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Maybe something in that,older more experienced players may not be what manager wants,Smith and Wotherspoon would of course be players that would make us a team to really compete in this league ,get them in before sat ,

11 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I'd like to think that Rhys' would think on the flipside of this " a senior player, playing at the highest level in the country for years, and also having international caps, and by all accounts, a bloody good guy to have around the team (from St J anyway). who wouldn't want him in our league?"

3 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'd like to think that Rhys' would think on the flipside of this " a senior player, playing at the highest level in the country for years, and also having international caps, and by all accounts, a bloody good guy to have around the team (from St J anyway). who wouldn't want him in our league?"

You would hope…

It appears to me that we’ve not really made any signings that would trump McCabe’s career and so wonder if this would come into play as he is still a player first and foremost 

I think Rhys would sign anyone who would improve the team, he's clearly targetting along career in management by starting so young, he's got off to the best possible start, if he can keep Airdrie up, stabalise in the Championship over the next few seasons he'll be off to a higher placed Scottish team or down south so he'll sign whoever he can to achieve success.