Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

6 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Patiently awaiting posts from those who have taken the opportunity to view the open training session informing us which out of contract stars are training with us tonight.

I surely can't be the only one hoping for some wild left field fella from Kahzikstan or the like.

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Patiently awaiting posts from those who have taken the opportunity to view the open training session informing us which out of contract stars are training with us tonight.

Sorry to disappoint, but there wasn't anyone I saw that I didn't recognise. 

However, I said even before I arrived that I doubted the club would have any current trialists in for tonight's session, for exactly the reason that it was open to spectators and to avoid rumours, leaks of who we are looking at etc. 

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Sorry to disappoint, but there wasn't anyone I saw that I didn't recognise. 

However, I said even before I arrived that I doubted the club would have any current trialists in for tonight's session, for exactly the reason that it was open to spectators and to avoid rumours, leaks of who we are looking at etc. 

Clubs doing a very good job of avoiding  leaks and rumours right enough ,

11 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Saw a couple of folk say on Twitter that they saw a couple of players they didn’t recognise at the open training session tonight. Not including Jackie McNamara’s son. 

Guaranteed Hancock will have been one of them. Maybe Spalding too and some of the other youths. I didn't spot any new faces myself. 

7 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Guaranteed Hancock will have been one of them. Maybe Spalding too and some of the other youths. I didn't spot any new faces myself. 

Speaking with someone yesterday whose son played with Hancock in the youth team at Aberdeen and he really rated him although not the tallest for a centre back.

8 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Speaking with someone yesterday whose son played with Hancock in the youth team at Aberdeen and he really rated him although not the tallest for a centre back.

He looked very decent at the training session yesterday. Just training mind, but very comfortable on the ball and solid looking. 

9 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

There was two new faces last night one was a defender looked pretty confident on the ball and the other looked more iff and attacker wasn’t the tallest tho